Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:00:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 [229] 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 ... 417 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BCN] Bytecoin. Secure, private, untraceable since 2012  (Read 1070025 times)
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 07:28:13 PM

I'm doing my own research…

Check this

I'm pretty sure that RYS got various things wrong.

The first step is admitting there's a problem. More detailed reply from CH later. Perhaps I am a troll - I smell blood.

I am CH

nb RYS refers to rethink-your-strategy, author of the post linked above. smooth is a Monero dev.

RYS built a house of cards. I'm testing it.

Awesome, please post your findings as RYS did, so we can compare. Personally, you just seem to be trolling (using an alt account as well?) and wasting people's time over in the Monero thread. Funny how that is. That's what the BCN devs originally did...  Roll Eyes

I don't usually bother with the Bytecoin joke any more but since he insisted on quoting me out of context I will include the context:

I'm pretty sure that RYS got various things wrong. When you don't have transparency, you can't get every detail right. What you can do is identify inconsistencies and implausibilities in the facts that you do have. That is exactly how fraud and other criminal investigations work in every single case. Crypto is no different.

BTW, RYS wasn't the first or only one to conclude that Bytecoin was fraudulent, he just did the most work to analyze and document the available evidence (and bring together the work of others), especially the forged white papers and the hosting and web-design linkages between the various shill coins. I guess he might have been motivated by his original discovery that their claim of a Princeton Professor being a team member to be false (which I had also determined). Professor David Anderson was responsible for analyzing the mining code and determining that it had been deliberately crippled. I determined that the claims of Cicada 3301 involvement were lies. Fluffypony rejected their claims of a deep web presence. Others made various observations about the scam too.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
child_harold

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 08:16:59 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2015, 08:47:27 PM by child_harold

I don't usually bother with the Bytecoin joke any more but since he insisted on quoting me out of context I will include the context:

Bullshit.

Even after admitting that rethink-your-strategy's post is not accurate you return to your usual unproven hate-mantra. Virtually every time Bytecoin is mentioned in BTC you or a member of your community link to the post above. You revel in it. You profit from something whose creators you defame. It disgusts me.

Without Bytecoin you wouldnt even exist. Pretending to be impartial is nearly impossible for you now, although I must commend your honesty re even the possibility of your peer having "various things wrong", which IMO he has.

Scammers dont go around writing ground-breaking code. If u wanna scam in crypto you there's a million easier ways than actually creating an anonymous Bitcoin. FFS.

Arguably it'd be best if you permit these developers (also your benefactors) to pursue their endeavors  to complete their creation unhindered whilst you dilly-dally with yours.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 08:41:38 PM

Scammers dont go around writing ground-breaking code.

You base that on what exactly? I fail to see any essential positive or negative connection between the two at all. One might say, Harvard graduates who go on to receive Ph.Ds. in Mathematics and become professors don't go around blowing people up, but that would be nonsense as demonstrated by the example of the unibomber.

If u wanna scam in crypto you there's a million easier ways than actually creating an anonymous Bitcoin. FFS.

You keep repeating this, yet not only isn't it even true (for similar reasons as above), but it doesn't fit even Cryptonote's claimed facts at all. Supposedly the system was designed and implemented and then some members of the group decided to launch their own coin with it. It was that last decision that was done as a scam. It had nothing to do with the designing and implementing. (Again, we don't know that this is entirely correct, but it is at least plausible, and contradicts your cloud castle of a mantra that it can't possibly be a scam because it is innovative.)

these developers (also your benefactors)

As I explained above, every Cryptonote-derived coin is a legitimate offspring of the original Cryptonote work (as explicitly invited by them when they released the cryptonote starter kit). In that sense Bytecoin and Monero are just siblings. Choose whichever you prefer, being fully informed.
acdc

Activity: 939
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 08:53:12 PM

I'm planning to invest into BCN, but I still have some doubts/questions.

1) What's the talk about an 80% premine? Any proof that this DID or DID NOT happen?

I'm 80% sure the 80% premine story is correct ... that's 160%!!!

DON'T BUY BCN, IT'S A STEAMING PILE

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1965

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 09:19:47 PM

Bullshit.

Even after admitting that rethink-your-strategy's post is not accurate you return to your usual unproven hate-mantra. Virtually every time Bytecoin is mentioned in BTC you or a member of your community link to the post above. You revel in it. You profit from something whose creators you defame. It disgusts me.

Without Bytecoin you wouldnt even exist. Pretending to be impartial is nearly impossible for you now, although I must commend your honesty re even the possibility of your peer having "various things wrong", which IMO he has.

Scammers dont go around writing ground-breaking code. If u wanna scam in crypto you there's a million easier ways than actually creating an anonymous Bitcoin. FFS.

Arguably it'd be best if you permit these developers (also your benefactors) to pursue their endeavors  to complete their creation unhindered whilst you dilly-dally with yours.

Man, are you off your meds or something? wtf are you even ranting on about? Why are you so mad about Smooth & Monero? You say "it'd be best if you permit these developers to pursue their endeavors", yet there you are, doing exactly the opposite, just poking the bear for weeks now... wtf?!

BTW - Pointing users to the RYS thread when they come ANYWHERE asking about "investing" in CN coins is just common sense - He raised valid questions, and I pointed him to what I believe is the best synopsis of the issues so far. If you have a better link other than "Bytecoin.org", start telling people to go there instead already. Or do even better - Refute all that info, and prove it otherwise.

Or.. Did you just up and lose your purple crayon again? Wink

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
child_harold

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 09:22:06 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2015, 09:33:05 PM by child_harold

You base that on what exactly? I fail to see any essential positive or negative connection between the two at all. One might say, Harvard graduates who go on to receive Ph.Ds. in Mathematics and become professors don't go around blowing people up, but that would be nonsense as demonstrated by the example of the unibomber.

If u wanna scam in crypto you there's a million easier ways than actually creating an anonymous Bitcoin. FFS.

You keep repeating this, yet not only isn't it even true (for similar reasons as above), but it doesn't fit even Cryptonote's claimed facts at all. Supposedly the system was designed and implemented and then some members of the group decided to launch their own coin with it. It was that last decision that was done as a scam. It had nothing to do with the designing and implementing. (Again, we don't know that this is entirely correct, but it is at least plausible, and contradicts your cloud castle of a mantra that it can't possibly be a scam because it is innovative.)

As I explained above, every Cryptonote-derived coin is a legitimate offspring of the original Cryptonote work (as explicitly invited by them when they released the cryptonote starter kit). In that sense Bytecoin and Monero are just siblings. Choose whichever you prefer, being fully informed.

The Bytecoin Team helped the Cryptonote Team implement the code. This is the version of events as described by the CN Team on cryptonote.org. Monero just copied it. How the hell are you siblings? Rather Monero is more the bastard son.

When I fist mentioned cryptonote.org's recognition of BCN you dismissed it out-of-hand accusing the CN Team of being in the same boat as the BCN Team. Yet now it serves you better to distinguish them. Check out the CN and BCN websites smooth. They're on the same page, so-to-speak.

Scammers are parasites, not innovators.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 09:32:01 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2015, 11:03:52 PM by smooth

The Bytecoin Team helped the Cryptonote Team implement the code. This is the version of events as described by the CN Team on crptonote.org. Monero just copied it. How the hell are you siblings? Rather Monero is more the bastard son.

A while back there was an interview posted with someone alleged to be from cryptonote who said that the bytecoin team split off from cryptonote because they wanted to implement a coin, and cryptonote was more interested in promoting the use of the technology by independent groups (which is exactly what Monero is doing, I might add). It was stated that they were still in contact but no longer working together. I'm simply going based on what they said. I can't easily find that interview now, but I'm sure its around somewhere if someone wants to dig it up.

It is also clear that cryptonote has invited other people, besides Bytecoin, to create coins using the technology they invented when they released the cryptonote starter kit. This is entirely beyond dispute, and again, this is exactly what Monero is doing.

If you prefer Bytecoin for your crypto investment needs because you believe (without any evidence I might add, and I strongly suspect incorrectly) that the people running it now and working on the code are the same ones who implemented the original reference code, and that matters a lot to you, go for it. It's your money.

(BTW, again I would suggest to you that you enlist the advice of technical experts who would tell you -- if they are competent -- from looking at the original and new code that it isn't the same people working on it any more.)

When I fist mentioned cryptonote.org's recognition of BCN you dismissed it out-of-hand accusing the CN Team of being in the same boat as the BCN Team.

As I explained to you before, the fact that cryptonote repeats the implausible and essentially disproven claim of two-years-in-the-deep-web, it is clear that not all of their statements can be trusted, and their motives appear, to some extent, aligned with those of Bytecoin in perpetuating this false backstory. (This was well-discussed last year, and had nothing to do with you pointing it out.) By the same token, that does not demonstrate that all of their statements are false. Correct logic may be tricky at times, but I'm sure you can understand this, correct?
child_harold

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 09:43:06 PM

^is Monero a fork of Bytecoin? If yes how are you siblings?

btw The Cryptonote Team has been abused (defamed) almost as much as the Bytecoin Team by your community and the CN starter kit was allegedly an attempt to sabotage and devalue all CN coins, says your peer. Make your minds up. You cant have it both ways.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 10:41:26 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2015, 10:58:41 PM by smooth

^is Monero a fork of Bytecoin? If yes how are you siblings?

In terms of the mechanics of how it was done, yes. In terms of substance, both using the cryptonote reference code which, as I have explained twice and you keep ignoring, Cryptonote has invited people to use.

btw The Cryptonote Team has been abused (defamed) almost as much as the Bytecoin Team by your community and the CN starter kit was allegedly an attempt to sabotage and devalue all CN coins, says your peer. Make your minds up. You cant have it both ways.

It's only defamation (or abuse) if is is untrue. As soon as you can show the statements made about Crytponote and/or Bytecoin are untrue, we can talk. As far as I can tell, my statements, starting back shortly after Bytecoin was first launched (and before Monero was even considered much less launched), were based on analysis and investigation. For example, it is certainly true that the claim of Cicada 3301 involvement was/is a lie. Do you disagree?

As far as the starter kit, I have no opinion about its intent, I can only judge it for what it is. Also, I'm not sure who you are calling my 'peer' but since I don't actually know any of the forum members in person I can't really judge who is my peer and who is not.

romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 02:22:22 AM

can anyone explain why BCN has been rising while XMR is stagnant ?
jt7382

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 03:39:19 AM

Where can I download a wallet since sourceforge is down?
acdc

Activity: 939
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 05:46:52 AM

not many 'real' buyers, so buying & selling to themselves is the answer to BCN rise. XMR supply & demand is real people, and sometimes less exciting

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
Ullo

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2015, 07:33:14 AM

We've temporary put the files on our servers. Check out the downloads page: https://bytecoin.org/downloads/

Bytecoin BCN core team: https://bytecoin.org/
jt7382

Activity: 203

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 07:54:44 AM

We've temporary put the files on our servers. Check out the downloads page: https://bytecoin.org/downloads/

Excellent, thank you.
LucD88

Activity: 525
Merit: 510

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 08:04:10 AM

Excellent, thank you.
Sigh.. Let me guess, another BCN promoter/sock-puppet account? Makes sense now why Ullo made a new topic regarding Bytecoin, this one seems unmoderated.
child_harold

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 08:28:52 AM
Last edit: July 17, 2015, 08:54:58 AM by child_harold

not many 'real' buyers, so buying & selling to themselves is the answer to BCN rise. XMR supply & demand is real people, and sometimes less exciting

Speaking for myself I became intrigued by Bytecoin and the cryptonote story. I saw an aggressive roadmap and read many posts that raised more questions than they answered. As I began my research (ongoing) I bought cautiously between 11 and 14 sats. Now Im holding and watching.

vaporware asset wizard

Activity: 162

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 09:18:43 AM

Speaking for myself I became intrigued by Bytecoin and the cryptonote story. I saw an aggressive roadmap and read many posts that raised more questions than they answered. As I began my research (ongoing) I bought cautiously between 11 and 14 sats. Now Im holding and watching.

@child_harold, you'd love supernet, you can chat with the dev team in person on their slack - no shit - detective work to verify takes 5 minutes tops Smiley
Ullo

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2015, 10:00:14 AM

EDIT:
Lol at the post above by a BCN core team member ignoring my questions and any of the stuff being said. Another red flag, happy to say I never invested in BCN..

What does my answers change exactly? There are other people here who love arguing about the conspiracy theories. I bet I'll be overwhelmed with accusations and dirt as soon as I post this.

1) What's the talk about an 80% premine? Any proof that this DID or DID NOT happen?

I've mentioned multiple times that Bytecoin was launched in July 2012. You may check its genesis block, the info is open. I don't know what was wrong with the whitepapers on the CryptoNote website and why there were errors in it, whitepapers are on their side. What's more, I do not understand how exactly this proves that Bytecoin was not launched in 2012 or whatever argument there is against the project.

When we first launched, Bytecoin was a raw Java version, which was quite clumsy and very different from other altcoins that were booming at that time. This, among other factors, made us rewrite the code to C++ and gradually shift the users from Java to Java/C++ hybrid and then to pure C++. It also allowed substantial hashrate optimization which was implemented by the community.

The argument that Bytecoin did not develop its source code and somehow it's completely different people contributing now is nothing but hilarious.

2) What's the maximum amount of BCN that can be transfered per transaction?

It depends on the transaction properties. Usually, you may easily send 10M BCN at anonymity level (mixin) 6.

Currently txs over 20 kB are note accepted by the network. The size can be decreased by lowering the anonymity level. There might be issues with wallets that have a lot of tiny inputs (usually derived from older versions of open source pools), but in Bytecoin 1.0.7 we're going to introduce inputs optimization, which is going to resolve the issue.

3) Where else can I download the latest version of the wallet? (SourceForge is down, they're having issues at the moment)

The files are temporary moved to our servers.

4) Where's the discussion about BCN? (The inactivity/silence in this BitcoinTalk ANN topic bothers me)

The discussion is ongoing on bytecointalk.org, which is Bytecoin community forum.

5) What about the activity of the development team? (The OP guys [DStrange] hasn't been online for nearly 2 weeks?)

The development team does exactly what the word "development" means. It's usually me and DStrange posting info on forums, but he's been quite busy lately with other things he has to do in his life.

6) What's up with the price? (Unless there's no marketing/adoption/active development at all, 20 sats is incredibly low)

Our primary goal has always been development. You may check our roadmap to learn how we do it and what is upcoming.

Bytecoin BCN core team: https://bytecoin.org/
cryptrol

Activity: 637
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 11:27:08 AM
Last edit: July 17, 2015, 11:38:53 AM by cryptrol

I've mentioned multiple times that Bytecoin was launched in July 2012. You may check its genesis block, the info is open. I don't know what was wrong with the whitepapers on the CryptoNote website and why there were errors in it, whitepapers are on their side. What's more, I do not understand how exactly this proves that Bytecoin was not launched in 2012 or whatever argument there is against the project.

When we first launched, Bytecoin was a raw Java version, which was quite clumsy and very different from other altcoins that were booming at that time. This, among other factors, made us rewrite the code to C++ and gradually shift the users from Java to Java/C++ hybrid and then to pure C++. It also allowed substantial hashrate optimization which was implemented by the community.

The argument that Bytecoin did not develop its source code and somehow it's completely different people contributing now is nothing but hilarious.

Wow, a core dev answering a non development question, this is new.

Regarding your facts :
- The blockchain could be faked, I am not saying it is, I am just saying that this doesn't prove that BCN was aroung in 2012.
- The community you mention has not been identified as far as I know, so this again proves nothing.
- The whitepapers prove nothing.
- The ancient Java code you mention, well, I could only saw some compiled java objects (no source), although again this could prove nothing again even with source.
- The 80% of coins emitted before going public can certainly be called a premine because all of the above points.
- The connection between the Cryptonote people and the Bytecoin people can't be proved but it's really apparent for the people that has been here since the beginning.

I am just writing this for the clueless people that crowd this forum, not trying to start a conversation with BCN devs or supporters, since they already know all of the above and it has never been addressed as far as I know.

I guess if these "people" are a team, this kind of mess and scam accusations will tear them apart, that's when things will start to get interesting in the BCN scene.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 11:33:31 AM

- It could have been easy to prove the existence of the blockchain at some date with a News headline (like the one in the bitcoin genesis block).

That only proves that it wasn't created before a certain date, not that it was. I could easily put a news headline from 1850 in a genesis block, that doesn't mean such a coin existed in 1850.
Pages: « 1 ... 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 [229] 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 ... 417 »
  Print  

Jump to: