Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:16:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 [242] 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 ... 417 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BCN] Bytecoin. Secure, private, untraceable since 2012  (Read 1069997 times)
mywalk

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 06:56:10 PM

Bytecoin Updates to 1.0.7.1, Enhances Network Stability

Today Bytecoin has been updated to v.1.0.7.1. This release is mainly devoted to enhanced network stability and simplewallet improvements.

There have been several reports on Bytecoin Wallet not being able to sync after the latest release. Today's update resolves any issue that could arise. We urge you to update your daemons and Wallets to the most recent version.

Apart from the mentioned improvements, today's release also defines the internal Fusion Manager interface which will be responsible for fusion transactions. The latter is the special type of zero fee transactions designed for optimizing users wallets. In layman terms, the process will be similar to changing a number of coins into a smaller number of larger banknotes. It will decrease the size of the ordinary transactions, allowing greater flexibility and higher anonymity level.

Fusion transactions are scheduled for release v.1.0.8, which is coming out next week.

The wallet on the website for download is still v1.0.6.1.   What's up with v1.0.7.1 ?
That's the GUI wallet. Reference client, without GUI, is 1.0.7.1.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
3LEM3NT

Activity: 54

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 11:29:41 PM

Ive been out for awhile I predicted that bytecoin would rise and rise it did
zezeto

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 06:40:52 AM

Is this a scamcoin?
trusted exchange for this one? since I deposited some BNC to Hitbtc and wasnt credit to my balance. also a friend tried to deposit and got the same problem.
Deposits in Poloniex are disabled and the other exchange on this post dosnt have volume.

Thanks in advance!
G2M

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Activity: 616

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 06:51:40 AM

Is this a scamcoin?

Yeah, but they'll definitely pump out code for you. These people would literally work for the dick in their mouth.
trusted exchange for this one?

Poloniex. They're beautiful people.

since I deposited some BNC to Hitbtc and wasnt credit to my balance. also a friend tried to deposit and got the same problem.
I can tell you where your first mistake is ... but I'm pretty sure you already know Grin
Deposits in Poloniex are disabled and the other exchange on this post dosnt have volume.
This is news to me, usually PLX is nothing but prompt and well up to the task as far as decent-volume markets go. I'm sure they'll get in order soon enough. Maybe, in the meantime, you'd be better off starting an OTC thread/market?

Thanks in advance!

Any fucken time, bro.

Wind picked up: F4BC1F4BC0A2A1C4

banditryandloot goin2mars kbm keyboard-mash theusualstuff

probably a few more that don't matter for much.
Wanesst

Activity: 421

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 09:06:18 AM

Is this a scamcoin?
trusted exchange for this one? since I deposited some BNC to Hitbtc and wasnt credit to my balance. also a friend tried to deposit and got the same problem.

Thanks in advance!

HitBTC and Poloniex are both okay to manage BCN, you can use them.

Did you use Bytecoin Wallet to send your money to exchanges or did you only use the exchanges?

If you only used the exchanges, then you better write to their support.

If you used Bytecoin software, you can send an email to contact@bytecoin.org, or ask your questions on the bytecoin forum http://bytecointalk.org/

Rias

Activity: 373

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 09:40:49 AM

There were problems yesterday with my deposits on HitBTC too. However, as of now all Bytecoin deposits I've sent to HitBTC are now credited to my account. I'm not sure why Poloniex deposits are disabled.
G2M

Activity: 280

Activity: 616

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 09:58:55 AM

There were problems yesterday with my deposits on HitBTC too. However, as of now all Bytecoin deposits I've sent to HitBTC are now credited to my account. I'm not sure why Poloniex deposits are disabled.

Right.

Good thing Rias-who-deposits-to-hitbtc-every-day is here to clear things up. Otherwise we'd all be scammed.

Wind picked up: F4BC1F4BC0A2A1C4

banditryandloot goin2mars kbm keyboard-mash theusualstuff

probably a few more that don't matter for much.
zezeto

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 10:59:20 AM

since I deposited some BNC to Hitbtc and wasnt credit to my balance. also a friend tried to deposit and got the same problem.
I can tell you where your first mistake is ... but I'm pretty sure you already know Grin

Well I was thinking it was about Payment ID but it was ok, so I dosnt know if I need generate a new payment ID for each deposit.

Did you use Bytecoin Wallet to send your money to exchanges or did you only use the exchanges?
If you only used the exchanges, then you better write to their support.

I withdraw directly from the pool to the exchange address (wasnt my first withdrawal, the first was credited correctly)
Already contacted pool/exchange support
babybonobo

Activity: 278

#hardworkpaysoff

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 11:56:51 PM
Last edit: August 28, 2015, 05:23:44 AM by babybonobo

I asked Polo what was up with Bytecoin and they said they are performing "maintenance" and there is no ETA.

EDIT: Polo is back to normal again and accepting Bytecoin deposits
Ullo

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2015, 12:06:29 PM

We're pleased to announce that Bytecoin 1.0.8 has been released.
We are looking for beta testers of new Bytecoin Wallet. Contact us through our website or contact@bytecoin.org to learn more.

New Bytecoin Release 1.0.8 introduces fusion transactions and wallet outputs optimization

On August 27, we have updated Bytecoin to version 1.0.8. This version includes update of Bytecoin Wallet that enables Fusion Transactions that were announced previously. What's more, the updated Reference Client features a number of optimizations and improvements based on your feedback.

Fusion Transactions provide users with possibility to automatically optimize their accounts. The optimization process runs in background, and it is easy to launch by ticking a single box in the settings.

This optimization will be useful for those users whose Bytecoins are split in multiple small outputs. Such situation might occur if, for example, one receives large numbers of tips to the account or uses pool, which transfers money to the user in multiple small payments (e.g. earlier versions of open source CryptoNote pools). Besides increasing convenience, such optimization will also improve the privacy level of the wallet owner.

Technically, optimization is a fee-free money transaction to yourself such that the number of outputs becomes less while the outputs themselves grow larger. Such a transactions is called Fusion Transaction. If optimization process is on, the wallet will automatically select the outputs that should be fused.

At the moment, only closed beta version of the latest Bytecoin Wallet is available. If you want to participate in account optimization testing, we can provide you with Wallet with Fusion Transaction enabled. To obtain the wallet please contact us, and we will send You the link for download.

In addition to new type of transactions, this update contains other improvements:
1) Instant transactions notification is now available for Wallets connected to remote daemons
2) Reset feature for Bytecoin Wallet to resync your wallet data from the blockchain
3) IWallet High-Level API has been significantly updated
4) JSON RPC interface improvements for Bytecoin Reference Client and RPC Wallet
5) The sync process of Bytecoin Wallet on OS X has been improved.

The latest Bytecoin Reference Client and RPC Wallet version can be found on our website. To obtain beta version of Bytecoin Wallet, please contact us.

Bytecoin BCN core team: https://bytecoin.org/
bitl0ck

Activity: 240

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 02:15:41 PM

We will start accepting donations for CryptoNight FPGA mining from cryptonote community. ( BCN, XMR, AEON, ONEEVILCOIN, REDWIND, TAVOS, INFINIUM8) - cryptonight

I spoke earlier to a fpga coder who is willing to do , so all we need is your support, no matter which cryptonote coin you support, all kinds of donations will be accepted and hold by the respective coin related member ( trusted person ).

All we are asking from the coder is the hashrate/ price of the fpga is equal or better than the gpu's / cpu's.

If you feel you are somehow associated with one of the above stated coins feel free to contact me.

Donation addresses will appear when we have trusted members.

Feel free to express your opinion on this matter.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1166929.0
Ullo

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2015, 03:43:10 PM

Aggregate Addresses in CryptoNote: Towards Efficient Privacy (Whitepaper)

Aggregate addresses (or multi-addresses) is the new scheme for efficient bulk processing of CryptoNote transactions. It was introduced in Bytecoin 1.0.6 to improve experience of e-commerce services that accept Bytecoin and other CryptoNote currencies.

Today Bytecoin Team has released the whitepaper that defines the aggregate addresses scheme: "Aggregate Addresses in CryptoNote: Towards Efficient Privacy". It is available in the new section of the website devoted to Bytecoin and CryptoNote technical documentation.

To make a brief recap, CryptoNote protects sender's privacy with ring signatures (allowing a sender to sign the transaction on behalf of a group of potential senders), while recipient's privacy is ensured with one-time keys. Unlike in Bitcoin, a public address of a Bytecoin user has no link to the data contained in the blockchain. When sending a transaction, the sender creates one-time keys for each output using recipient's public key and random data. Thus, the only option for the recipient to claim the funds is to check each output in the blockchain with his private keys.

In case of user-to-user transaction, this approach is suitable. However, it poses an obstacle for enterprise operations. If a service, such as a payment processor or an exchange, receives payments from a number of users, it is non-feasible to verify each transactions output against each user's address. It would require exponentially increasing resources.

The original solution to this issue is payment ID enclosed with each transaction, which is sent to one public address. It is the unique identifier that helps a server to distinguish payments of various customers. However, such an approach is not convenient for the clients (what if you forgot to provide your payment ID?). Moreover, payment ID is stored non-encrypted in the blockchain, making deposit transactions potentially linkable.

Aggregate addresses is the solution introduced by Bytecoin Team in order to resolve this inefficiency. It allows the server to create a new deposit address for each customer. The solution lies within CryptoNote protocol design, which utilizes two private keys for a user's address. It is possible to share one key between all addresses and save time on repeating calculations with the same data when receiving a payment.

There is also another trick that reduces the load on the server allowing it to process a number of Bytecoin addresses simultaneously, namely a hash table of public keys. In the "Aggregate Addresses in CryptoNote: Towards Efficient Privacy" whitepaper we describe the issue in details as well as the naive and aggregate addresses approaches. Please refer to the paper for more information.

Aggregate addresses is the solution that significantly improves Bytecoin transaction processing for services. This scheme is useful for all CryptoNote currencies as it drastically upgrades user experience and effectively depreciates Payment ID. Aggregate addresses are currently available in Bytecoin RPC Wallet.

Today we would like to present this whitepaper for peer review and are looking forward to your feedback.

Ullo

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2015, 06:37:47 PM

Bytecoin has been updated to version 1.0.8.1 featuring various IWallet API improvements. Moreover, Bytecoin Wallet is out of closed beta with the new 1.0.7.1 version available in the downloads section.

Wallet optimization and fusion transactions are now available to everyone with the newest Bytecoin Wallet release. We would like to thank everyone who took part in closed beta testing this week. Your feedback was a valuable contribution for this wallet version to get released.

Wallet optimization is used to fuse tiny outputs into a smaller number of larger outputs with special fusion transactions. It allows to achieve higher flexibility when sending large Bytecoin sums and standardizes wallet's outputs. Wallet optimization is run in background and is available in Settings menu. Since fusion transactions do not require fee, we highly recommend to have optimization switched on all the time.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 08:07:34 AM

since no one else posted it in here so far. article covers the bytecoin/cointelgraph connection in a couple of paragraphs.

have fun reading  Cool

https://medium.com/@iandemartino/more-on-cointelegraph-by-a-former-writer-b4e1058b37ca
That's one hell of an article.. Could anyone do a TL;DR?

shortest tl;dr: bytecoin and cointelegraph are conspiring on various levels, are shady as fuck and can't be trusted.

This part was funny... lol

Look at how hard they were trying to sell the fact that BCN was around in 2012.

I was around in 2012 on the crypto scene and Bytecoin was no where to be found. If it existed it was only accessible to very few individuals and was not publicly announced to all prior to launch (like any and every fair launched coin).

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

plasmaaa

Activity: 4

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 10:46:34 AM

This part was funny... lol

Look at how hard they were trying to sell the fact that BCN was around in 2012.

I was around in 2012 on the crypto scene and Bytecoin was no where to be found. If it existed it was only accessible to very few individuals and was not publicly announced to all prior to launch (like any and every fair launched coin).
Seeing the "fast" advancement of Monero within the year and a half of existence, the probability of Bytecoin being launched in 2012 is not small at all.

No one here says Bytecoin was launched publicly.

For me "fair launched coins" are extremely stupid in the current situation, almost fully controlled by speculators, who add no value to the product itself. Should the inventors invest millions of dollars just to be part of their own project?
I prefer the developers have enough money to get the development going. It is my personal choice and I think all who stick around this thread share this view. If you prefer "fair launched coins" go to XMR/XDN/BBR/DSH. The choice is so simple.

Also, it is very likely Bytecoins devs' vision is not 'one will rule them all' as opposed to Monero devs' vision. 'One will rule them all' is just a way to enslave users.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1197

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 11:01:10 AM

For me "fair launched coins" are extremely stupid in the current situation ... I prefer the developers have enough money to get the development going.

Okay, then maybe the BCN devs should have been up front about having built BCN in 2013 and launched it in 2014 with a massive premine, instead of a fake blockchain, a bullshit story about two years in the deep web, and then trying to sell said story by manipulated press, trying to "slip it in" to Wikipedia, etc. and even now creating new zero-activity sock puppets to continue the same tired nonsense about "the probability of Bytecoin being launched in 2012 is not small".

Ethereum was up front about wanting money for development. They got $15 million ICO and nice premine on top. They didn't need to scam and neither did you. You chose to, and while it could possibly have worked, it is understandable you're now disappointed that it didn't and you got busted. Too bad. Go scam somewhere else.
plasmaaa

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 11:58:58 AM

... even now creating new zero-activity sock puppets ...
I have created a new account just because you Monero guys give negative reputation of all who supports Bytecoin in any way.

instead of a fake blockchain
If you are so sure about the fake blockchain - I am giving you a challenge.
Create a similar fake blockchain to the point of time you say it is fake. I am adding 500 XMR as a bounty, if you succeed within 2 weeks. You have at least 10x the resources Bytecoin's devs supposed to have. Let's see do you really think there is 82% premine, do you really think it's so easy, or you are just FUDing users so they can bite the hook and go to Monero.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 12:16:05 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2015, 12:58:20 PM by smooth

give negative reputation of all who supports Bytecoin in any way

Not really, I reserve that honor for the most part to people who aggressively promote the two-years-in-the-darknet scam. People who come along and perhaps support Bytecoin because they are curious or intrigued by it but don't actively promote the fraud are not scamming. You certainly are though.

Create a similar fake blockchain to the point of time you say it is fake. I am adding 500 XMR as a bounty, if you succeed within 2 weeks. You have at least 10x the resources Bytecoin's devs supposed to have. Let's see do you really think there is 82% premine, do you really think it's so easy, or you are just FUDing users so they can bite the hook and go to Monero.

I don't know why you think I have 10x the resources they are supposed to have. I have no idea what resources they have and you have no idea what resources I have.

But since you threw out this challenge, let's look at whether 500 XMR is a reasonable budget for it, and more importantly, what was a reasonable budget to have pulled off the premine in the first place.

The average difficulty (eyeballing it here) was around 150000. That's a hash rate slightly more than 1000, so one decent server, five desktops, or 10 laptops. To mine two years worth in two weeks means you need 50x that (50 servers, 250 desktops, or 500 laptops). On AWS servers of this class, cost around $10 per day. 50x for two weeks means the budget is around $7500.  If you stretch that out to two months instead of two weeks, you only need around 12 servers. If you are a sysadmin of even such a small network, or have access to resources from a research cluster, or to botnets, you might not really need to spend anything, but might take a bit longer if you are limited to idle time.

Add to that some programming to create fake transactions, modify the timestamps, etc. Still not very much.

Rough numbers, but fairly close.

So your argument here is basically that the BCN devs couldn't have possibly constructed a fake blockchain because it would cost maybe $7500 of premium priced cloud computing to do it (or less if done with a cheaper resource)?

Alternatively you have the theory of the mining being real, but done over the course of two years by a grand total of about one server or five desktops. Take your pick.
plasmaaa

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 01:34:08 PM

... even now creating new zero-activity sock puppets ...
I have created a new account just because you Monero guys give negative reputation of all who supports Bytecoin in any way.

I don't know why you think I have 10x the resources they are supposed to have. I have no idea what resources they have and you have no idea what resources I have.

But since you threw out this challenge, let's look at whether 500 XMR is a reasonable budget for it, and more importantly, what was a reasonable budget to have pulled off the premine in the first place.

The average difficulty (eyeballing it here) was around 150000. That's a hash rate slightly more than 1000, so one decent server, five desktops, or 10 laptops. To mine two years worth in two weeks means you need 50x that (50 servers, 250 desktops, or 500 laptops). On AWS servers of this class, cost around $10 per day. 50x for two weeks means the budget is around $7500.  If you stretch that out to two months instead of two weeks, you only need around 12 servers. If you are a sysadmin of even such a small network, or have access to resources from a research cluster, or to botnets, you might not really need to spend anything, but might take a bit longer if you are limited to idle time.

Add to that some programming to create fake transactions, modify the timestamps, etc. Still not very much.

Rough numbers, but fairly close.

So your argument here is basically that the BCN devs couldn't have possibly constructed a fake blockchain because it would cost maybe $7500 of premium priced cloud computing to do it (or less if done with a cheaper resource)?

Alternatively you have the theory of the mining being real, but done over the course of two years by a grand total of about one server or five desktops. Take your pick.

My argument is that faking the blockchain is so time and resource consuming that it is more likely a group/organisation to spend the time/resources for actual development.

Don't forget you have more optimised mining software.
Don't forget you had year and a half to play with a working code.
Those 2 things give you at least 10x advantage.

What you are actually saying is - they developed and tested the code, then not used it to mine. Instead, they decided to take time to build an optimised miner. Then they took time to build a software to generate a fake blockchain. Then they took time to actually generate the blockchain.
On top of that, they had a time to probably build a pool, an exchange and a merge mining coin (fantomcoin).

The small number of miners scenario is the more likely option, at least for me. But we all can see that from the blockchain.

Aren't the dividends of proofing fake blockchain can be real scenario worth more than $7500 for Monero?
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 10:27:16 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2015, 10:43:35 PM by smooth

Don't forget you have more optimised mining software.

Nobody believes that in two years the mining software wasn't optimized. In fully 100% of the cases of coins using some particular mining algorithm, miners have gone and optimized it, from tweaking the code, figuring out how to mine on GPUs, eventually building ASICs, etc. In fact, even in the case of BCN this happened: Once it was release, within a few months there were multiple people optimizing the mining code with great successful and multiple independently-developed GPU miners that were about 2x as efficient than CPUs in terms of hash/watt possibly even more in hash/$.

If miners did not optimize in two years of BCN's "history", it would be the first time that has ever happened in the history of cryptocurrencies. Sorry, implausible.

It is far more plausible that the optimized mining software was just not released, or even more that it was deliberately de-optimized/crippled. That's in fact exactly what the expert who optimized the mining software said. It was obvious to him -- in working on the code -- that it was "deliberately crippled", which means the original developers DID have optimized mining software.

Aren't the dividends of proofing fake blockchain can be real scenario worth more than $7500 for Monero?

No, we don't spend money on hype, and nobody is really being fooled by BCN's fraud any more, so what's the point?

Especially once it has been explained in clear terms (which you did not dispute) how it clearly could be done by anyone with a bit of money to spend or access to a few computers (not even that many -- background task on PCs a small office would be sufficient). Actually burning the $7500 proves nothing beyond that.
Pages: « 1 ... 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 [242] 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 ... 417 »
  Print  

Jump to: