Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:33:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fake scam accusation  (Read 820 times)
cyberpinoy (OP)

Activity: 1008
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2019, 04:33:20 AM
Last edit: October 03, 2020, 08:19:22 PM by cyberpinoy

This was a fake and probably false scam accusation which was made by a thief himself, not a hacker just your run  of the mill thief who stole my account when bitcointalk had one of their data breaches and all our usernames and passwords were sold on the darknet. So now that I have gotten my account back I will be deleting all his nonsense. Personally he has some balls on him, to steal peoples accounts, then go around slamming people with red trust and scam accusations like he did. So I will delete what I can and since I cant delete the whole thread itself I will move it change its title, and remove any content he posted then lock it.

"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MattBerglund

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 08:00:54 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2019, 11:48:40 AM by MattBerglund

Have you ever tried trading on BaseFEX with at least 0.0001 BTC? that would cost you less than 0.5 USD. Try not making accusations by imagination. You are much less qualified than tens of thousands of traders who are trading on BaseFEX with real Bitcoin.

We even have a recruitment event for angel users on Bitcointalk, if you have sent us a message, we would give you a $50 fund to your BaseFEX account, because you are a hero member. You can always use that money to try out.

The accusations are absolutely absurd, but I will refute them one by one, in order to prevent any misunderstanding.

We are Base Investing Corporation, NOT Base Investment Corporation

You are simply mixing BaseFEX (Base Investing Cooperation) with another company which has nothing to do with us. Why you are doing this? Haven't you checked the names before taking the screenshots?

We are NOT anonymous

We are not. Check the interview of our CEO, Jesse Wu. We are a company registered in Seychelles, like a lot of cryptocurrency companies, but we are right here ready to talk to anyone with a question, on Bitcointalk, on Telegram, with Emails, with phone numbers if you care to contact us and talk to us. We are trying our best to let the world know us better every day, a lot of people have already known us, apparently you are not included.

We Are NOT a Copy of Some Other Website

BaseFEX and BitMEX both provides Bitcoin - US Dollar perpetual futures contract, just like many other crypto derivative exchanges. We have real trading ongoing every second, numerous traders are trading on our website at the moment and contributing to the over 400 million USD trading volume.

Everyone can try trading on BaseFEX with 0.0001 BTC - less than 0.5 USD, and prove that you are lying, or too ignorant to use the most powerful tool to support your accusations.

About the Perpetual Contract Description

Because the designs of all crypto perpetual futures contracts in the world are the same, that's why. A lot of exchanges provide the same and most popular contract, BTCUSD (or XBT/USD), and it is not going to be easier for traders if every exchange describe their docs in a total different style. Honestly I feel humiliated explaining this.

Now we have BNB, HT, OKB (the 3 major platform tokens) perpetual contracts with the support of 20x leverage. These contracts are not available on BitMEX at all. Of course, BaseFEX does not have the other contracts on BitMEX, though we are launching more trading pairs very soon, aiming to provide more contract types to our traders.

About www.basefex.com Domain Name

We have Whoisguard.com to protect our domain information to enhance security.

About Yourself

How do you manage to achieve a -1024 trust? I also see a lot of accusations targeting you from various members across the boards. Here are a few examples:

I also see you in a lot of bounty threads trying to earn some money. I am sorry the recent bounty campaign of BaseFEX rejected your request to participate. I hope it is not the reason you make this post up.

Contact us:

Official Website: https://www.basefex.com
Telegram Group: https://t.me/BaseFEX_Trading

Or write us an Email if any trading related questions: support@basefex.com
MattBerglund

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 05:28:01 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2019, 07:04:19 PM by MattBerglund

Cyberpinoy,

If you do believe in common sense and reason, and have made the accusation under the drive of protecting the readers from scam, then the first reply should make you re-think your immature action, try to trade with 0.5 USD on our platform, or start talking to us.

You have done none above, but keep attacking without thinking, so I can only assume that you have a malicious motive for whatever reason. Considering your -1024 trust, I assume you have done things like this a lot.

Anyone reading this post, if you have doubts about BaseFEX, you are welcome to join our traders group on Telegram , and talk to the real traders and see what is going on, for real. We also encourage you to deposit 1 USD, and start trading perpetual contracts on BaseFEX, if you have not already learned about them. Any senior member of Bitcointalk, if you like to try trading, we will provide a $50 fund to you for free. The fund can only be used for margin trading, commission fee, or cut-loss, however - you are welcome to withdraw your profit earned with the fund.

Google does not know your company so how do we know your company?
Use your brain, instead of depending on a searching engine to make judgement for you. Base Investing Corporation is the name, not Base Investment Corporation. A BAT is not a Bat, a futures contract is not a future. Try not to make obvious mistakes like that again when making serious accusations.

The business certificate of BaseFEX is attached.

This is not a picture of Jesse Wu but it is a picture of Wu Zhe
Jesse is the English name of Wu Zhe. Wu is the family name. SAME PERSON. You are just cute.

If you are a registered company, as you said, this information should be known to everyone you are now saying that this information is not your site information?  Grin to enhance security from who? This is a conviction that you fear the police to arrest you
From hackers and attackers using whois lookup. Google it.

Do not mislead people, if you are honest you will show it through the exchange of 5 Cent now
Do you mean if I can post a screenshot or a video of actual trading, you will finally be honest with us, and admit your accusations are based on nonsense?

and in the long term, when an investor puts $ 2,000, you will definitely close his account.
I don't know where you get that information - have you received, or even heard ANY report about that at all, ANY evidence, ANY accusation, ANYTHING AT ALL? Why are you making these accusations by guessing? Are you trying to sabotage our reputation in a vicious way? Because that is what you are doing right now.

It is written that your site is from Panama in a site, and now you write your company from the Republic of Seychelles
Do you even realize that domain info. is protected? We are a registered company in Seychelles, indeed. Many companies register in Seychelles, what is your point?

When i post this topic in your group you have banned me
Simply because we have every right, and every reason to ban you for sabotaging our reputation in our own group.

Four hours later, From the creation of this topic the manager of the BaseFEX bounty ended the bounty and closed the topic
Because it is planned to be ended at the time. Is that even relevant?? What is the point to end the bounty because of you? Please do let me know.

How do you manage to achieve a -1024 trust?

Why are you trying to mislead people? I put all the proofs that condemns you and everyone knows that this trusts is not my fault.

Your trust is -1024, that is a fact, and I leave that to the good judgement of our audience.

asche
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1489

I forgot more than you will ever know.

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 08:34:19 PM

For now there is nothing to fishy here.

You should try to confirm the business certificate Cyberpinoy.

If it is not registered, this might back your claims. Until now nothing else does.

Ok the copy pasting of the bitmex FAQ is a bit lazy, but this is hardly proof of scam.

Since Cyberpinoy brought this to my attention I also applied to the opportunity to try out your service with a 50$ funding. If I am accepted I will try to see if anything confirms the doubts expressed by OP.
MattBerglund

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 04:02:48 AM
Last edit: April 08, 2019, 03:08:31 AM by MattBerglund

For now there is nothing to fishy here.

You should try to confirm the business certificate Cyberpinoy.

If it is not registered, this might back your claims. Until now nothing else does.

Ok the copy pasting of the bitmex FAQ is a bit lazy, but this is hardly proof of scam.

Since Cyberpinoy brought this to my attention I also applied to the opportunity to try out your service with a 50$ funding. If I am accepted I will try to see if anything confirms the doubts expressed by OP.

Thanks asche for speaking fairly, and you are always welcome to try us out! Here is the Recruitment of 100 Angel Users Post.

Please PM me on telegram: https://t.me/MatteoBerglund, or on Bitcointalk to get started, don't forget to let me know:

• your registered email on BaseFEX
  • the deposit wallet address on BasefeX

These two information should verify each other to make sure we are sending the fund to the right user.

www.basefex.com, the registration should only take you 30 seconds, and allow you to stay anonymous.
MattBerglund

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 09:42:17 AM

For the record, several Bitcointalk users have received a $50 fund from BaseFEX and start actual trading. We invite more traders to try us out.

Original post of Recruitment of Angel Users:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5121802.0

Cyberpinoy, you are still welcome to apply for the $50 fund and start trying us out, because you are a senior member (though we have wrapped the event up but we can make an exception for you). Several other members have. You don't lose anything just by registering with an email on BaseFEX. That should ease your concern about us, and I do hope you can speak fairly after actually trading on BaseFEX.

Send me a PM if you like to dig to the bottom.
smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 11:32:50 AM

The only question here is the different image but so far the dev of the project defended the project well, but posting a video by the dev or a webinar is the easiest way to confirm if the picture on the site is the real guy and about cyberpinoy, the trust has nothing to do, if he has proof that the site is indeed a scam site, we should encourage people to post questionable projects.
MattBerglund

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 03:00:58 AM

The only question here is the different image but so far the dev of the project defended the project well, but posting a video by the dev or a webinar is the easiest way to confirm if the picture on the site is the real guy and about cyberpinoy, the trust has nothing to do, if he has proof that the site is indeed a scam site, we should encourage people to post questionable projects.

I think you are defending the project as a part of that project or a person that was purchased by 50$ You can't talk without giving us proof where is this video? Also, what is the validity of this certificate, which was created by the project https://imgur.com/UOe8IYZ

Why don't you just register and start trading? I have offered the fund to you several times, you have nothing to lose, yet you have done nothing. Do you need me to provide an account with the money ready? Seriously?
asche
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 07:00:55 AM

To be honest, so far the trading works out ok.

I haven't figured out how the limit function works when closing positions tho.

But overall using the trading engine is pretty simple and smooth.
MattBerglund

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 10:25:20 AM

To be honest, so far the trading works out ok.

I haven't figured out how the limit function works when closing positions tho.

But overall using the trading engine is pretty simple and smooth.

Thanks asche for speaking up.

In short, a limit order will be added to the market book and await a taker to fill it. It has a big chance not getting filled, but charges 0 commission fees on BaseFEX. It is like you open a store to sell things, but only get a deal when a customer comes to your store. Until a deal is made, the order remains there.

A market order is like a customer who wants to get a deal in someone else's store - he takes things away.
bertyar88

Activity: 7
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 02, 2019, 11:04:42 AM

and in the end they blocked my acc with 3 btc https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5160738
asche
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2019, 12:33:58 PM

and in the end they blocked my acc with 3 btc https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5160738

Be advised there seems to be a well documented scam case against baseFEX. There has been no answer from the team as of now.
RandolfZ

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 07, 2019, 08:33:46 PM
Last edit: August 07, 2019, 08:48:21 PM by RandolfZ

Hi All,

I am the dude whom the bertyar88 accused of being a 'scam' and 'exposed' my LinkedIn account. To be frank I don't feel too good about it because we chose not to disclose the bertyar88's real name when we know it. We wanted to maintain the minimum respect for his privacy despite our unhappy past. But sadly, our friendly intention has not yet been well received.

For anyone who has any concern regarding BaseFEX's legitimacy, I can invite you to try BaseFEX risk-free.

As for the described 'scam accusation', please see our official statement below.
(Link to our official announcement: https://blog.basefex.com/uncategorized/a-statement-on-malicious-activities/)

On July 1st, 2019, suspicious activities concerning two BaseFEX accounts were detected and had consequently triggered security alerts. Automatic ban was initiated as a temporary measure to prevent such suspicious activities from harming the greater BaseFEX trading community.

Right after that, there had been some unusual surge of new accounts joining our Telegram group. Untrue claims were made by them. As they refuse to provide their BaseFEX IDs, we were not able to verify if they belong to real BaseFEX traders. To keep this group useful for real BaseFEX traders, we had to remove these accounts from the Telegram group.

These Telegram accounts also have made threats and personal offenses towards our employees and our employees had to block these accounts in private chat.

We also have received complaints from our Twitter followers concerning similar harassments.

After a two day investigation, our engineering team has concluded on the nature of this incident. It is detected that these two accounts had been engaging in long-time and extremely high-volume server attacks that had have a substantial impact on BaseFEX servers’ network conditions. As a result, the rest of BaseFEX traders’ ability to place order was severely undermined. This has generated considerable amount of unfair, if not illegal, earnings for these two accounts, at the expense of other BaseFEX traders. Among which, 11.7 BTC has already been withdrawn.

Malicious activities that benefit themselves at the expense of other traders, such as server attacks, are not only against the very spirit of our community, but also in direct violation of our Terms of Service item 1.2 (a) (b) (d) (e) :
1.2: When accessing and using the Service, You must:
a) not attempt to undermine the security or integrity of BaseFEX’s computing systems or networks or, where the Services are hosted by a third party, that third party’s computing systems and networks;
b) not use, or misuse, the Services in any way which may impair the functionality of the Services or Website, or other systems used to deliver the Services or impair the ability of any other user to use the Services or Website;
d) not transmit or input into the Website any files that may damage any other person’s computing devices or software; content that may be offensive; or material or Data in violation of any law (including Data or other material protected by copyright or trade secrets which you do not have the right to use);
e) not attempt to modify, copy, adapt, reproduce, disassemble, decompile or reverse engineer any computer programs used to deliver the Services or to operate the Website except as is strictly necessary to use either of them for normal operation.

Thus, we have zero tolerance for such activities. After careful consideration, it is decided that we will permanently discontinue our service with these two accounts and the person(s) who possess them.

BaseFEX reserves the right to press criminal charges against the person(s) responsible for the aforementioned malicious activities and slanders. We also reserve the right to pursue other legal actions including civil litigations, in order to recover BTC losses for our entire trader community.

BaseFEX will always strive to fight against all forms of malicious, prohibited activities to ensure fast order placement for legitimate traders.
RandolfZ

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 08, 2019, 07:52:30 AM
Last edit: August 08, 2019, 01:34:22 PM by RandolfZ

And as a response to the 'Anonymous Team' accusation, this is a picture of us, working.
https://ibb.co/x6mDL38

I have to blur their faces. Crypto is a very privacy-sensitive industry. Thus promoting with the employees' faces without their personal permission is against my work ethics, and against some principles that we live up to here at BaseFEX.
If anyone here still have concerns over our legitimacy, you can:
1. if you are in Beijing and will ever come to Beijing, we can grab a cup of coffee together. Just DM me or get in touch with me here Randolf at basefex dot com.
2. You can try BaseFEX risk-free if you are familiar with crypto futures trading. https://twitter.com/BaseFEX/status/1155876354518159360
RodneyKings

Activity: 213
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 09, 2019, 12:17:48 AM

I happen to have the opportunity to take basefex’s $20 bonus. So far it looks good. The depth isn’t as good as bitmex, but acceptable. I was able to withdraw the little profits I made from it. I currently plan to deposit a bit and open some larger positions.

As for the accusation, I want to stick to the facts.

1. Clearly something happened between basefex and bertyar88. It did not end well. Some FUD occurred on twitter and some ‘influencers’ claim it’s basefex’s fault.

2. Correct me if I am wrong but it seems among the ones who traded there, bertyar88 is the only one making scam accusation. All these influencers who seconded the accusation don’t look like familiar with bitcoin futures trading at all - my apology if someone finds this offensive.

3. Both sides are capable of faking evidence. Telegram chat screenshots, withdraw history, and email records can all be easily forged these days with screenshot generation tools like this https://fakedetail.com. You don’t even need Photoshop.

4. Only basefex team and bertyar88 themselves know what actually happened. And both sides have the incentive to fabricate alternative narrative so they look like the good guy.

5. Basefex's trading interface is unique and tailor-made. Definitely not some quick imitation.

Scam is common in the world of crypto, as is extortion. I personally don't actually care whose fault it is. All I know is that basefex seems to be a legitimate alternative to bitmex so far in my own experience.
Just my 2 cents.
BaseFEX
Copper Member

Activity: 45

View Profile
August 12, 2019, 07:18:22 AM

I happen to have the opportunity to take basefex’s $20 bonus. So far it looks good. The depth isn’t as good as bitmex, but acceptable. I was able to withdraw the little profits I made from it. I currently plan to deposit a bit and open some larger positions.

As for the accusation, I want to stick to the facts.

1. Clearly something happened between basefex and bertyar88. It did not end well. Some FUD occurred on twitter and some ‘influencers’ claim it’s basefex’s fault.

2. Correct me if I am wrong but it seems among the ones who traded there, bertyar88 is the only one making scam accusation. All these influencers who seconded the accusation don’t look like familiar with bitcoin futures trading at all - my apology if someone finds this offensive.

3. Both sides are capable of faking evidence. Telegram chat screenshots, withdraw history, and email records can all be easily forged these days with screenshot generation tools like this https://fakedetail.com. You don’t even need Photoshop.

4. Only basefex team and bertyar88 themselves know what actually happened. And both sides have the incentive to fabricate alternative narrative so they look like the good guy.

5. Basefex's trading interface is unique and tailor-made. Definitely not some quick imitation.

Scam is common in the world of crypto, as is extortion. I personally don't actually care whose fault it is. All I know is that basefex seems to be a legitimate alternative to bitmex so far in my own experience.
Just my 2 cents.
Hi RodneyKings,

Thank you for your interest.
We are working towards better depth and liquidity. And yes, we do argue we have the best trading interface in the industry Smiley
Also feel free to let me know if there is anything I can do to help!
bertyar88

Activity: 7
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 19, 2019, 12:40:01 PM

what are u talking about? what faking evidences? basefex didnt argue with all these screenshots about telegram and email, they agree with facts. that they didnt pay me 3 btc, so why would u even consider that this info is fake?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: