Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:28:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Monitoring cypto movements larger than USD/EUR 1000  (Read 259 times)
Genemind

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 10:29:54 PM

Too low I think. They should try to make it higher than 1000.
I'm not sure if they are trying to be manipulative on this part but I could see the positive advantage of it.
They're requiring KYC for the security and safety of every transaction.
However, if every crypto transactions would be tracked I guess there would be lapses on crypto traders and investors part.
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
akeegan

Activity: 236
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 07:05:34 AM

Not especially keen on this idea because it leads onto other developments which can end in presumptive justice and confiscation by overly powerful authorities.    The 10k limit or reporting rule in USA for example then expands into a law where people are accused of avoiding it if seen to be transferring 9000 in multiple amounts for example.   People can and have been arrested and lost their cash take from a retail business just for the idea they might be drug dealers where all they did was sell retail products to customers mostly using cash.   A victim of their own success they become suspects alongside criminals.

Its bad enough we have miscarriages of justice for actual crimes, to then introduce the possibility of thought crimes or presuming negatives for moving value whether its 900 or 1100 is quickly a disaster.     This whole  concept seeping into crypto is negative, similarly kyc is used aggressively against individuals caught in the cross fire of red tape between corporations and regulators.
   Few rights are gifted to those now required to obey these arbitrary rules, though it seems harmless enough to begin with and even some positive it quickly becomes about big government and massive corporations crushing the people and small entities unable through size to fight back, trying to continue without becoming illegal or presumed criminal by simply existing and operating normally.   Its kinda sad how this dilemma continues, Im sure better solutions exist then more rules

What are your thoughts in regards to dealing with large exit scams or money laundering in general? Do we just ignore them and let it happen? What if we could avoid them in the first place
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 05:45:42 PM

This is not about if it should be monitored or not this is about anything more than 1000 and that number is just way too little.

If are afraid of the exit scams and/or money laundering that is less than 1000 euro/dollar per bank account than you are missing out the fact that most of those things happen in millions of dollars and even hundreds of millions of dollars and banks help them get that laundered as well for share of the prize (Deutsche bank for example) whereas small people who are not doing anything bad and get like 3-5 thousand in their bank account suddenly searched for money laundering, nobody really launders 5 thousand dollars, that is just way too small, people launder millions of dollars. That is why I think this would hurt regular people instead of stopping money launderers.
d1ceplayer

Activity: 686
Merit: 277

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 06:50:27 AM

I just came across these responses from CipherTrace in regards to FATF Regulation and found this point in particular quite interesting esp in regards to tracking the customer rather than just one address/wallet

Do you think this is fair?

https://ciphertrace.com/response-to-fatf-on-vasp-regulation/
I just wonder how that want to track my transaction on the blockchain, for the fact that they see the transaction on the blockchain doesn't mean that they can actually track those who owns that wallet and that way will not be able to tax anyone, the earlier this agencies knows that it is mission impossible to be able to totally control all of the transaction carried out on the blockchain, the better for them, the best they can do is regulate exchanges.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: