Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:45:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BEWARE OF IEO  (Read 1365 times)
akristofor

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 09:01:17 AM

IEO shows pretty good progress
Paytomat raised 100 BTC in 100 seconds during their IEO https://cmc.io/coins/paytomat
r_delossa

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 09:57:10 AM

ICOs are not dead, they are just transforming into a new form. In my opinion, IEOs won't be such a big trend within the next several years. They are in trend, because from 35k people, only 1k can take part. As soon as they will fund a mechanism where everybody would  be able to take part, they will turn to regular ICOs.
nicecrypto

Activity: 1260
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2019, 10:29:55 AM

The most dangerous thing in life is not to be able to see ahead of time,if you can't see ahead of time,you will always be cut up in the mist.So many are tired of ICO,as a matter of fact, ICO is almost dead,then came IEO presenting itself as a saviour of those investors that have suffered as a result of ICO,looking so tempting because some big exchange are backing it up,but i tell you,it can be more dangerous than ICO if you are not smart enough,atleast in the case of ICO,if price dump,it will dump on everyone,meaning there were some level of transparency,but for IEO especially with the big exchanges,the only thing we get to hear is that,it was sold out in seconds thereby creating an atmosphere that will make everyone to be looking forward to buy the moment it hit exchange,and the selected set of whales (hmmmm),who are already holding on to the coins are also ready to dump on people at a ridiculous price at exchange,after dumping it on people,then come a dump in price because the coin itself does not worth the price in the first instance,but because so much hype has been created in order to enrich themselves.I hope someone will wake up and not be cut up in the pool of loss.
   My candid advice,if you can't get it at IEO,don't be fool to buy at a ridiculous price the moment is listed. The rich are getting richer,don't be trapped.All the best.

agree with you.. many people think that IEO may be more "safe" because it is backed by an exchange.. but i doubt that exchange will assume any responsability in case team fails or make an exit scam.. PLus all manipulation commented by OP, i woudl recommend to stay away. The best alternative to ICO , will be an STO. more regulation, safer environment!

I also agree with both the above post, it is very important to take note of the above mentioned, i know all the exchanges involve in conducting IEO's have their disclaimer, so there is no chance the exchanges will assume any responsibility when the team failed or project encounter any Exit Scam,
i will carefully watch any ieo am interested in to see how it will perform after listing on exchange for several days or weeks before putting any money because as mentioned above there is every tendencies that there will be a dump after the hype has died down.  
SwiggHeart

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 10:32:23 AM

Most of the people said that ICO is dead. But, they are absolutely wrong about it. Days by days, project keeps creating more ICO and ICOs but most of them are keeps fail lol.
omone1

Activity: 843
Merit: 52

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 10:41:41 AM

No doubt some IEO are living up to expectations, some IEO are just shity projects. Bittrex an exchange held in high esteem once cancelled their very first IEO sighting integrity protection been a priority. Just imaging if such IEO was in an exchange that careless about reputation, investors would have been burnt in the long run. Carrying out one diligent research about any project regardless of the exchange conducting the IEO is part of investment wisdom.   
smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 10:56:09 AM

There's really so much hype in IEO that people trust this kind of crowdfunding because the majority of investors likes quick profit, there is no such thing as a perfect investment or safe investment, there will always a risk, I hope people will not find it late, just like they do lately in ICO.
jan.nicolas

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 05:13:30 PM

I also think that IEO is a threat to us and our community. Today we have IEO, but this is not at all like decentralization and not like what we are really fighting for. I think this is all really awful.
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 06:01:38 AM

The most dangerous thing in life is not to be able to see ahead of time,if you can't see ahead of time,you will always be cut up in the mist.So many are tired of ICO,as a matter of fact, ICO is almost dead,then came IEO presenting itself as a saviour of those investors that have suffered as a result of ICO,looking so tempting because some big exchange are backing it up,but i tell you,it can be more dangerous than ICO if you are not smart enough,atleast in the case of ICO,if price dump,it will dump on everyone,meaning there were some level of transparency,but for IEO especially with the big exchanges,the only thing we get to hear is that,it was sold out in seconds thereby creating an atmosphere that will make everyone to be looking forward to buy the moment it hit exchange,and the selected set of whales (hmmmm),who are already holding on to the coins are also ready to dump on people at a ridiculous price at exchange,after dumping it on people,then come a dump in price because the coin itself does not worth the price in the first instance,but because so much hype has been created in order to enrich themselves.I hope someone will wake up and not be cut up in the pool of loss.
   My candid advice,if you can't get it at IEO,don't be fool to buy at a ridiculous price the moment is listed. The rich are getting richer,don't be trapped.All the best.

agree with you.. many people think that IEO may be more "safe" because it is backed by an exchange.. but i doubt that exchange will assume any responsability in case team fails or make an exit scam.. PLus all manipulation commented by OP, i woudl recommend to stay away. The best alternative to ICO , will be an STO. more regulation, safer environment!
I also think that there are several big scandals with fraudulent IEOs ahead of us that will involve major exchanges and IEO will die just like ICO.
In my opinion, in this situation it is not necessary to reinvent the wheel. We just need government regulation of ICO. Then the fraudsters will leave forever from this market.
KryptoKai

Activity: 630

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 06:55:16 AM

With the IEO the price manipulation is done by traders known to the exchange. They take your money as you buy high and get trapped. In ICO a scammer takes your money and runs. Either way, you lost your coins

Chika08

Activity: 544

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 07:08:30 AM

I have come to notice that initial exchange offering IEO has a lot of discrepancies associated with it. You are right and I agree with your advice and warnings. My only worries is that slot of people will fail to heed to the advice.
joinfree

Activity: 1246
Merit: 260

1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 08:02:23 AM

When i saw the hype of IEOs being spread through this community i knew this was a dangerous thread to walk on as a crypto investor. Most of the IEOs that have been conducted don't have any potential use case but the usual pump and dump scenario. I would rather invest in a project that has a working product that these recent IEOs that are being run in the forum.

Crypto Enthusiast supporting innovative ideas for the Liberalization of the world from the Centralized Institutions.
andor.gellenhidi

Activity: 602

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 08:07:41 AM

During this short time of this process, I have not yet drawn conclusions that would help me figure out how to be and why I should be afraid of IEO, if today you can start this process to raise money successfully.
D1jay
Copper Member

Activity: 294
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 08:16:19 AM

When i saw the hype of IEOs being spread through this community i knew this was a dangerous thread to walk on as a crypto investor. Most of the IEOs that have been conducted don't have any potential use case but the usual pump and dump scenario. I would rather invest in a project that has a working product that these recent IEOs that are being run in the forum.

Same thing applies to 90% of ico's that have been conducted overtime, most of this project don't have any potential use case but same pump and dump process, this is the same thing that is happening in ico's as applied to IEO, but good thing about IEO for now is that there is a bit level of security compare to scammy ico's flying around, and am surprise at your yard stick to measure IEO that is very recent over ico's which have been around for a quite a long time now with majority have no potentials.

elitemobb

Activity: 579
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 08:34:38 AM

Of course, I do not argue that there is now a big stir around ieo, but now almost all the exchanges take on different projects and not all of them end up well directly for investors, therefore I advise you to study the project before investing.
Coltpython

Activity: 700
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2019, 08:36:41 AM

IEOs are better than ICOs at least because there is documentation and verification done by the team that wants to list their token for an exchange sale. If they dump or scam, they put themselves at risk of being caught since their information is held by the exchange and they can submit this to financial authorities for prosecution.

But for people to be safe, I'd advise that they invest in projects that have at least started operating to an extent and not just jump at any project that claims to want to do an IEO simply because they see it as a fast funds raising scheme. Stay safe.

Akoldi_ibk

Activity: 1050

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 12:34:11 PM

There is no need to castigate IEO for the hype it has created. IEO is the new ICO. We need a new approach that will bring in as many as possible investors into the market and IEO is doing just that so far. All I could see is a similar thread with ICO in 2017, where there was so much bubble around it and everyone was carried away with the hype. I see the same thing happening with IEO and I feel while everything is still rosy, just jump in and enjoy the ride with the tide, but know when to jump out when the bubble is going down.

───[  KUWA  ]───
─────────────[  Securely Connect Smart Contracts with Real-World Data and APIs ]─────────────
───[  KUWA.ai  ]───
Kingairdrop

Activity: 552

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 05:58:58 AM

The essences of investimg is to make profit, in as much as you werent able to buy during the IEO doesnt mean you can not read your candle sticks and buy after listing... the most important factor to note is not buying the moon but buy to make profit. I see no reason why IEO will not stay longer than ICO

✣ ▌ ✣ ▌ ✣ ▌ ✣ Seasonal Tokens ✣ ▌✣ ▌ ✣ ▌ ✣
█ ✣ ▌PROTECT YOUR FUNDS AND GROW YOUR WEALTH OVER TIME ▌✣ █
www.seasonaltokens.org
futile-resistance

Activity: 840
Merit: 516

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 12:10:16 PM

With the IEO the price manipulation is done by traders known to the exchange. They take your money as you buy high and get trapped. In ICO a scammer takes your money and runs. Either way, you lost your coins
I am not satisfied with your statement. This is too ambiguous because so far, what I have read about IEO has been in favor of IEO and only few limitations. How can an exchange double-cross you? IEO projects have to pass a very vetted and strict assessment before the IEO gets conducted on the exchanges. And keep in mind that exchanges like Binance would never loot her users to loose the prestige made since long. IEO is safe for investors.

the most important factor to note is not buying the moon but buy to make profit. I see no reason why IEO will not stay longer than ICO
But, IEO is basically different from ICO in terms of credibility. There will be no need of reading candle stick to decide your trades, you may simply believe into the exchanges to finalize your trades. IEO will stay longer or not is purely dependent on how honest those exchanges will be.
Adamblock

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 12:19:10 PM

IEO is a unique way of getting a great project to the community! The advantage is that most of the Launchpad has already conducted the KYC procedure, therefore there are no other "obstacles" for the investor. It also creates a better overview and insight in the type of different projects and their purposes.
Callanta787

Activity: 546
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2019, 12:22:59 PM

Thanks for the advice but theoretically its all the same fate with ICO ,just because IEO sold out in Seconds to minutes that doesn't mean that investors will start to invest in any projects launching IEO through binance or other popular exchanges ,research is still needed to avoid lose in the future ,my advice is don't be fooled by popular exchanges but believe in your research on the projects before investing

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: