Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:14:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] WORM v2.8  (Read 10937 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (8 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2019, 05:37:37 PM
Last edit: September 14, 2019, 11:22:39 PM by mprep

IGotSpots.
Can you check pm?
I have replied to your pm with an address for new wallet.
Thanks.

Sent. Sorry for the delay, I must have missed it. I've been going through a ton of messages

We are under 30 blocks away from Block 20k.. cross your fingers that everything doesn't break!

Should fix any syncing issues people were experiencing, as well. Rewards will also change slightly

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gregofdoom2

Activity: 140
Merit: 7

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 08:27:40 PM

And we are in a block of 20,000.
I hope everything will go smoothly and there will be no problems.
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2019, 08:29:00 PM
Last edit: September 14, 2019, 11:22:50 PM by mprep

And we are in a block of 20,000.
I hope everything will go smoothly and there will be no problems.

20001 right now. Looking good!

Please report any issues with syncing, staking, etc. if anyone sees anything strange

Thanks

Rewards dropped a bit more than expected. Gonna let it run for a little while and see what we come up with (reducing inflation is never a bad thing, but we don't want it TOO low)

I think I might need to adjust a decimal place, this might be way too low

I would rather err on the side of rewards being too low than too high. We can always increase them but we cant make coins disappear. I'll let it run for a few hours and see where we're at. These are easily adjusted dials, so as long as this fixes syncing issues, we are on the right path!

I want sure how using fees as part of the calculation would turn out, but I am more concerned with the syncing right now. Reward amount can be adjusted a lot easier than syncing issues can be

Basically.. let's let this run for a bit and make sure syncing is fixed, then we can worry about reward amounts. Sound good everyone?

gregofdoom2

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 08:36:58 PM

Rewards dropped a bit more than expected. Gonna let it run for a little while and see what we come up with (reducing inflation is never a bad thing, but we don't want it TOO low)

I think I might need to adjust a decimal place, this might be way too low lol

Indeed, a little bit of this reward  0.00013203 WORM

Wink
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2019, 08:39:33 PM
Last edit: September 14, 2019, 11:23:06 PM by mprep

I think I might need to adjust a decimal place, this might be way too low lol

Indeed, a little bit of this reward  0.00013203 WORM

Wink

Yea, but it's better to have them way too low than way too high, right?  Wink

I wanna let it run to make sure I've solved the syncing problems first. Changing reward amount is easy

Unless you guys like it this low, but that's another conversation /vote we can all have this weekend

Fee amounts are used in the new formula, so there is a chance once people move coins a lot more of there being much larger blocks (theres still a cap so it wont stake for like 12m or anything like that)

We also use actual block number in the formula, too, so it will naturally go up with time, as well

Let me put it this way.. In an ideal situation, what would you guys like the AVERAGE stake amount to be?

Keep in mind:
- Coin age is not included in the reward amount
- It's pretty easy to stake
- Blocks are generally pretty fast

So.. what would you guys like to see the AVERAGE stake reward amount be?

Is everyone staying synced now after Block 20k? If your node gets knocked out of sync, PLEASE post and let me know. This is the main thing I am testing and monitoring right now

I am building new wallets (v2.2) for Windows right now; this will be a mandatory update before block 22k

When I am finished compiling binaries for Windows I'll update the repo after I make sure there are no build errors

New links for Windows wallet and source - WORM Version 2.2

Windows: https://mega.nz/#!eEhn2AZB!-Qi4JD8pTm1PcLMg4GM7IPpxS-fryiR_FgsPfV2wl0M

Source Code: https://github.com/MealwormsBiz/WORM

MANDATORY UPDATE BEFORE BLOCK 22000
Please make sure it shows v2.2 after you load new wallet to verify and ensure you are running the proper version

Previous version fixed issues where some wallets would get knocked out of sync but it dropped rewards a bit too much. Version 2.2 raises them back up, but will also enforce a hard-cap of 8.0 WORM per block. This raises the minimum amount of stake reward from initial launch while lowering the maximum amount per block

New wallet.dats will now sync much faster and old wallet.dats will now stay synced indefinitely without requiring a restart. Minimum stake reward is increased, while maximum stake reward is decreased

greenhope

Activity: 446
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 03:47:20 AM

IGotSpots.
Can you check pm?
Thanks.

Sent. Sorry for the delay, I must have missed it. I've been going through a ton of messages
Got it and it started staking.
Thanks.
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2019, 04:16:10 AM

IGotSpots.
Can you check pm?
Thanks.

Got it and it started staking.
Thanks.

No problem. You are on v2.2, right?

bspus
Legendary

Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 04:35:50 AM

Why not just make it easy and have a constant stake reward of whatever the target average would be?
I would vote for a 1 coin reward per block

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2019, 04:57:55 AM
Last edit: September 14, 2019, 11:23:39 PM by mprep

I already have the new formula for stake rewards in there. It will kick in at Block 22000 (about 1500 blocks from now, so more than likely it will be live tomorrow or the day after at the latest)

Why not just make it easy and have a constant stake reward of whatever the target average would be?
I would vote for a 1 coin reward per block

Scalability

Are all of your wallets staying synced now that we are past Block 20k? I'm going to assume yes since nobody has posted anything saying otherwise..

spitz0rz

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 07:57:09 AM

Sync and stay synched perfectly but block reward so small ATM
reward were a lot better before that new wallet
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2019, 08:30:32 AM
Last edit: June 22, 2019, 08:45:08 AM by iGotSpots

Sync and stay synched perfectly but block reward so small ATM
reward were a lot better before that new wallet

Not for long. Check either the OP of this thread or the post where you downloaded this version of the wallet from..

Thanks for the report about syncing, that was the important part of the old wallet

leslie4u

Activity: 868
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 10:01:05 AM

Just updated to Wormcore version v2.2.0.0-07aaa36b and the wallet works flawlessly. For people still on old Worm coin, please hurry up and contact the dev to swap your coins.
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2019, 11:53:50 AM

Just updated to Wormcore version v2.2.0.0-07aaa36b and the wallet works flawlessly. For people still on old Worm coin, please hurry up and contact the dev to swap your coins.

Excellent, thanks for the report!

CETroll

Activity: 9
Merit: 8

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 12:44:46 PM

i am ver 2.2 and stake no problems stay sync many peers thanx
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2019, 01:34:07 PM
Last edit: September 14, 2019, 11:23:56 PM by mprep

I am still waiting on CoinExchange to swap their coins, so if you still have either NEON or OLD WORM there, you're going to have to ask them for a date

To any individual users outside of an exchange, I am going to leave the swap window open until the end of June, but the swap ratio will start going down now, daily; there has been more than enough time and warnings. If you still haven't swapped your coins it means you haven't been paying attention for several months and obviously don't give a fuck about me or the coins. I am doing those of you a favor by not just cutting you off completely, so you have no one to blame but yourself. However, if anyone tries to swap after the end of June, the answer will be a firm and immediate 'no'

To those that have already swapped.. thanks for giving a shit!

Redid the OP a little bit. Still looks simple, but I'll update it more as we go along..

MANDATORY UPDATE BEFORE BLOCK 22000
Please make sure it shows v2.2 after you load new wallet to verify and ensure you are running the proper version. Previous version fixed issues where some wallets would get knocked out of sync but it dropped rewards a bit too much. Version 2.2 raises them back up, but will also enforce a hard-cap of 8.0 WORM per block. This raises the minimum amount of stake reward from initial launch while lowering the maximum amount per block. New wallet.dats will now sync much faster and older wallet.dats will now stay synced indefinitely without requiring a restart. Minimum stake reward is increased, while maximum stake reward is decreased

PLEASE NOTE: Masternodes and Smart Contracts are in there, but are not yet activated. At the moment, this will be a purely staking coin and rewards will be between about 0.24 and a hard-coded maximum of 8.0 WORM per block

Good evening. First of all, sorry for the delays with WORM; my grandma died last Saturday and we were very, very close, so I have been extremely busy with arrangements and all that shit, I'm sure you guys understand. If you are unfamiliar with the delays prior to that, check out The Wormhole #2, where I give details on how I am now the sole developer on this project because of a few flaky pieces of shit that needed removing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igLGnXbH8lY

With all that said, I am inviting you to join the new WORM Soft Launch with the intent on getting nodes up around the world prior to public posting. If you are interested in participating and ensuring you have massive amounts of connections (and terrific staking latency), please set up a node with the wallet below and reply with the IP running the node if you would like to be included as a seed for new users

FRIENDLY REMINDER
If you still need to swap OLD WORM or NEON -> NEW WORM, I very highly suggest doing that as soon as possible

June 21st (read below after June 21st) will be the last day for manual swaps. I've been trying to get everyone to get their coins in for the past few months (and those that got in early got higher swap rates), so if June 21st comes and you still haven't swapped your WORM -> WORM, there is a possibility that you may be shit out of luck once the timeframe ends; there has been way more than enough time to get them in

SWAP UPDATE
I am still waiting on CoinExchange to swap their coins, so if you still have either NEON or OLD WORM there, you're going to have to ask them for a date

To any individual users outside of an exchange, I am going to leave the swap window open until the end of June, but the swap ratio will start going down now, daily; there has been more than enough time and warnings. If you still haven't swapped your coins it means you haven't been paying attention for several months and obviously don't give a fuck about me or the coins. I am doing those of you a favor by not just cutting you off completely, so you have no one to blame but yourself. However, if anyone tries to swap after the end of June, the answer will be a firm and immediate 'no'

SWAP INSTRUCTIONS
1) Send me a PM letting me know which coin you want to swap (OLD WORM or NEON)
2) Wait for Reply and I will give you an address to send OLD WORM or NEON to
3) Send WORM or NEON to that address
4) Send me a PM with your NEW WORM address

Once your new wallet is set up, please reply with your new WORM address and new coins will be sent out very shortly. Right now, the base swap rate will be around 0.004 for WORM and .00014 for NEON; massive squish, and your rate will be increased based on the date of you getting your old coins in for swap

Thanks for your patience and continued interest in WORM!

bspus
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 04:00:39 AM

I still don't see the coin specs anywhere on the OP. It's the kind of info every new potential user will be looking for.
It should also include stuff like money supply and MN collateral (if it has been decided)

Maybe also include the binaries on github in /releases. It would look a bit more professional than a mega.nz link

puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2019, 04:43:28 AM

Downloaded and running the V2.2 Wallet

Anyhow, i was able to run pass block 20k even with old wallet
But in order to make sure everything went fine, i guess its better to update to the latest wallet

But the reward actually dropped tho
bspus
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 09:59:18 AM
Last edit: June 23, 2019, 10:21:33 AM by bspus

Downloaded and running the V2.2 Wallet

Anyhow, i was able to run pass block 20k even with old wallet
But in order to make sure everything went fine, i guess its better to update to the latest wallet

But the reward actually dropped tho

block 20k was the critical one for the previous wallet. the current one kicks in at 22k to fix the reward thing.

Apparently we already passed 22k. Still waiting for a stake to see if it's really fixed

gregofdoom2

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 03:21:19 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2019, 03:35:34 PM by gregofdoom2

Everything works well. I think the rewards are also the right size.
We need more nodes -> more open wallets.
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2019, 04:58:47 PM
Last edit: September 14, 2019, 11:24:15 PM by mprep

I still don't see the coin specs anywhere on the OP. It's the kind of info every new potential user will be looking for.
It should also include stuff like money supply and MN collateral (if it has been decided)

Maybe also include the binaries on github in /releases. It would look a bit more professional than a mega.nz link

I'm still working on the OP like I said yesterday. For now I'm just trying to get the relevant info in there. As far as specs, the only one that matters right now is block reward and that's in there, I will include more as it keeps improving, but right now getting everyone their new-chain coins > everything else

Everything works well. I think the rewards are also the right size.
We need more nodes -> more open wallets.

I agree, I think these rewards are perfect now  Smiley

Changed links

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: