Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:27:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's the goal of local section  (Read 369 times)
DTalk (OP)

Activity: 135
Merit: 126

I no longer own bitcoinbangladesh.info domain.

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 07:43:42 AM
Merited by Quickseller (1)

Couple of days ago, I wrote a review on a local exchange which was acused of scamming people.
I published the review here in a local forum- http://www.bitcoinbangladesh.info/showthread.php?tid=23

I posted the link to this review here in Bengali local board which has been deleted by thread creator.
Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

সব বাংলাদেশীদের উদ্দেশ্যে বলছি, যারা অনলাইন এক্সচেঞ্জ ব্যবহার করছেন তারা সাবধান।বেশিরভাগ সাইট স্ক্যাম।সম্প্রতি Paidexbd.com সাইট স্ক্যাম করছে একজনের টাকা।
Paidexbd.com exchange review পড়েন এইখানে- Paidexbd.com Scam | Paidexbd.com Review | রিভিউ

Translation of the sentences written here.
"To all Bangladeshi, be aware whoever using online exchange for converting BTC to BDT, most of the sites are scam. Recently Paidexbd.com has scammed someone's money. Read the review here- (link of the review)

Was this post spam by anyhow?
I posted in this thread- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=631891.0

কাউকে বিশ্বাস করার দরকার নাই ক্রিপ্টো জগতে, সবকিছু ভেরিফাই করতে পারবেন।

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Silent26

Activity: 602
Merit: 326

Politeness: 1227: - 0 / +1

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 07:49:15 AM

I think your post has been considered as spam that's why it's been deleted. Just look at that thread where you posted, it's already a spam Megathread.

404 Not Found
DTalk (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 07:56:25 AM

I think your post has been considered as spam that's why it's been deleted. Just look at that thread where you posted, it's already a spam Megathread.
How can a positive post be considered as spam? The thread is self-moderated. Is this the reason for which thread creator can do whatever they want?
The thread going to be a total trash because thread creator is deleting good post instead keeping them alive and deleting the spam.
No rule for this?

Silent26

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 08:04:22 AM

How can a positive post be considered as spam?
If it were not spam then your posts is probably "off topic" I've just translated the thread where you posted and I seem to agree that your post (containing content from the OP) is off topic.

The thread is self-moderated. Is this the reason for which thread creator can do whatever they want?
Actually yes the creator of the thread can do whatever they want like to delete post etc. but of course as long as it is inappropriate to the thread

The thread going to be a total trash because thread creator is deleting good post instead keeping them alive and deleting the spam.
No rule for this?
How can you assure that the one who deleted your post is the OP of that thread?

404 Not Found
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 08:13:09 AM

I posted the link to this review here in Bengali local board which has been deleted by thread creator.
Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

সব বাংলাদেশীদের উদ্দেশ্যে বলছি, যারা অনলাইন এক্সচেঞ্জ ব্যবহার করছেন তারা সাবধান।বেশিরভাগ সাইট স্ক্যাম।সম্প্রতি Paidexbd.com সাইট স্ক্যাম করছে একজনের টাকা।
Paidexbd.com exchange review পড়েন এইখানে- Paidexbd.com Scam | Paidexbd.com Review | রিভিউ

Translation of the sentences written here.
"To all Bangladeshi, be aware whoever using online exchange for converting BTC to BDT, most of the sites are scam. Recently Paidexbd.com has scammed someone's money. Read the review here- (link of the review)

Was this post spam by anyhow?
I posted in this thread- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=631891.0

First I like to tell you that your post is deleted by the forum moderator not by the thread creator. If the post is deleted by the thread creator then the message follow as below:

A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

So it means moderator found it off topic or it is  breaking some rule.

I am alive
DTalk (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 08:14:19 AM

How can a positive post be considered as spam?
If it were not spam then your posts is probably "off topic" I've just translated the thread where you posted and I seem to agree that your post (containing content from the OP) is off topic.

The thread is self-moderated. Is this the reason for which thread creator can do whatever they want?
Actually yes the creator of the thread can do whatever they want like to delete post etc. but of course as long as it is inappropriate to the thread

No rule for this?
How can you assure that the one who deleted your post is the OP of that thread?

1. The thread is for discussion about cryptocurrency in Bengali. Paidexbd offers BTC to BDT. Since, there's no seperate board for Bengali language, this thread is the place for discussion on cryptocurrency and all related to cryptocurrency. I don't get how you find my post off-topic but my post isn't off-topic by any how.
2. If the thread creator has the power of manipulation, why this thread has been sticky? Either there should a local section or that thread should be out of manipulation.
3. I can assure because thread creator said couple of times in that thread that he had deleted the spam.

So it means moderator found it off topic or it is  breaking some rule.
So, someone reported my post. I don't know how it works. There's no moderator who understand the Bengali language. Did moderator delete the post because someone reported? No further looking before deletion?

DTalk (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 08:19:32 AM

Your post was most likely deleted due to it being referral link spam.
No referral link was there. I posted a review and shared the link here with appropriate sentences to alert people. How can it be considered as referral link spam?

r1s2g3

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 08:22:10 AM

Sharp observation..

OP the link you posted in the thread has extra character as "&pid=67". You are not allowed to post any referral link.
Indeed your post is deleted by forum moderator for breaking rule number 4. No referral code (ref link) spam. [1]

I am alive
DTalk (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 08:24:25 AM

Sharp observation..

OP the link you posted in the thread has extra character as "&pid=67". You are not allowed to post any referral link.
Indeed your post is deleted by forum moderator for breaking rule number 4. No referral code (ref link) spam. [1]

Who said it's a referral link?
Check the url- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5128997.msg50494951#msg50494951
The part you referred is same as #msg50494951

Silent26

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 08:25:22 AM

So, someone reported my post. I don't know how it works. There's no moderator who understand the Bengali language. Did moderator delete the post because someone reported? No further looking before deletion?
Like what I told you, you can't tell that the creator is responsible for deleting your post. (I'm in a middle of searching that Bitcointalk Forum Message - thanks r1s2g3 for it. )

You're right there is no particular Moderator in Bengali but Cyrus is responsible for moderating that section. He/She might don't understand Bengali language but that is why Google Translator exist.

404 Not Found
DTalk (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 08:28:52 AM

Like what I told you, you can't tell that the creator is responsible for deleting your post. (I'm in a middle of searching that Bitcointalk Forum Message - thanks r1s2g3 for)

You're right there is no particular Moderator in Bengali but Cyrus is responsible for moderating that section. He/She might don't understand Bengali language but that os why Google Translator exist.
So, alerting people to avoid scam is considered as spam/offtopic?

By any how, my post was not-
1. Spam
2. Referral link
3. Off topic

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 08:29:21 AM

No referral link was there. I posted a review and shared the link here with appropriate sentences to alert people. How can it be considered as referral link spam?
The link you posted was:
Code:
http://www.bitcoinbangladesh.info/showthread.php?tid=23&pid=67
Is the "tid=23&pid=67" portion of the link not a referral link?

edit: per above, you say it is not. I don't know why your post was deleted. My apologies.
r1s2g3

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 08:30:59 AM

Sharp observation..

Who said it's a referral link?
Check the url- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5128997.msg50494951#msg50494951
The part you referred is same as #msg50494951

I am reaching the thread by using this  link http://www.bitcoinbangladesh.info/showthread.php?tid=23

But the post that is deleted is having extra  "&pid=67" on the end of the above link. So what this pid 67 represent then?
Simple it is user specific link .

I am alive
DTalk (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 08:31:47 AM

Is the "tid=23&pid=67" portion of the link not a referral link?

edit: per above, you say it is not. I don't know why your post was deleted.
It's not a referral link.

Here is the google translation of my post-
For all Bangladeshi nationals, those who are using online exchanges should be careful. Most of the site scams. Paidexbd.com Scam site is one of the money.

Silent26

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 08:39:36 AM

But the post that is deleted is having extra  "&pid=67" on the end of the above link. So what this pid 67 represent then?

Yeah, it must be a referral link as "pid" stands for "Persistent ID" which are used to refer a link.

404 Not Found
DTalk (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 08:44:44 AM

Yeah, it must be a referral link as "pid" stands for "Persistent ID" which are used to refer a link.
It's no referral link. You both are trying to force me believe this as referral link but it is not.

So what this pid 67 represent then?

Edit-
tid- topic id
pid- post id

work same as here.
topic and msg

In this thread-
topic=5128997
Post id= msg50494616#msg50494616

Silent26

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 08:53:02 AM

It's no referral link. You both are trying to force me believe this as referral link but it is not.

Edit-
tid- topic id
pid- post id

work same as here.
topic and msg

In this thread-
topic=5128997
If that's the case then why other topics in www.bitcoinbangladesh.info doesn't show "pid"? and why the link above posted by r1s2g3 can be accessed without the "pid"?

Now state your answer.

Oops my bad. Seems like OP is telling the truth about this "pid"  Cheesy

404 Not Found
DTalk (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 08:55:49 AM

Edit-
tid- topic id
pid- post id

work same as here.
topic and msg

In this thread-
topic=5128997
If that's the case then why other topics in www.bitcoinbangladesh.info doesn't show "pid"? and why the link above posted by r1s2g3 can be accessed without the "pid"?

Now state your answer.
There's two way of reaching this thread.
1. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5128997 - Which only includes the direct topic link.
2. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5128997.msg50494616#msg50494616 - Which includes both the topic and the post id.

Both will redirect you to my this thread.

Should I say "Now state your logic behind trying to force me believe this is a referral link."?
Sorry mate, I'm not here to defend anyone. I was looking for an appropriate answer and the reason behind the misunderstanding of deleting post.

r1s2g3

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 08:56:51 AM

Edit-
tid- topic id
pid- post id

work same as here.
topic and msg

In this thread-
topic=5128997

We do not know internals of other forum but Moderator also believed the same that we are thinking. But few things I will repeat.

1. Moderator deleted your thread not the OP.
2. Post it again using tid only, you will be fine.

Sorry bud, but it is not us that think it is referral. Many of user might thought the same . At least one who reported it and moderator who deleted it.

I am alive
DTalk (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 09:02:18 AM

Edit-
tid- topic id
pid- post id

work same as here.
topic and msg

In this thread-
topic=5128997

We do not know internals of other forum but Moderator also believed the same that we are thinking. But few things I will repeat.

1. Moderator deleted your thread not the OP.
2. Post it again using tid only, you will be fine.

Sorry bud, but it is not us that think it is referral. Many of user might thought the same . At least one who reported it and moderator who deleted it.
You may not know but I'm sure a forum moderator knows that it's not referral link.

1 question-
Who receive the report in a self moderated thread?
Thread creator or a moderator?

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: