Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:31:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Possible scenario when all Bitcoin is completely mined.  (Read 591 times)
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2533

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 07:43:12 AM
Last edit: April 12, 2019, 11:34:17 AM by NotFuzzyWarm

Considering I, my children, and possibly my children's children will be dead before the last BTC is mined, I for one find it pointless to be speculating about it...  Roll Eyes

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Noa_Amable

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 08:15:59 AM

Thanks to the frequent halvings we'll not be alive when this will gonna happen.

Nobody knows what will happen then, but we shouldn't care too much anyway:)

anyway we shouldn't care doesn't sound ok actually =) but that's the life
pushups44

Activity: 854
Merit: 281

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 11:55:34 AM

I've been thinking of some possible scenarios that will happen when all Bitcoin is completely mined and miners will be depending on transaction fees of Bitcoin. I think that the price of Bitcoin will start to soar at that time without any manipulations because the demand will start to get high because miners will surely not sell their mined Bitcoin's at a lower price. At that time the circulating supply and total supply of Bitcoin is completed and there will be no more Bitcoin's created or produced. In my own point of view, this is some kind of another bullish event if we reached this point of time(when all BTC are mined).

What do you think? Cheesy

Since this will be in 2140 or so, it will be a completely different world. Perhaps bitcoin will no longer be the top crypto by then, or perhaps it will be forked with actual consensus. The world will be far more advanced than today, so I assume the civilization will make a much more informed decision than our elites make today about such matters. I assume bitcoin will be forked or will be overtaken by then, but this is just speculation.
Micerker

Activity: 593

BBOD The Best Derivatives Exchange

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2019, 12:22:17 PM

I've been thinking of some possible scenarios that will happen when all Bitcoin is completely mined and miners will be depending on transaction fees of Bitcoin. I think that the price of Bitcoin will start to soar at that time without any manipulations because the demand will start to get high because miners will surely not sell their mined Bitcoin's at a lower price. At that time the circulating supply and total supply of Bitcoin is completed and there will be no more Bitcoin's created or produced. In my own point of view, this is some kind of another bullish event if we reached this point of time(when all BTC are mined).

I agree with the scenario you gave, and I believe this is the only scenario that can happen when Bitcoin reaches 21 million. When this happens, there will be investors who will start holding Bitcoin and buying, then the price of Bitcoin will increase as much as the experts had previously predicted.

bilal_jan321

Activity: 308
Merit: 21

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 12:47:01 PM

According to today's computing power, it is estimated that the last BTC will be mined in 2140. which is 121 years from now.
I too thought about this question many times. Let's leave that question for generation of 2140, just enjoy the reward of BTC through mining.

████████████████            1 x B i t . c o m         |         THE WORLD CUP ADVENTURE            ████████████████
[  7 BTC WELCOME BONUS  ] [      1 BTC PRIZE FUND      ]
████████████████            ██                           P L A Y   N O W                           ██            ████████████████
BitBustah

Activity: 1218
Merit: 534

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 01:01:01 PM

The 21 million limit may not actually happen if enough people decide it isn't the right way to go.  If we get network consensus the inflation rate can be changed.  I do remain skeptical that network fees will be enough incentive for miners to continue.
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2019, 01:21:04 PM

Considering I, my children, and possibly my children's children will be dead before the last BTC is mined, I for one find it pointless to be speculating about it...  Roll Eyes

Another thing is that it may be too far-fetched to think that Bitcoin may survive for that long. It has survived for 10 years.. and it may survive for another 10-15 years. But in due course of time, Bitcoin will be eventually replaced by a better technology. I don't think that Bitcoin will survive until 2140, when Bitcoin mining is supposed to stop.
Reppeps1417

Activity: 5
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 02:33:54 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2019, 02:47:54 PM by Reppeps1417

It's like asking if all resources are already used. Well in that scenario we try to sustain whats left.
Same case would be done if we reach a point where its possible that all the Bitcoin would be mined.

Changes in the Bitcoin protocols could be done  to limit the mining rate or maybe the limit cap could be extended under special conditions.
Take note that if the limit cap is extended the value of bitcoin will decrease.
Carrelmae10

Activity: 588
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 04:52:29 PM

..I think only two things can possibly happen,it is either Bitcoin will going to have its peak and stable price or it will going to have no value at all..no value in such a way that no one will not going to patronize Bitcoin anymore for it is already mined and everyone will starting to dump and sell their Bitcoin holdings..contrary to that,when Bitcoin were already mined and it come to time that it will reach its peak and stable price,mass adoptation of Bitcoin will follow which will result to Bitcoin's first digital crypto currency that is use in many online and offline transactions like buying candies in the store,paying bills,etc..

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Gravel Coin (GRV)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2019, 08:55:22 PM

In order for Bitcoin transaction fees to become lucrative enough to encourage mining, Bitcoin’s value is going to have to rise substantially. Luckily, certain traits are built right in to Bitcoin to ensure just that.

Every other fiat currency has an essentially unlimited supply, and governments love to increase their money supplies at will. The problem with increasing the money supply, however, is that the value of the individual currency unit, such as the dollar, decreases.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 09:20:04 AM

Let's say "let's cross the bridge when we get there". Very difficult to see what will happen, maybe the price will go to $1 million or go to 0. We even have difficulty predicting what's going to happen in the next year or so, what's more 10-20 years from now?
Of course that will happen, maybe the price will skyrocket very high. we know that when oil, gold, and other valuable things that have been mined will have a very high value and price, because it is increasingly scarce, not comparable to the existing demand
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 04:32:59 AM

In order for Bitcoin transaction fees to become lucrative enough to encourage mining, Bitcoin’s value is going to have to rise substantially. Luckily, certain traits are built right in to Bitcoin to ensure just that.

People were mining when Bitcoins were worth $1. A lucrative block reward is not necessary.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Malsetid

Activity: 924
Merit: 502

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 10:14:54 AM

People were mining when Bitcoins were worth $1. A lucrative block reward is not necessary.

Times change bro. I don't think there would be anyone who's willing to mine btc at sub 100 usd. If that's the case then miners would most likely shift to mining eth or other alts that definitely would be more profitable than mining bitcoin. Profit expectations were raised way up after 2017.

▄▄██████▄▄                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
        ▄██████████████▄           ▄▄███████████████▄
      ▄██████████████████▄       ▄████████████████████▄
     █████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄   ▄██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
   ███████▀        ▀█████▀ ▄███████████▀       ▀████████
  ▄█▄█████▀           ▀█▀ ▄███████████▀          ▀███████▌
▄█████▄███              ▄███████████▀             ███████▌
  ▀█▀█████▄           ▄███████████▀ ▄▄           ▄███████▌
   ███████▄        ▄███████████▀ ▄████▄        ▄████████
     █████████▄▄▄▄███████████▀  ▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████████
      ▀████████████████████▀     ▀████████████████████▀
       ▀███████████████▀▀         ▀████████████████▀
          ▀▀▀██████▀▀                ▀▀███████▀▀▀
.CryptoMania.            ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▐██████████▄▄██▌
▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄████████████████▄▄ ████████████  ▄█████████████▄▄
▐███████████▌  █████████▀█████████
 ██▀▀ ██████ ▄████████▌▀▀ ▄███████▌
     ██████▐█████████  ▄███████▀▀
    ▐█████████████████▄███████
    ████████████████████████
    ▐████████████████████████
   ▄███▄▐███  ▄█████▄███████▄███▄
  ▐██ ██▐███ ▐███ ███▌ ███ ▐██ ██
   ▀███▄▐███ ▐███ ███▌ ███  ▀███▄
   ██▄█▀▐█████▀█████▀  ███  ██▄█▀

.The Real Slots.........
.Experience on-chain.

$

$
Noa_Amable

Activity: 714

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 10:50:50 AM

well, you are correct about the point that it is not useful for us to speculate about it right now. though the question really matters. the answer for the question.
znation

Activity: 188
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 10:56:31 AM

Nothing can be foreseen about the value of the wallet that no one can know in advance. Think by the present and pray for the good for the future, Bitcoin will be of high value if many people are known and the use, otherwise it can go in the opposite direction.
sakokinak

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 03:59:02 AM

I just wanted to write something the same, but I did not wish to share sad thoughts with anybody here. As it has already happened, I will support you. People are egoists. They care about the current situation and about themselves only.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 04:13:25 AM

While it is true that the subsidy won't go to 0 for another 120 years, the effects of the halvings (if any) will show up much sooner.

• The subsidy will drop below 1 BTC per block in 14 years.
  • Miners will start earning fractions of the final bitcoin in about 80 years.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
qiudaoyu

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 04:21:16 AM

I think the end of mining is a problem in itself.
And when all are dug out, the price has nothing to do with the other.
Price is taken from the market
Independent of mode
CBANX Ltd.

Activity: 76

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2019, 09:33:42 AM

It might happen in dreams but not in reality  Wink If all Bitcoin get mined then miners will be completely dependent on the transaction fees and price drop very low or rise very high but all this is only kiddish imagination. Grin
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 10:06:54 AM

It might happen in dreams but not in reality  Wink If all Bitcoin get mined then miners will be completely dependent on the transaction fees and price drop very low or rise very high but all this is only kiddish imagination. Grin

What do you mean by that?

Did you really think that it will not happen that you can say that it will only happen or take place in a dream? No, it will happen, and no matter what you want to happen, it will still lead there. Bitcoin has a total supply and still millions are still not mined. But it is true that if that happens, miners will really depend on the transactions.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: