Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 06:20:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [OS] nvOC Community Release free-easy-to-use Linux Nvidia Mining  (Read 4105 times)
Bmoop

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 05:34:52 PM

Hi all,

I did install nvOC 19-3.2, Ubuntu 16.04, Cuda 9.2, Nvidia 418

setup the 1bash file

And if I starting the mining machine I get the message "miner not started, no auto start activ"

But auto start is set to "YES"
LuKePicci

Activity: 128
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 06:03:40 PM

Make sure about that, seems really a problem of values into 1bash, check you edited the right one
Bmoop

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 06:21:56 PM

I did only change...

line 201 to "ETH"
line 205 AUTO_START_MINER="YES"
line 254 GLOBAL_WORKERNAME="YES"
line 256 AUTO_WORKERNAME="CUSTOM"
line 258 CUSTOM_WORKERNAME="rig1"
line 344 _POWERLIMIT_WATTS=65
line 346 _CORE_OVERCLOCK=0
line 348 _MEMORY_OVERCLOCK=1300
line 371 MINER_TEMP_CONTROL="YES"
line 375 FAN_SPEED=70
line 379 TARGET_TEMP=65
line 383 SHUTDOWN_TEMP=90
line 772 ETHMINER_OPTS=""
line 773 ETHMINER_VERSION="latest" 
line 964 ETH_ADDRESS="0xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
line 965 ETH_OPTS=""
line 966 ETH_POOL="eth-eu1.nanopool.org"
line 967 ETH_PORT="9999"
line 968 ETH_WORKER="$WORKERNAME/xxxxxx@xxx.com"
line 969 ETH_POOL_PROTOCOL="stratum+tcp"

No indual Settings of the GPU, no dual-mode.

Thats all
LuKePicci

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 09:01:29 PM

And if I starting the mining machine I get the message "miner not started, no auto start activ"

I have some trouble understanding your problem since that message is nowhere in nvOC. I assumed you are referring to ""Auto Start Miner is set to NO...  Miner is not starting". If this is the case there is no AUTO_START_MINER="YES" into your 1bash. You may have edited 1bash from the wrong location. Run "bash ~/NVOC/mining/nvOC report" and post results.

If the error message is different then, please, report here the precise one.
fk2

Activity: 67
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 10:25:12 PM

We completely reworked a few very important things from 3.0 to 3.2, this means you are basically required to update your config from a fresh new 1bash template (you should have seen a warning about that during the upgrade if you used our managed script). Another aspect not to underestimate is that if you upgrade not so often it is very likely that also the miners you are currently used to implement something new to take care, and with lot of new things it's very difficult to troubleshoot the issues.
I am aware of qbash templates and redo all the infos when I update by filling out the template and save an old 1bash.bkp. this btw is awful to be honest: I have to redo all the infos every time I pass a specific qbash version, therefore I hate updating the rigs...

About the logs, those errors about no logs available are just the consequence of nvOC didn't start correctly, so there were still no logs to look at. The only log you should look at if nvOC fails to start its components is the master log, which is not available via nvOC cmdlet if you run nvOC into gnome-terminal - which is both your and default default. Your only option in such case is to access your rig via TeamViewer/vnc to see the gnome terminal window. Of course both ssh and TeamViewer gets automatically enable in such failure situations to prevent you get locked out.
so there is some logging I cant see without teamviewer? that sucks very hard because all our rigs run on a server farm and preferred access is with ssh Sad you need to get away from this desktop stuff, the power lies in terminal/ssh imho

I'm not sure what was the root cause of your issues where you said "I thought I might need another update and ran bash nvOC upgrade but it didn't update to 3.2". Did you save some outputs of the upgrade command? Then, what you attempted afterwards was likely not correct because the point upgrade is not so easy to handle manually via git commands - that's why the upgrade cmdlet exists. From your reports, I see you explicitly cloned 3.2-stable branch. This means your upgrade path won't jump to future point releases. I guess you were on 3.0-stable before. This is fine if you want to take control over the upgrade path and not getting major updates, but if you expected to get the new 3.2 release doing nvOC upgrade you should consider switching to "release" branch instead - which is the default one in firstboot settings.
didnt saved any outputs. I tried to update 3.0 stable and then the problems appeared. I cloned once without luck, deleted everything and recloned which worked. but ethminer still not starting with fresh 3.2 STABLE and when I cant even read the master log then I get a little upset why I even tried to update :p
WaveFront

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2019, 08:59:36 AM

Hello,

In the 3.2 version (installed from nvOC-3.2_Ubuntu-16.04_Cuda-9.2_Nvidia-418_2019-05-02-2.img), I have the feeling that there are bugs in the nvOC script. For example, when I run

Code:
/nvOC gpuinfo
I get the error:
Code:
column: Invalid or incomplete multibyte or wide character

Am I the only person to have this error?

Cheers
Luca
LuKePicci

View Profile
June 07, 2019, 11:20:38 AM
Last edit: June 07, 2019, 11:41:56 AM by LuKePicci

@WaveFront I need you help for debugging the gpuinfo cmdlet, go into nvOC script @ line 206, replace the whole line with only "echo -e $INFO" and post results. Since it is talking about multibyte characters I have the suspect there is something wrong with the terminal character encoding. From which terminal you run the command?

@fk2 I fully understand your points. The required updates of 1bash sucks, I know, but we usually take care of not breaking compatibility with older config file revisions. You see we explicitly managed 1bash revision compatibility such that you can avoid touching your old 1bash as long as possible, and I think this is working quite good since we are now capable of adding new miners without any update to 1bash structure. We also changed a lot of code in order to take default decisions if nothing about that feature is configured in 1bash, and this is something that wasn't done in the original nvOC design. Now if we implement something new and this has no kind of relation to other existing feature, an update wont require you to update your 1bash.
You can see all logs, including main log, via ssh if you switch to a systemd service setup. I made this a long time ago because I was on your same point already at that time. Getting it to work has still some rough edges because it is not so widely tested, therefore it can't be considered to be easy for anyone, that's why it is not the default approach. But if you would like to try it, just follow this discussion on GitHub https://github.com/papampi/nvOC_by_fullzero_Community_Release/issues/41 and let me know how it goes.
fk2

View Profile
June 07, 2019, 12:06:27 PM

I will, ty Luke
Bmoop

View Profile
June 07, 2019, 02:13:31 PM
Last edit: June 07, 2019, 03:27:38 PM by Bmoop

I have some trouble understanding your problem since that message is nowhere in nvOC. I assumed you are referring to ""Auto Start Miner is set to NO...  Miner is not starting". If this is the case there is no AUTO_START_MINER="YES" into your 1bash. You may have edited 1bash from the wrong location. Run "bash ~/NVOC/mining/nvOC report" and post results.

If the error message is different then, please, report here the precise one.

Hi Luke,
yes, the error message is "auto start is no"

But it isnt NO, it is YES!

and on the post from June 06,2019, 06:21:56; I did write which setup (line-numbers on notepad++) changed.

_______________________________________________________________________________ ________

I did reinstall the nvOC and use the same 1bash file like befor.
Now the miner wants start and then send the message....

disconnected from [0.0.0.0:0]
selected pool 0xmyadress......
could not resolve host 0xmyadress.workername, Host not found (authoritati

LuKePicci

View Profile
June 07, 2019, 09:47:03 PM

You clearly have some issues with 1bash file editing. I still think you are editing the wrong file. Please post outputs of "bash ~/NVOC/mining/nvOC report" command.

Notepad++ is a windows file editor, I guess you used it to edit the 1bash file inside the small fat partition from windows. Please note that after first boot of nvOC any further modifications to that file in that position is ignored. If you need to change your setup after first boot you need to edit ~/NVOC/mining/1bash directly instead.
Bmoop

View Profile
June 08, 2019, 12:11:19 PM

Hi Luke,

I did setup on the 1bash file with Notepad++ befor first start

Here is the nvoc-report

Code:

Operating System info:
Kernel        :  4.4.0-146-generic
OS            :  Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS
System        :  (gcc 5.4.0 (Ubuntu 5.4.0-6ubuntu1~16.04.10)
nvidia driver :  418.56

nvOC info:
nvOC path     :  /home/m1/NVOC/mining
nvOC          :  0019-3.2
Report        :  0012
1bash         :  0058
1bash.template:  0058
3main         :  0028
5watchdog     :  0024
6tempcontrol  :  0012
wtm switch    :  0023
wtm profit    :  0004
pool switch   :  0002
minerinfo     :  0013

Hardware info:
Motherboard   :  ASRock H81 Pro BTC R2.0
BIOS ver.     :  P1.20 07/22/2014
CPU Model     :  Pentium(R) CPU G3260 @ 3.30GHz
CPU Cores     :  2 (Cores + Threads)
Mem Total     :         8113328 kB
Mem Free      :         7156080 kB
Swap Total    :               0 kB
Swap Free     :               0 kB
Ethernet      :  Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controll                                er (rev 11)

CUDA SDK version
nvcc path     : /usr/local/cuda/bin/nvcc
nvcc: NVIDIA (R) Cuda compiler driver
Copyright (c) 2005-2018 NVIDIA Corporation
Built on Tue_Jun_12_23:07:04_CDT_2018
Cuda compilation tools, release 9.2, V9.2.148

nvOC is not installed as a service

HDD and Partion info:
NAME    SIZE FSTYPE TYPE ROTA HOTPLUG TRAN VENDOR  MODEL          REV MOUNTPOINT
sda    28.7G        disk    1       1 usb  SanDisk Ultra         1.00
├─sda1    9M vfat   part    1       1
└─sda2 28.6G ext4   part    1       1                                 /

VGA info:
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GP106 [GeForce GTX 1060 6G                                B] (rev a1)
02:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GP106 [GeForce GTX 1060 6G                                B] (rev a1)
03:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GP106 [GeForce GTX 1060 6G                                B] (rev a1)
04:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GP106 [GeForce GTX 1060 6G                                B] (rev a1)
05:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GP106 [GeForce GTX 1060 6G                                B] (rev a1)
06:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GP106 [GeForce GTX 1060 6G                                B] (rev a1)

Local git branch and submodules status:
## release...origin/release
+WHAT_IS_HERE_FOR_ADRESS_?? miners (remotes/origin/3.2-miners)
## HEAD (no branch)
 M XMR_Stak/2.10.0/xmr-stak.nvoc.sh
 M XMR_Stak/2.10.1/xmr-stak.nvoc.sh
 M XMR_Stak/2.4.4/xmr-stak.nvoc.sh
 M XMR_Stak/2.9.0/xmr-stak.nvoc.sh

1bash settings:
1bash version .............: 0058
LOCAL or REMOTE ...........: LOCAL
TEAMVIEWER started ........: NO
SSH daemon started ........: YES
SLOW_USB_KEY_MODE .........: NO
SRR .......................: NO

Watchdog ..................: YES
SYSRQ Reboot ..............: NO
Watchdog Cycle ............: 20
GPU Utilization Threshold .: 70
Alternate Pool ............: NO

Temp Control ..............: YES
MANUAL_FAN ................: NO
TARGET_TEMP ...............: 65
__FAN_ADJUST ..............: 5
POWER_ADJUST ..............: 5
ALLOWED_TEMP_DIFF .........: 2
RESTORE_POWER_LIMIT .......: 85
MINIMAL_FAN_SPEED .........: 50
MAXIMAL_FAN_SPEED .........: 95

CLEAR_LOGS_ON_BOOT ........: NO
AUTO_REBOOT ...............: NO
_Parallax_MODE (upPaste)...: NO

TELEGRAM_MESSAGES .: NO
TELEGRAM_ALERTS ...: NO

HEADLESS MODE:.............: NO
GPUPowerMizerMode_Adjust...: NO
ETH Pill ..................: NO

POWERLIMIT MODE ...........: GLOBAL
Power Limit WATTS .........: 65
OVERCLOCK MODE ............: GLOBAL
Memory Overclock ..........: 1300
Core Overclock ............: 0

GLOBAL WORKERNAME .........: YES
AUTO WORKERNAME ...........: CUSTOM
WORKERNAME ................: rig1
plusCPU ...................: NO

AUTO_SWITCH ...............: NO
COIN ......................: ETH
ALGO ......................: ETHASH
MINER .....................: ETHMINER
ETH WORKER ................: rig1/xxxxxx@xxx.com
ETH ADDRESS ...............: 0xmyadresss
ETH POOL ..................: eth-eu1.nanopool.org
ETH PORT ..................: 9999

If I try to edit "1bash" file over the console. then I do open the 1bash-file first with "nano 1bash"
But if I search in open 1bash-file "strg+w" I get no findings, never.

For example:
nano 1bash
strg+w "eth_worker"
finding = nothing

Many thx for your help!
Bmoop
LuKePicci

View Profile
June 08, 2019, 03:30:48 PM

As soon as the miner start, in miner-log, there is its full command line which starts with "screen …". Check that the command line is constructed as expected. From what you shared, ethminer is trying to use your eth address as pool host (weird), this could only happen if something breaks the complete parameter string. Here is the ethminer prototype command line:
Code:
ethminer -P ${!xproto}://${!xaddr}${!xwallet}${!xwork}:$MINER_PWD@${!xpool}:${!xport} -U
From your settings I expect this to become:
Code:
"ethminer -P stratum+tcp://0x____address_____.rig1/xxxxxx@xxxx.com:x@eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999 -U"

That '@' char inside your workername looks suspicious. According to ethminer documentation that should be passed as special character (https://github.com/ethereum-mining/ethminer/blob/master/docs/POOL_EXAMPLES_ETH.md#special-characters-in-variables) Try changing your ETH_WORKER to "$WORKERNAME/xxxxxx%40xxx.com"

This MUST be into your 1bash since the report is capable of reading it correctly.
Bmoop

View Profile
June 09, 2019, 10:07:59 AM

Hi Luke,

I did reinstall again and change the "@" to "%40".

The parameter string is now:
home/m1/NVOC/mining/miners/ETHMINER/latest/ethminer -P stratum+tcp:// 0x____address_____.rig1/xxxxxx%40xxxx.com:x@eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999 -U –cuda devices 0 1 2 3 4 5

Miner doesnt works. The error is the same like befor.

LuKePicci

View Profile
June 09, 2019, 12:55:33 PM

You also need to change '/' to %2f for the same reason, give a look to the docs. Of course you don't need to reinstall, just edit 1bash from ssh with nano ~/NVOC/mining/1bash or upload the new one from your pc via scp. Please note your first attempt was for sure suffering some problems related to 1bash incorrect editing.
Bmoop

View Profile
June 09, 2019, 05:23:01 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2019, 11:42:51 PM by mprep

which "/" do you  mean? I h ave no "/" inside my setup dates. (okay, you mean between "rig1" and "xxxx". I did)

Yes, I know that I havent to reinstall new :-)
but the reason is, I cant open the 1bash file. Or if I open this file and search anything inside, I dont get a hit. This means, I cant read the 1bash file.
Its the same local on the mining machine and also over network+host.

Hi Luke, mayn thx for you help!

the miner is working. The two change special characters was the  reason. On the old version of the nvoc (V0019-2.0) doesnt make errors  Roll Eyes

But i still cant modify the 1bash file local or over ssh. Dont know why didnt work.  Huh Huh

papampi (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 140

Linux FOREVER! Resistance is futile!!!

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2019, 08:49:56 AM

the miner is working. The two change special characters was the  reason. On the old version of the nvoc (V0019-2.0) doesnt make errors  Roll Eyes

But i still cant modify the 1bash file local or over ssh. Dont know why didnt work.  Huh Huh

Are you sure you use correct path to 1bash?

Code:
nano ~/NVOC/mining/1bash

Bmoop

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 09:13:30 AM

the miner is working. The two change special characters was the  reason. On the old version of the nvoc (V0019-2.0) doesnt make errors  Roll Eyes

But i still cant modify the 1bash file local or over ssh. Dont know why didnt work.  Huh Huh

Are you sure you use correct path to 1bash?

Code:
nano ~/NVOC/mining/1bash

Yes, Im sure
LuKePicci

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 11:05:15 PM

the miner is working. The two change special characters was the  reason. On the old version of the nvoc (V0019-2.0) doesnt make errors  Roll Eyes

ethminer developers changed this, it is not something which depends on nvoc, if you plug in an older ethminer version you will be fine with no special escaped character, as in the old 2.0 release.
fk2

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 01:36:08 PM

One of My miner has a new problem: it stops working and is idling instead. Unfortunately i dont know wether it is renooting or if it stops worming all of a sudden.

Code:
 m1@m1-desktop:~$nvOC master-log                                                 ==> /home/m1/NVOC/mining/nvoc_logs/screenlog.0 <==                              09:40:34 GPU1 Share Accepted 46 ms                                              09:40:40 Temperature: GPU0 65C GPU1 50C GPU2 70C GPU3 56C                       09:40:40 Speed: GPU0 5.26 G/s GPU1 7.70 G/s GPU2 7.70 G/s GPU3 7.52 G/s         09:40:40 Accepted Shares: GPU0 50 GPU1 67 GPU2 76 GPU3 77                       09:40:40 Rejected Shares: GPU0 0 GPU1 0 GPU2 0 GPU3 0                           09:40:40 Fidelity: GPU0 1.013 GPU1 1.019 GPU2 0.999 GPU3 1.069                  09:40:40 Total Speed: 28.18 G/s Fidelity: 1.025 Shares Accepted: 270 Rejected: 009:40:40 Uptime: 0d 01:45:01                                                                                                                                    Fri Jun 14 09:40:54 EDT 2019 - Miner is running, 3main killing miner                                                                                            ==> /home/m1/NVOC/mining/nvoc_logs/tempcontrol-screenlog.0 <==                  ========= SMI Query output with errors @[GPU2]:                                 48, [Unknown Error], 160.00, [Unknown Error], GeForce GTX 1080 30, 70, 200.00, 22.26, GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 46, [Unknown Error], 200.00, [Unknown Error], GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 31, 70, 200.00, 11.67, GeForce GTX 1080 Ti                          ========= End of SMI query output                                               WARNING: Fri Jun 14 07:39:21 EDT 2019 - tempcontrol@[GPU0] Problem persists: watchdog has 45 seconds to react, otherwise we will reboot!                        WARNING: Fri Jun 14 07:39:29 EDT 2019 - tempcontrol@[GPU2] Problem persists: watchdog has 45 seconds to react, otherwise we will reboot!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              TEMP_CONTROL v0019-3.2.0012 - nvOC v0019-3.2 - Community Release                                                                                                                                                                          ==> /home/m1/NVOC/mining/nvoc_logs/watchdog-screenlog.0 <==                     WTM Auto Switch Killed watchdog                                                 WTM Auto Switch Killed watchdog                                                 WTM Auto Switch Killed watchdog                                                 WTM Auto Switch Killed watchdog                                                 WTM Auto Switch Killed watchdog                                                 WTM Auto Switch Killed watchdog                                                 WTM Auto Switch Killed watchdog
WTM Auto Switch Killed watchdog

==> /home/m1/NVOC/mining/nvoc_logs/8_wtmautoswitchlog <==

I should get a telegram but i dont
papampi (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 140

Linux FOREVER! Resistance is futile!!!

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2019, 01:41:37 PM

One of My miner has a new problem: it stops working and is idling instead. Unfortunately i dont know wether it is renooting or if it stops worming all of a sudden.

Code:
 m1@m1-desktop:~$nvOC master-log                                                
 ==> /home/m1/NVOC/mining/nvoc_logs/screenlog.0 <==                              
09:40:34 GPU1 Share Accepted 46 ms                                              
09:40:40 Temperature: GPU0 65C GPU1 50C GPU2 70C GPU3 56C                      
09:40:40 Speed: GPU0 5.26 G/s GPU1 7.70 G/s GPU2 7.70 G/s GPU3 7.52 G/s        
09:40:40 Accepted Shares: GPU0 50 GPU1 67 GPU2 76 GPU3 77                      
 09:40:40 Rejected Shares: GPU0 0 GPU1 0 GPU2 0 GPU3 0                          
09:40:40 Fidelity: GPU0 1.013 GPU1 1.019 GPU2 0.999 GPU3 1.069                  
09:40:40 Total Speed: 28.18 G/s Fidelity: 1.025 Shares Accepted: 270 Rejected: 009:40:40 Uptime: 0d 01:45:01                                                                                                                                    
Fri Jun 14 09:40:54 EDT 2019 - Miner is running, 3main killing miner                                                                                            
==> /home/m1/NVOC/mining/nvoc_logs/tempcontrol-screenlog.0 <==

========= SMI Query output with errors
@[GPU2]: 48, [Unknown Error], 160.00, [Unknown Error], GeForce GTX 1080 30, 70, 200.00, 22.26, GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 46, [Unknown Error], 200.00, [Unknown Error], GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 31, 70, 200.00, 11.67, GeForce GTX 1080 Ti                        
 ========= End of SMI query output                                              
WARNING: Fri Jun 14 07:39:21 EDT 2019 - tempcontrol@[GPU0] Problem persists: watchdog has 45 seconds to react, otherwise we will reboot!                      
 WARNING: Fri Jun 14 07:39:29 EDT 2019 - tempcontrol@[GPU2] Problem persists: watchdog has 45 seconds to react, otherwise we will reboot!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              
TEMP_CONTROL v0019-3.2.0012 - nvOC v0019-3.2 - Community Release                                                                                                                                                                          
==> /home/m1/NVOC/mining/nvoc_logs/watchdog-screenlog.0 <==                    

==> /home/m1/NVOC/mining/nvoc_logs/8_wtmautoswitchlog <==

I should get a telegram but i dont

It looks like GPU0 and GPU2 has some problems ...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: