Bitcoin Forum
October 06, 2024, 08:18:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcointalk.org creator?  (Read 797 times)
worldofcoins

Activity: 2002
Merit: 440

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2024, 04:17:11 PM

Discussions were originally hosted on a sourcefourge mailing list I believe, and then the forum itself started at bitcoin.org/smf, then forum.bitcoin.org, and then was eventually moved to its own domain bitcointalk.org. I'm not sure if any migration itself was being done to any new servers but the DB theoretically should have been the same within SMF, moving between each address change, the forum would have just gotten a new address and ultimately the eventual name of Bitcointalk. This is why you see posts & users from before the domain was registered

Thank you for the info.

Was this domain re-registered after it expired?
You're asking the wrong questions Tongue The real question should be: "What is the forum?" Is that a domain name, or is it the post database including the (active) users? I'd argue it's the latter.

umm... The domain. SourceForge mailing list isn't a forum (And isn't created by Satoshi) but a communication tool (I am unsure why theymos called it a forum), so I am not sure if the devs of a repo have total access to its database of it and copy it to the database they own, which database does sourceforge used at the time and was it open source, I searched for it but couldn't find it.

Side Note: The sourceforge mailing list was created on Nov 22, 2009, It was Sunday (Holiday) so there's a very good chance he had a lot of free time on his hand to work on it that day, There's also a very low chance of Satoshi being from a Islamic nationality (They have holidays on Friday) Which is the day of planet Venus and Rules heart energy center. You'll notice your feelings are more dominant on that day.
I could be wrong too in case of Satoshi from not being from any Islamic nation.

+_-
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: