Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:45:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mother Forcing Chemical Castration & Gender Reassignment of 6 Year Old Boy In TX  (Read 1322 times)
KonstantinosM

Activity: 1490
Merit: 763

Life is a taxable event

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 01:38:49 PM

Well, the title is wrong, the hormonal treatment is apparently set to start at age 8. Kids are very dumb but I think even I, by age 8 knew my gender, and it would have been much more obvious to the adults around me by then as well. Hopefully the experts are highly qualified and trained otherwise this will be a disaster for everyone.

I don't trust most psychiatrists in the US, most of them seem to be pushing drugs and their services on the pain of forced internment of their patients and veiled threats, they seem to push conformity at the cost of individuality.

Since it's the opinion of the experts + the mother I'm okay with what they're doing because of the fact that transitioning from male to female is very difficult at a later age.

It's interesting that this is considered sexual abuse but the religious right has done far worse for far longer. Circumcisions and mutilation and worse things.

I don't have the facts on this one, and maybe they're not out there yet. So I'm open to changing my mind as they come in. I have studied some college level psychology (AP course) and got high marks for it.

Kids aren't a complete mystery to modern psychology. I'll pose these questions to those against transitioning a child. What if you're wrong? Do you accept trans-people as they are? Is your opinion religiously motivated or based on reason?

Syscoin has the best of Bitcoin and Ethereum in one place, it's merge mined with Bitcoin so it is plugged into Bitcoin's ecosystem and takes full advantage of it's POW while rewarding Bitcoin miners with Syscoin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
KonstantinosM

Activity: 1490
Merit: 763

Life is a taxable event

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 01:59:02 PM

I'm sorry for double posting, but I'll also submit this Quora link here. As well as copy pasting the top answer from User: Anna Nguyen
https://www.quora.com/How-common-is-it-for-transgender-people-to-regret-their-gender-transition-possibly-to-the-point-of-transitioning-back

Quote from: Anna Nguyen
“What percentage of transgender people regret surgically completing transition? I read an article indicating the number was fairly significant.”

I can tell you right now that “fairly significant” is meaningless and therefore any claims including that is worthless. One person’s “fairly significant” is another’s “barely registering”. Vague and subjective claims are clear hallmarks of trolls, and/or of hostile agenda, and/or deceptive and manipulative intentions.

OK, now that’s off my chest…

The 2015 U.S. Transgender Survey (really, that survey ought to be prerequisite reading before asking any questions in transgender-related forums) of 27,715 non-cisgender respondents found the following, p. 111 (all emphases are mine):

"Respondents were asked whether they had ever 'de-transitioned', which was defined as having 'gone back to living as [their] sex assigned at birth, at least for a while.' Eight percent (8%) of respondents reported having de-transitioned at some point. Most of those who de-transitioned did so only temporarily: 62% of those who had de-transitioned reported that they were currently living full time in a gender different than the gender they were thought to be at birth.

Transgender women were more likely to report having de-transitioned (11%), in contrast to transgender men (4%). Rates of de-transitioning also differed by race and ethnicity, with American Indian (14%), Asian (10%), and multiracial (10%) respondents reporting the highest levels of de-transitioning (Figure 7.28).

Respondents who had de-transitioned cited a range of reasons, though only 5% of those who had de-transitioned reported that they had done so because they realized that gender transition was not for them, representing 0.4% of the overall sample. The most common reason cited for de-transitioning was pressure from a parent (36%). Twenty-six percent (26%) reported that they de-transitioned due to pressure from other family members, and 18% reported that they de-transitioned because of pressure from their spouse or partner. Other common reasons included facing too much harassment or discrimination after they began transitioning (31%), and having trouble getting a job (29%) (Table 7.6)."

The person above quotes this survey: 2015 U.S. Transgender Survey (USTS)
I will also post a direct link to the full 300 page report here: https://transequality.org/sites/default/files/docs/usts/USTS-Full-Report-Dec17.pdf

I would like to see if a further survey by the US government would support the USTS.

Syscoin has the best of Bitcoin and Ethereum in one place, it's merge mined with Bitcoin so it is plugged into Bitcoin's ecosystem and takes full advantage of it's POW while rewarding Bitcoin miners with Syscoin
BitBustah

Activity: 1218
Merit: 534

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 02:03:48 PM

I don't think age matters much, you know what you are, thats what I believe.

You will probably cause more trauma to the child by forcing him to be something that he/she is not.
yeosaga

Activity: 223
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 02:12:09 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2019, 08:48:09 PM by yeosaga

Well, the title is wrong, the hormonal treatment is apparently set to start at age 8. Kids are very dumb but I think even I, by age 8 knew my gender, and it would have been much more obvious to the adults around me by then as well. Hopefully the experts are highly qualified and trained otherwise this will be a disaster for everyone.

I don't trust most psychiatrists in the US, most of them seem to be pushing drugs and their services on the pain of forced internment of their patients and veiled threats, they seem to push conformity at the cost of individuality.

Since it's the opinion of the experts + the mother I'm okay with what they're doing because of the fact that transitioning from male to female is very difficult at a later age.

It's interesting that this is considered sexual abuse but the religious right has done far worse for far longer. Circumcisions and mutilation and worse things.

I don't have the facts on this one, and maybe they're not out there yet. So I'm open to changing my mind as they come in. I have studied some college level psychology (AP course) and got high marks for it.

Kids aren't a complete mystery to modern psychology. I'll pose these questions to those against transitioning a child. What if you're wrong? Do you accept trans-people as they are? Is your opinion religiously motivated or based on reason?

I do not think I am wrong or right. For me it is a question of resources, mostly.

When it comes to the facts I do believe some people are born in the wrong body. The problem is on how to approach the issue. How much infrastructure and money should everyone put forth on the chance that one child might be telling the truth, or they are playing pretend on a serious topic? Should we start to bring kids to the ER when a boy puts on a dress to play with his friends? Should my parents have brought me to the ER when I played with my 'generic girl toy', or when a sister plays with my 'generic boy toy'?

I guess I don't agree with the treatment at that age in this situation. There has to be a way of knowing, with certainty, that the child is telling the truth before something as serious as gender reassignment surgery should be attempted.

!ooh
yesiam6

Activity: 1036
Merit: 520

1KoMmKPMG6xaWcqB8CPP3WJ8avRSVRHtP2

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 08:44:46 PM

I don't think age matters much, you know what you are, thats what I believe.

You will probably cause more trauma to the child by forcing him to be something that he/she is not.
A Child isn't capable of recognizing the weight behind the decision of having a Gender Reassignment , and Science still doesn't really know
what makes people think they have the wrong gender.
I wouldn't let my kid decide if it wants to eat Cheeseburgers all day everday for lunch, so why would you let a child decide if it's in the wrong body at age 6 that's just dangerous and crazy. Some of those "treatments" are not reversible for example if you block your kid's puberty or get a gender reassigment surgery at an early age.
I don't hate trans people and i can accept the choice of "changing" gender when they are of legal age and can decide on their own after a thorough psychiatric evaluation to take HRT and / or get a gender reassignment surgery, it's a mental illness according to medical science with the remedy to the the symptoms mostly being a transition to the other gender.
It's in the DSM-5 ( Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders ) as Gender dysphoria https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_dysphoria .
Please don't let a Child decide if it wants to transition to another gender, when they can't even decide what toy to play with for example.

___   __    ______     
/__/\ /__/\ /_____/\   
\::\_\\  \ \\:::_ \ \   
 \:. `-\  \ \\:\ \ \ \ 
  \:. _    \ \\:\ \ \ \
   \. \`-\  \ \\:\_\ \ \
    \__\/ \__\/ \_____\/
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5166
Merit: 12865

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 10:39:28 PM
Merited by Foxpup (2)

Still the important part is
”We can’t say with 100 percent accuracy, but we can get a good picture very early on,”

Seems to me that hormonal treatment and chirurgical operations shouldn't be delivered if you're not 100% certain or at least at the age of being in charge of yourself.

In these cases they'll often give them a hormone mixture that merely delays puberty for some years, giving them extra time to come to a final decision. 6-8 is too young to really decide. (Maybe this is what they're actually doing, and it's just being spun as "chemical castration".)

IMO it's unwise with current technology and culture to substantially modify your body in this way, but I also believe in individual sovereignty, so if you want to do it, that should be up to you. There are obvious problems when dealing with children, though, since children tend to be highly ignorant, and pre-puberty children are biologically programmed to believe what authority figures tell them to believe. In this case, he probably agrees with his mother when he's with his mother, and with his father when he's with his father.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 11:33:45 PM

Reason.

The central tenent of medicine is "do no harm."

TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2019, 03:39:06 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2019, 07:20:43 AM by TECSHARE
Merited by theymos (2)

This has NOTHING to do with economic theory/marxism but has everything to do with the long term health of the child.  

I understand the idea of waiting until the child is older to make this permanent decision but by then it may be too late as the social stigma of being trans will already be engrained into the adolescent's mental health.  The outlook is not good for a trans teen. Suicide rate his high, etc etc.  
Harrowing statistics from a study recently published by the American Academy of Pediatrics revealed alarming levels of attempted suicide among transgender youth -- with the highest rates among transgender boys and non-binary youth. The findings emphasize the urgency of building welcoming and safe communities for LGBTQ young people, particularly for transgender youth.

More than half of transgender male teens who participated in the survey reported attempting suicide in their lifetime, while 29.9 percent of transgender female teens said they attempted suicide. Among non-binary youth, 41.8 percent of respondents stated that they had attempted suicide at some point in their lives.

Taking care of this now is the best option because on one hand the child is old enough to know she is a girl.  Being trans is not just a "phase". We're talking about someone who has likely felt like a girl everyday for as long as she can remember.  She isn't old enough to have been physically abused or lost will to live so there is still time left to save her from that trauma. Mothers want whats best for their children.  It is fathers who often seek some sort of legacy affirmation through their sons.

Male fragility is so rampant that you guys actually think this entire trend is aimed at emasculating you.  

Marxism is not limited to economic theory, but you already know this because you are so informed about the ideology you espouse right? This whole "trans movement" is DIRECTLY out of The Frankfurt School of Critical Theory. Every time I ever talk to actual transexual people they tell me how much they HATE this horse shit because they just want to be left alone and live normal lives like everyone else, but people like you turn them into tools to achieve their own political goals at THEIR expense, because THEY suffer the push back.

Psychological problems can be treated. Chemical castration, or EVEN JUST DELAYING puberty results in PERMANENT CHANGES to a child's body which they will NEVER BE ABLE TO CHANGE regardless of what they decide later in life. You talk about male fragility, but how much do you think women would be ABSOLUTELY LOSING THEIR SHIT if this was done to little girls and men just wrote them off as being too fragile?

You cite studies about psychological issues and suicide among trans teens, which I don't doubt. The problem however comes with your baseless conclusion that their issues result ONLY from bullying and abuse while TOTALLY IGNORING and even actively hiding the fact that gender dysphoria is often a result of PHYSIOLOGICAL HORMONAL IMBALANCE which can be treated with very high rates of success. Who knew hormonal imbalances can lead to severe psychological issues like depression and suicide right? Meanwhile those that transition show very high rates of suicide and mental problems which you immediately attribute to society victimizing these people because it doesn't serve your political narrative to discuss other alternatives.

This is where the Marxism, Critical Theory, and victim culture comes into play. Who is the real monster here? People objecting about the state sponsored mutilation of children, or psychopaths like you lying to these people and preventing them from getting treatment which might actually help them live happy satisfied lives?
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5166
Merit: 12865

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 04:35:25 AM

EVEN JUST DELAYING puberty results in PERMANENT CHANGES to a child's body which they will NEVER BE ABLE TO CHANGE regardless of what they decide later in life.

Probably, but it may still be the best option for minimizing harm/risk. If the child strongly, actively wants sex reassignment even after people try to reason them out of it, I don't think that it'd be right to outright prohibit them from pursuing it, and delaying puberty is a way to give them time to mentally mature and consider it before anything too irreversible happens. (This particular case is different because the child's desire is in dispute.)

You cite studies about psychological issues and suicide among trans teens, which I don't doubt. The problem however comes with your baseless conclusion that their issues result ONLY from bullying and abuse while TOTALLY IGNORING and even actively hiding the fact that gender dysphoria is often a result of PHYSIOLOGICAL HORMONAL IMBALANCE which can be treated with very high rates of success. Who knew hormonal imbalances can lead to severe psychological issues like depression and suicide right? Meanwhile those that transition show very high rates of suicide and mental problems which you immediately attribute to society victimizing these people because it doesn't serve your political narrative.

This is a good point. If someone is experiencing depression due to physiological issues, then this should be treated before doing anything drastic. And non-physiological depression is ~always an internal problem, not an external problem. If someone is utterly depressed about not being the "correct" gender, then this indicates an outlook on life which will probably cause them to be utterly depressed about not having the correct job, or not having the correct amount of money, or being unattractive, etc. Happiness comes primarily from within, not from without.

I'm sure that some people are able to calmly examine reality and decide that they'd be better off after sex reassignment, without unrealistically thinking that this will solve all of their problems. And while I don't think that this is a great idea, it's not my decision to make, and in the end I'm happy that human technology can today sort of deliver on this desire. But some people who end up at this point may be desperately chasing happiness via external factors, which never works and in this case is likely to be particularly counterproductive.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 05:22:53 AM

It is normal for young children to have tendencies of the opposite gender. Children that are like this are commonly referred to as “tomboys” and “tomgirls”. These tendencies are okay and children often outgrow this. It is also not uncommon for young children to want to be like other children they are around frequently, so it would be common for a young boy who is frequently around a young girl to want to be like that girl.

Parents especially, but also those who are around a child a lot, have a lot of influence over their children and can get them to say what they want them to say.

A six year old, or a twelve year old is in absolutely no way capable of consenting to this kind of procedure. This is true even if the child is saying they strongly want the procedure.

What the mother is doing very similar to sexual abuse and is arguably more damaging to her child than sexual abuse. The mother should have her children taken away from her at an absolute minimum. A much harsher punishment is more appropriate, but I am not familiar with the relevant TX statutes.   
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2019, 06:01:22 AM

EVEN JUST DELAYING puberty results in PERMANENT CHANGES to a child's body which they will NEVER BE ABLE TO CHANGE regardless of what they decide later in life.

Probably, but it may still be the best option for minimizing harm/risk. If the child strongly, actively wants sex reassignment even after people try to reason them out of it, I don't think that it'd be right to outright prohibit them from pursuing it, and delaying puberty is a way to give them time to mentally mature and consider it before anything too irreversible happens. (This particular case is different because the child's desire is in dispute.)

You cite studies about psychological issues and suicide among trans teens, which I don't doubt. The problem however comes with your baseless conclusion that their issues result ONLY from bullying and abuse while TOTALLY IGNORING and even actively hiding the fact that gender dysphoria is often a result of PHYSIOLOGICAL HORMONAL IMBALANCE which can be treated with very high rates of success. Who knew hormonal imbalances can lead to severe psychological issues like depression and suicide right? Meanwhile those that transition show very high rates of suicide and mental problems which you immediately attribute to society victimizing these people because it doesn't serve your political narrative.

This is a good point. If someone is experiencing depression due to physiological issues, then this should be treated before doing anything drastic. And non-physiological depression is ~always an internal problem, not an external problem. If someone is utterly depressed about not being the "correct" gender, then this indicates an outlook on life which will probably cause them to be utterly depressed about not having the correct job, or not having the correct amount of money, or being unattractive, etc. Happiness comes primarily from within, not from without.

I'm sure that some people are able to calmly examine reality and decide that they'd be better off after sex reassignment, without unrealistically thinking that this will solve all of their problems. And while I don't think that this is a great idea, it's not my decision to make, and in the end I'm happy that human technology can today sort of deliver on this desire. But some people who end up at this point may be desperately chasing happiness via external factors, which never works and in this case is likely to be particularly counterproductive.

Why is it children can not buy booze, weed, or tobacco? Why can children not vote, go to war, or consent to sex? These laws exist because society realizes that CHILDREN ARE INCAPABLE OF CONSENTING to things that may have permanent destructive effects on their minds and bodies.

Again, puberty blocking drugs HAVE PERMANENT EFFECTS on the body. If they didn't what would even be the point of using them? Furthermore there is absolutely NO WAY to tell if a child actually naturally has these tendencies or if they are being manipulated by an abusive parent, teacher, or social worker who sees them as a useful pawn to push their own ideologies at great permanent expense to the child.

If adults choose to transition knowing full well that they have the option of hormonal therapy instead of Marxists trying to claim this therapy is some how bigoted, then I have no problem with this. Unfortunately this whole "trans movement" is nothing more than a political movement which does more to harm transsexuals than to help them, and there simply is NO EXCUSE for doing this to a minor, PERIOD.
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 07:36:56 AM

Marxism is not limited to economic theory, but you already know this because you are so informed about the ideology you espouse right? This whole "trans movement" is DIRECTLY out of The Frankfurt School of Critical Theory. Every time I ever talk to actual transexual people they tell me how much they HATE this horse shit because they just want to be left alone and live normal lives like everyone else, but people like you turn them into tools to achieve their own political goals at THEIR expense, because THEY suffer the push back.

Psychological problems can be treated. Chemical castration, or EVEN JUST DELAYING puberty results in PERMANENT CHANGES to a child's body which they will NEVER BE ABLE TO CHANGE regardless of what they decide later in life. You talk about male fragility, but how much do you think women would be ABSOLUTELY LOSING THEIR SHIT if this was done to little girls and men just wrote them off as being too fragile?

You cite studies about psychological issues and suicide among trans teens, which I don't doubt. The problem however comes with your baseless conclusion that their issues result ONLY from bullying and abuse while TOTALLY IGNORING and even actively hiding the fact that gender dysphoria is often a result of PHYSIOLOGICAL HORMONAL IMBALANCE which can be treated with very high rates of success. Who knew hormonal imbalances can lead to severe psychological issues like depression and suicide right? Meanwhile those that transition show very high rates of suicide and mental problems which you immediately attribute to society victimizing these people because it doesn't serve your political narrative to discuss other alternatives.

This is where the Marxism, Critical Theory, and victim culture comes into play. Who is the real monster here? People objecting about the state sponsored mutilation of children, or psychopaths like you lying to these people and preventing them from getting treatment which might actually help them live happy satisfied lives?

Ahahahah xD

In the mind of TECSHARE:

Code:
get.eventthathappened

if eventthathappened = obviously good
         then  praise capitalism and individual freedom

else if eventhathappened = obviously bad
         then  blame marxism

else  ignore

Of course, transpeople are just tools of Marxism. You saw right through the lies, we, the Global Marxist Organization, are manipulating LGBT movement in order to bring havoc to the society so we can create a Marxist society from the ashes of capitalism  MOUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2019, 08:32:15 AM

Ahahahah xD

In the mind of TECSHARE:

Code:
get.eventthathappened

if eventthathappened = obviously good
         then  praise capitalism and individual freedom

else if eventhathappened = obviously bad
         then  blame marxism

else  ignore

Of course, transpeople are just tools of Marxism. You saw right through the lies, we, the Global Marxist Organization, are manipulating LGBT movement in order to bring havoc to the society so we can create a Marxist society from the ashes of capitalism  MOUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Let me know when you can find a couple brain cells to rub together to form a logical argument, as opposed to making quick lazy statements that you think make you look clever.
Sutters Mill

Activity: 976
Merit: 575

Cryptophile at large

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 10:57:06 AM
Merited by theymos (3)

How do children even start to have these thoughts in the first place? They must be getting the information that you can change your gender from somewhere and I don't think it's something that spontaneously arises. If you raised children on a desert island I'm almost certain at no point would they ever suggest they feel like a boy trapped in a girls body and vice versa or certainly that they'd want to change their sex. It's like this whole gender fluid/non-binary thing that has become very popular over the last five years or so. If it wasn't for the internet and special snowflakes finding tumblrs and twitter users where people claim they're a different gender to what they obviously are or are non-binary slash gender fluid then I don't think it would be a prevalent thing today. It's getting ridiculous to me now. The amount of times I'll look at someone's twitter or Instagram and they literally state their pronouns in their bios. To me it's just them screaming for attention. Look at me, I'm not what you think I am. Every-time I see someone and they claim they're gender-fluid or non-binary it's usually just white snowflakes who seemingly have nothing to be oppressed about so they invent something to be discriminated against and they throw a hissy fit when you accidentally 'misgender' them. I understand that gender dysphoria is a real thing but I genuinely don't think the majority of these people have it and I'm really not going to refer to a guy or a girl as them/they or the opposite of what they actually are just because they insist so.

whoops
A study from the TransYouth Project found that trans children as young as 5 years old respond to psychological gender-association tests, which evaluate how people view themselves within gender roles, as quickly and consistently as those who don’t identify as trans.
https://www.vox.com/identities/2016/5/13/17938118/transgender-children-transitioning-parenting

But how biased are the TransYouth project? When I was five years old I wanted to be Batman. If someone told me I could identify as batman and wear the little suit I had everyday I probably would have (and I wore it as much as I could much to the chagrin of my parents). Imagine if my parents said to me, no it's okay, you can be batman your entire life if you want. That would probably be more damaging if I was wearing the costume into my teens and running around thinking I was batman. In todays society it's seemingly ok if someone wants to identify as Batman even though most people would find it ridiculous. I personally wouldn't care if my children were gay or transgender (I would just want them to be happy and safe), but I certainly wouldn't be letting them have sex or change their gender until they were an adult regardless of their gender or sexuality but I'd support them as much as I could either way.

Just another case of a father who can't accept that HIS SON is trans.  He probably sees it as a verdict of his own manhood.   /toxicmasculinity

I really used to hate the phrase 'political correctness has gone mad' because it used to be used by racists and homophobes after not being able to get away with abusing people for being gay or a minority, but this stuff is going to far now, especially when anyone who speaks out on it is labeled a homophobe or transphobe etc. I'm all for gay rights and even transgender rights but the way certain people are trying to force children to play by the same rules as adults or others to comply with whatever it is they want to be referred to is starting to infringe on free speech and others rights in my opinion. 

IMO it's unwise with current technology and culture to substantially modify your body in this way, but I also believe in individual sovereignty, so if you want to do it, that should be up to you. There are obvious problems when dealing with children, though, since children tend to be highly ignorant, and pre-puberty children are biologically programmed to believe what authority figures tell them to believe. In this case, he probably agrees with his mother when he's with his mother, and with his father when he's with his father.

If you're not old enough to vote or have sex then you shouldn't be able to change your sex in my opinion. I am also for individual rights, but you couldn't let a child make all their own decisions in life. If you let them chose their own meals they'd probably eat junk food everyday and use mountain dew as mouthwash. I'm a big believer in saying no to a child as little as you can, but I wouldn't let my child play with a gun or smoke cigarettes if they wanted to just like I wouldn't want or let them change gender in their childhood because they don't know any better. Let kids be kids, and if they still feel the same way at 16-18+ then it's time to discuss things.

Taking care of this now is the best option because on one hand the child is old enough to know she is a girl.  Being trans is not just a "phase". We're talking about someone who has likely felt like a girl everyday for as long as she can remember.  She isn't old enough to have been physically abused or lost will to live so there is still time left to save her from that trauma. Mothers want whats best for their children.  It is fathers who often seek some sort of legacy affirmation through their sons.

Male fragility is so rampant that you guys actually think this entire trend is aimed at emasculating you.  

Is it the best option though? How do you know they're old enough? I would agree that for most transgenderism is not a phase, but for some it is and there are many trans people who regret transitioning or are glad they never went thought with it and that's why it something that should take years to do and not something you can decide on a whim and certainly not when you're a child. Transitioning is also a huge mental and physical thing to go through and we also probably don't have the data on how transitioning so early is going to affect people later in life. What if this becomes acceptable and common for children to start transitioning and then the suicide rates of people who transition in their childhood goes through the roof? Who knows what damage will be done longterm. To me this isn't about me being scared of emasculation but protecting life and the quality of it no matter whether you're gay, straight or truly trans or not.
robbylove

Activity: 420
Merit: 31

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 02:39:11 PM

So logically anyone supporting this believes Evolution is a hoax. Both, the Trans vision of Nature and the theory of (Natural) Evolution, can't be true at the same time.

@wilikon: minds.com - gab.com - dissenter.com
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 03:43:58 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2019, 06:56:58 AM by Quickseller

batman
Your child wanting to be Batman would be the result of him watching a Batman movie and seeing that he is a “good guy” in the plot.

It also could be the result of influence from you, his parent, either from you telling him that it is good to be Batman, by you showing admiration of Batman or you showing that you enjoy the movie.

A parent letting their child dress up as Batman every day is probably doing something wrong. Regardless, letting the child dress up as Batman for as long as they wish is not permanent, the child can stop whenever he wants with trivial effort.

edit:
Doctors will take the Hippocratic Oath when they graduate medical school and become a doctor (the exact text sometimes varies between schools), and one of the lines in the oath is:
"I must not play at god"

One could argue any doctor performing this kind of procedure is violating this oath by trying to play god.
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2019, 10:37:54 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvpws80T1Bo
coins4commies

Activity: 952
Merit: 175

@cryptocommies

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 11:10:29 PM

So logically anyone supporting this believes Evolution is a hoax. Both, the Trans vision of Nature and the theory of (Natural) Evolution, can't be true at the same time.

Shocked

Wowut?

Theres too much that could be going wrong leading to this post that I can't even begin to unpack it without explanation.  Its just a wild claim with no wild reasoning provided for me to even refute.

Is it the best option though? How do you know they're old enough? I would agree that for most transgenderism is not a phase, but for some it is and there are many trans people who regret transitioning or are glad they never went thought with it and that's why it something that should take years to do and not something you can decide on a whim and certainly not when you're a child.
This is why the "at what age did you realize your gender?" question is so relevant.  We have people saying children are too young to know their gender which makes me wonder when they had the ability to recognize their own gender.  I knew my gender with certainty for as long as I can remember and can remember having certainty in my gender as far back as age 4.  The people in this thread who don't think children can be self-aware of their own gender until teens were probably gender-fluid or some mix of queer.  
TheCoinGrabber

Activity: 994
Merit: 302

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 05:43:11 AM

No longer clicked the links coz I don't want to ruin my day but is this the boy with a twin and divorced parents and their forcing the dad to address the boy with a different name when he visit? If yes there's a probability the mom have Munchausen or some other crazies. Seen photos and the boy seem happier when with the dad.

whoops
A study from the TransYouth Project found that trans children as young as 5 years old respond to psychological gender-association tests, which evaluate how people view themselves within gender roles, as quickly and consistently as those who don’t identify as trans.
https://www.vox.com/identities/2016/5/13/17938118/transgender-children-transitioning-parenting

Just another case of a father who can't accept that HIS SON is trans.  He probably sees it as a verdict of his own manhood.   /toxicmasculinity

Oh come on, there are people who realize they are trans only much much later in life. What if this boy realized at puberty that he is straight, would they be able to give him his penis back?
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2019, 06:08:45 AM

No longer clicked the links coz I don't want to ruin my day but is this the boy with a twin and divorced parents and their forcing the dad to address the boy with a different name when he visit? If yes there's a probability the mom have Munchausen or some other crazies. Seen photos and the boy seem happier when with the dad.

whoops

Oh come on, there are people who realize they are trans only much much later in life. What if this boy realized at puberty that he is straight, would they be able to give him his penis back?

If I remember right that is correct, he is a twin.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: