Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:23:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why IEOs Came Into Existence?  (Read 1013 times)
L A R A

Activity: 728
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 03:24:54 AM

maybe they think its the best way to attract investor and this is works.
even some IEO has bad price after launch.
dont know this is last forever or not, but ICO still exist during this time.
so IEO will not give big effect to ICO.
IEO results tokens always have a good price if the IEO is done in a large exchange
indeed, currently the ICO is still there, but most ICOs fail because no investors are interested, investors are more interested in the IEO for now, so the IEO has a very big impact on ICO

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aioc

Activity: 2898
Merit: 567

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 03:54:42 AM

Have you ever thought of this before?

When I first heard of IEOs from smaller exchanges, I thought they were simply catering to one of the demands of ICO investors which is immediate exchange listing.

Then came the bigger centralized exchanges like Binance, Bittrex, and Kucoin. It somehow made me wonder why would they open up their platform to crowdfunding. Maybe because they also think that the ICO market is dying? If so, then that would mean less new projects. With less new projects, less potential source of income (listing fees). 

So in the end, it is still all about the $$$. These exchange are probably afraid of losing one of their major source of income  Grin

What's your take on this?

Totally agree, they need to feed traders with a new and fresh project, they live on traders actions, trading, withdrawal and deposit, without new coins or project to satisfy the appetite, the income will stop, new tokens are their cash cow.

steveabrahams

Activity: 1050
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 03:58:41 AM

maybe they think its the best way to attract investor and this is works.
even some IEO has bad price after launch.
dont know this is last forever or not, but ICO still exist during this time.
so IEO will not give big effect to ICO.
It's works very well. Token sale combined with a big trust and popular exchange such binance is giving a good result to all parties. The token sale owner is happy because the token sold out, the exchange also happy because many investors will buy in their exchange and also using BNB tokens. Investors also happy because they can participate on token sale without afraid.
pinoycash

Activity: 1316
Merit: 514

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2019, 03:49:42 PM

Just a head's up, STEX will now opening their platform for IEO purpose, In fact they are currently running the very first coin project on their IEO platform. This is big move for STEX and since this is the to go place for startup projects we can expect more projects on their IEO platform. Lets just hope they filter out scammy and fake projects.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
efrenbilantok

Activity: 576
Merit: 39

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 04:48:44 PM

To provide a safer way of investment procedure than ICO's did, also gives confidence for the investors for prevented scams.
An IEO being run in a widely known exchange like binance will boost the sale of their tokens,
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 04:55:27 PM

To provide a safer way of investment procedure than ICO's did, also gives confidence for the investors for prevented scams.
An IEO being run in a widely known exchange like binance will boost the sale of their tokens,
That's the benefits when certain project got the chance being offered inside big exchange like binance the liquidations will be much easier and investors will take their part to participate and try harder to earned from this new way of investment, the market within this field already have a lots of supporters.
Backupnime

Activity: 494

homt.net

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 04:59:05 PM

because IEO is safer than ico, investor can invest their money in some project with escrow from exchange are launched IEO for some project.
but participate IEO in small exchange it's not worth it for me, because some case even using exchange for launch their crowdfound, some project are failed raised fund from small exchange because shortage of participating investors.

CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
TOKENS FOR BITCOINTALK USERS FOR SIGNATURES! ANN TREAD ! WHITEPAPER ! LITEPAPER !
profitgenerator212

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 05:02:04 PM

When I first heard of IEOs from smaller exchanges, I thought they were simply catering to one of the demands of ICO investors which is immediate exchange listing.

Then came the bigger centralized exchanges like Binance, Bittrex, and Kucoin. It somehow made me wonder why would they open up their platform to crowdfunding. Maybe because they also think that the ICO market is dying? If so, then that would mean less new projects. With less new projects, less potential source of income (listing fees). 

So in the end, it is still all about the $$$. These exchange are probably afraid of losing one of their major source of income  Grin

You are right. My first knowledge of IEOs came from Latoken and Probit but was popularised by the big exchanges when they found out it has become more successful than ICO in terms of fund raising

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
Rogkim1

Activity: 262
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 05:09:33 PM

Earlier I thought that IEO save crypto market and return the trust of investors to new projects. However, I rejoiced in vain. IEOs can also cause damage to their investors. I now see only one plus from IEO - this is a quick listing of new projects on a large exchange.
Backupnime

Activity: 494

homt.net

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 05:13:20 PM

That's the benefits when certain project got the chance being offered inside big exchange like binance the liquidations will be much easier and investors will take their part to participate and try harder to earned from this new way of investment, the market within this field already have a lots of supporters.
binance have the liquidations and many project launchpad are ended successfully, i'm one a part who take the chance to participate in binance IEO.
IEO from big exchange can give investor more profit because the exchange are supported by whales.
investing in IEO is more profitable than standard ICO campaign and now IEO are hyped

CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
TOKENS FOR BITCOINTALK USERS FOR SIGNATURES! ANN TREAD ! WHITEPAPER ! LITEPAPER !
miklesm

Activity: 1078

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 05:15:24 PM

Actually, Binance held it's first IEO Gifto at the end of 2017, but that time it was not necessary for the projects to pay exchanges for holding IEO as they were successfully collecting funds through traditional ICO format. When people almost stopped participating in ICOs, IEO appeared and it became popular because of fast profit for investors.
other_side

Activity: 285
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 05:38:35 PM

Binance was the first which realized that ICO market is dying  and they offered a more secure way for investment with Binance launchpad. Of course, they want to control and have bigger  benefit from the investments.

Launched a launchpad for safer investments, but today I got the news that binary exchange has been broken into by hackers, have you not read the news today? I was very surprised when a binary exchange was able to be broken into by hackers, even though many already knew that the security exchange binance was very guaranteed.

The money Binance was stolen by hackers through the appropriation of their hot wallet. I think Binance's security agents should keep this information carefully to avoid future unfortunate losses
bolshojkush

Activity: 784
Merit: 256

Binance #Smart World Global Token

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 05:48:39 PM

IEO created only to attract new users and money to the exchange. Fraudulent projects from the IEO did not save, as the exchange does not project audits. There was already a case when one of the major exchanges canceled IEO, at the last moment, because of information about the fraudulent project.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

Inu.Guren

Activity: 379

homt.net

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 05:58:21 PM

I think the main reason that birthed IEOs is the fraudulent rate of most ICOs. These fraud was getting too much that investors were no longer willing to invest in ICOs anymore because they do not want to lose their money. Then projects taught the best way to raise funds from investors is to launch their tokensale through a platform that will guarantee it's legality. And the investors responded well because they can now participate in tokensale without being scammed. And also the exchanges also provide liquidity for the token upon listing.

IEO platform will never guaranteed any legality on any IEO that launch using their platform. Since this IEO project can still scam if they choose to run with investors money. the only good thing about IEO is the promised listing after the token sale which is the core of any token project.

i think you are wrong, if we see few month ago IEO from bittrex, some project want launch IEO in bittrex but have issue with their company bittrex rejected the project.
exchanger must filter and choose best project, because their name are betting by that project, look case from big exchange like Binance, Huobi and Bittrex

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
mangsitin

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 06:14:47 PM

In my opinion the IEO is the newest way of selling Tokens to the public by using the exchange market as a means of selling, so the IEO is expected to return to creating trust from Investors, because we know that ICO is currently getting worse.
Zdraste16

Activity: 442
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 06:28:00 PM

Not so long ago, IEO appeared very quickly gaining momentum, compared to ICO.  But as for the exchange of cryptocurrencies, it seems that IEO is beneficial to both parties.  Investments are collected in a very short time.
Apaxy

Activity: 512
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2019, 06:56:33 PM

Not so long ago, IEO appeared very quickly gaining momentum, compared to ICO.  But as for the exchange of cryptocurrencies, it seems that IEO is beneficial to both parties.  Investments are collected in a very short time.
If you analyze new concepts for the implementation of new projects, then the IEO will most likely benefit the exchange and investors, and only the crumbs from the table will remain the developer of the project.  Nevertheless, the investor has always suffered in the company's ico market.
aemma
Copper Member

Activity: 966
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 06:57:13 PM

IEOs came into existence owing to the failure of ICOs. That is, ICOs has caused more harm than good thus giving this space a bad name. But since the advent of IEOs, participating in public sale is now easy and convenient.
So, to answer your question, IEOs came into existence to correct the mistakes caused by ICOs..
SMOKEU

Activity: 495

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 07:00:00 PM

i think its for the investor to easily trust those projects having an ieo, because it's already in the exchange not like ico's

██████████████  CARTESI 📱 LINUX INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCALABLE DAPPS  ██████████████
█▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇█
Chuky92
Copper Member

Activity: 966
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 08:39:14 PM

Ever since IEOs came into existence I don't think investors have ever complain of getting scammed.
It is worthy to know what exchanges are not to be held accountable if the project fails to deliver what the team promised. I think this is where most people get it wrong; the follow the hype surrounding the IEO and when they don't get their expected return they start complaining. This is entirely different from getting scammed which is rampant in ICOs.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: