Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:48:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoin Wallets?  (Read 120 times)
jerry0 (OP)

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 10:13:43 PM

I have bitcoin and have them stored in my ledger.  I also have coins where you cannot store it in nano because its not compatible and need to download own wallet.  Because of this, i keep some of those coins in the exchange.  Well i want to move these coins to the actual wallet you download for windows.

Is there a way to confirm whatever wallet im downloading is legit? 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BADBITCH

Activity: 532
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 10:20:06 PM

I have bitcoin and have them stored in my ledger.  I also have coins where you cannot store it in nano because its not compatible and need to download own wallet.  Because of this, i keep some of those coins in the exchange.  Well i want to move these coins to the actual wallet you download for windows.

I think this depends exactly on the type of token we are talking about
So go to their website and find out if there is a pc wallet or a mobile wallet

Then you can set up an account, back up phrase and synchronize it to the latest blocks

You won’t have any problem that way
akamit

Activity: 1484
Merit: 595

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 10:20:49 PM

Download from a legitimate source.
If you are hodling X coin/token then go to the ANN thread/website and download from there.
If it is not available there go to their social group and ask for the legitimate download link.

edit: Don't fall into a phishing trap. check the domain.
mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2019, 10:22:00 PM

Downloading from official sites can be best choice. Otherwise, the likelihood of scamming is great.
Besides, exchanges are not a good idea for storing. Without private key the coin is not yours.
vgk88

Activity: 728
Merit: 130

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 10:22:56 PM

I think that a lot depends on what kind of cryptocurrency you keep. Some altcoins require the installation of non-standard wallets. It is not important for me that I can store different cryptocurrencies in the same wallet.
jerry0 (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 10:27:38 PM

I need the official site to download wallet for these coins

1  Shift

2.  Beancash

3.  Powerledger

jerry0 (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 10:31:44 PM

Well i want to make sure im on the legit site.  I have windows 10 64 bit.

Example

1.  Shift

https://www.shiftnrg.org/

Is this the link to download nano wallet?

https://github.com/ShiftNrg/shift-nano/releases

If so, which one?  Is it windows.exe if i use windows?

2.  Beancash

http://www.beancash.org/downloads.html#

Which one?  I use windows 10 64 bit.

3.  Powerledger

https://www.powerledger.io/

Where is the link to download?

4.  Edgeless

https://edgeless.io/

Where is the wallet?
StreakW

Activity: 1189
Merit: 107

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 10:39:05 PM

All coin have their own wallet, and i think hard to find wallet can store multiple coins, But if your coin is ERC-20 token, Using myetherwallet to store all of it, is enough. Go do reaserch about your coins, and to find out the safe wallet to store it

~snip
I just know about powerledger, It ERC-20 token based on ethereum platform. Go to https://www.myetherwallet.com. Official site

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.14                                        ╖
║     〘 Available On Binance Square 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙     ║
╙           ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹           ╜
jossiel

Activity: 2968
Merit: 632

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 10:59:18 PM

~snip
I just know about powerledger, It ERC-20 token based on ethereum platform. Go to https://www.myetherwallet.com. Official site
Yes, power ledger can be kept on MEW.

1. Shift - AFAIK I've read that they shift to Lisk
https://www.reddit.com/r/ShiftNrg/comments/7ovf0d/shift_wallet_upgrade/

2. Beancash - https://www.coinario.com/coin/bean-cash/wallet

4. Edgeless - is this an ERC20 token right?
bisdak40

Activity: 2268
Merit: 547

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 11:14:06 PM

If you have doubt with the link, better for you to contact the team/developer of that particular coins/tokens. You can join their telegram group and made your inquiries there. I have done that also. It is better to be safe than sorry because we are talking about our hard earned money here.
Wayrey2020

Activity: 198
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 11:49:21 PM

Yes. I think there are many ways to confirm if the app you are about to download is legit or not, firstly visit the app site and check if there is a download page where you can find the one who suit your device, and if there's any click through there and download it.
Another thing you need to check out for is the link of the website you are visiting.
Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 12:06:32 AM

If your tokens are all ERC20 tokens and try to use multi wallet like imtoken and you can add a new token that is not even listed on there manually. But you can try to confirm with the developer is there an official wallet that already released by them and they will give you more details about that.
zolfa

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 11:45:20 AM

I think the place to store altcoin depends on the type, whether it includes the erc-20 or not, if erc-20 I recommend using myetherwallet for PC and imtoken for andoir users
JuggSlash

Activity: 602
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 11:50:10 AM

Holding most of the coins in the exchange is very risky. Just be careful and once it available for the wallet and its compatible, download it already and immediately withdraw it from the exchange.
BurstBurst

Activity: 494
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 11:56:27 AM

I think there are many wallet jan and friendly user wallet that can only be storage of your altcoins but not all altcoins wallet is the same as others have features like myetherwallet it's the most popular or used by the crowd because of the excess it's easy to use it is a lot of bounty hunters and investors are using this wallet as well as one of the pretty good ones to lift myetherwallet this is the metamask it's used by other bounty hunters because it's nice it dedeactect or because it's phishing site so it's easy to use but be careful when using other altcoins wallets because not everyone else legit because scam and phishing and others are wrong to give that address they will give is privite key.
rangnatht

Activity: 588
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 12:06:54 PM

In the present time their are so many altcoin and they have different kind of wallets. So which wallet is good is depend on which altcoin you want to store. For Bitcoin wallet you can find useful guidelines here in the help section. For other altcoin if those altcoin using ethereum blockchain then I recommend Imtoken wallet because I myself using this wallet for storing ethereum based token and its really easy to use it. But before using this you have to have carefully right down your private key in somewhere in your notebook too. For other token who did not use ethereum blockchain you need to download their specific wallet.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: