Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:13:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ Copper Membership ] It mentions I've paid already but it says still waiting  (Read 177 times)
Passionate (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 62
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 01:18:06 PM

Great day to all of you,

I'm new here and I recently decided to purchase Copper Membership so I can have no chat limit as I am transacting with someone selling me Starbucks Gift Cards.

After my payment, it says that "Ive paid the X amount of btc" but It mentions that its still waiting for confirmation...

I would like to ask if this is normal? I'm like really new here by the way I hope you can consider my question and enlighten me with an answer.

Thanks all!
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 01:21:00 PM

Yes, you need at least 1 confirmation.

(Otherwise you could potentially double-spend the funds, essentially scamming the forum)
See -> https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Irreversible_Transactions#Finney_attack

Sharon121212

Activity: 280
Merit: 215

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 01:22:12 PM

There is no cause for alarm so long as you paid the stipulated amount correctly. Conformations are normal occurrence during processing your transcation so once that's is done you would start enjoy all the benefits of copper membership
Passionate (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 01:24:17 PM

There is no cause for alarm so long as you paid the stipulated amount correctly. Conformations are normal occurrence during processing your transcation so once that's is done you would start enjoy all the benefits of copper membership

Yes, you need at least 1 confirmation.

(Otherwise you could potentially double-spend the funds, essentially scamming the forum)
See -> https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Irreversible_Transactions#Finney_attack

Thanks to both of you for taking the time to clear that to me, I thought I did something wrong to be honest.
TryNinja
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 7040

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2019, 01:28:21 PM

Thanks to both of you for taking the time to clear that to me, I thought I did something wrong to be honest.
Btw, after confirmating, you also need to "activate it" by going to the same page you got the payment address and filling the form there will be there.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Passionate (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 01:32:36 PM

Btw, after confirmating, you also need to "activate it" by going to the same page you got the payment address and filling the form there will be there.

Buddy thanks for telling me, I am really waiting for it because the person who I'm transacting with sent me a message like 30 minutes ago. He is selling me Starbucks gift cards his name is Winspiral
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 01:33:44 PM

Buddy thanks for telling me, I am really waiting for it because the person who I'm transacting with sent me a message like 30 minutes ago. He is selling me Starbucks gift cards his name is Winspiral

Ho buddy calm down, you mean this guy? - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=492957

I'm not sure what the premises of your deal are, but i would be VERY careful dealing with that individual, as i'm pretty sure he's up to no good.

Unless of course you 100% trust him. Still.. You're buying starbucks giftcards from him? Are they physical or digital codes? How can you be sure they're not stolen/carded?

Passionate (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 01:44:31 PM

Ho buddy calm down, you mean this guy? - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=492957

I'm not sure what the premises of your deal are, but i would be VERY careful dealing with that individual, as i'm pretty sure he's up to no good.

Unless of course you 100% trust him. Still.. You're buying starbucks giftcards from him? Are they physical or digital codes? How can you be sure they're not stolen/carded?

Yes that's his exact profile, I just made a thread earlier in Digital Goods with a title that says [WTB] Food Coupons (USA Only) and he's the first one who sent me a message and offer Escrow.

Oh noes now I'm nervous because he's up to no good as you say? I only bought Netflix using BTC (its the only thing I bought digitally using BTC)
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 01:54:23 PM

Oh noes now I'm nervous because he's up to no good as you say? I only bought Netflix using BTC (its the only thing I bought digitally using BTC)
Well, he has ran ponzi schemes in the past, so i wouldn't put it past him to sell you carded giftcards, even with escrow he could still screw you over.
Unless of course, this is something you've factored in.

Just wondering; how much % is the starbucks off compared to real $ value?

Passionate (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 01:57:46 PM

Well, he has ran ponzi schemes in the past, so i wouldn't put it past him to sell you carded giftcards, even with escrow he could still screw you over.
Unless of course, this is something you've factored in.

Just wondering; how much % is the starbucks off compared to real $ value?

I haven't got to that part of transaction yet though he only mentioned me his inventory (8x $50 Starbucks Gift Card)

Oh I see he have ran something like that in the past... Can I ask how can someone still get away even with escrow? Sorry I ask lots of questions please do answer me when its convenient to you.
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 02:03:51 PM

I haven't got to that part of transaction yet though he only mentioned me his inventory (8x $50 Starbucks Gift Card)

Oh I see he have ran something like that in the past... Can I ask how can someone still get away even with escrow? Sorry I ask lots of questions please do answer me when its convenient to you.
I'm not exactly an expert on Starbucks and/or their policies regarding carding/cracking, but i know that most companies will disable giftcards once they find out they're carded, or stolen or cracked.

So let's say that either he has cracked them, (there's tools you can use online to do so), in which case your giftcard i guess could work fine, but it could also get disabled by starbucks out of the blue due to it being cracked.

Or he has carded them, in which case Starbucks will probably disable your giftcard as soon as the owner of the card reverses the credit card payment. So it might look like the cards work fine, but there's a good chance they'll stop working sooner rather than later.

Or he's totally legit, and there's nothing to worry about. I don't know. just be cautious or factor in the risk of them being carded.

Passionate (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 02:08:03 PM

I'm not exactly an expert on Starbucks and/or their policies regarding carding/cracking, but i know that most companies will disable giftcards once they find out they're carded, or stolen or cracked.

So let's say that either he has cracked them, (there's tools you can use online to do so), in which case your giftcard i guess could work fine, but it could also get disabled by starbucks out of the blue due to it being cracked.

Or he has carded them, in which case Starbucks will probably disable your giftcard as soon as the owner of the card reverses the credit card payment. So it might look like the cards work fine, but there's a good chance they'll stop working sooner rather than later.

Or he's totally legit, and there's nothing to worry about. I don't know. just be cautious or factor in the risk of them being carded.

Oh I didn't know it could be acquired that way, I had no idea. I don't wanna jump into conclusion or cause negative image to Winspiral I was just thinking of gifting the gift card to a relative in the USA.

If the price is too much I might not proceed with the payments though.

EDIT I just saw his Trust rating I might not proceed. Thanks for letting me know about it AdolfinWolf
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: