Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:45:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ‘In Crypto We Trust’: Circle CEO Pumps Blockchain at IMF Meeting  (Read 299 times)
Artemis3
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1563

CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2019, 05:13:18 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2019, 01:44:58 PM by Artemis3

Isn't the USDC token from them? Wouldn't he be meaning USDC when mentioning “Money and Payments in the Digital Age”? Of course like the other stablecoins you would need to pay the fee in the coin's blockchain its running from, so its also a poor substitute.

Want to send some usdc? did you add enough eth in your wallet first? Nope, not going to work...

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
Increase hashrate on your Bitcoin ASICs,
improve efficiency as much as 25%, and
get 0% pool fees on Braiins Pool

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 08:39:25 PM

No matter how it ends may it be through smartphone payments or through cryptocurrencies at the end we will somehow touch the fiat in that country as stated in almost all of the countries' law. We may not be paying it yet at the end payments are valued through fiat and it is how it will be in the future. Credit cards/debit cards and even Apple pay and Samsung pay are paid wirelessly without any physical cash on hand yet they are still based on fiat, this is brought through the development in tech and also the convenience their citizens are looking for. But as long as every payment is based on monetary value I don't think people need to worry about cash disappearing.
Wexlike
Legendary

Activity: 1473
Merit: 1086

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 09:20:11 PM

No matter how it ends may it be through smartphone payments or through cryptocurrencies at the end we will somehow touch the fiat in that country as stated in almost all of the countries' law. We may not be paying it yet at the end payments are valued through fiat and it is how it will be in the future. Credit cards/debit cards and even Apple pay and Samsung pay are paid wirelessly without any physical cash on hand yet they are still based on fiat, this is brought through the development in tech and also the convenience their citizens are looking for. But as long as every payment is based on monetary value I don't think people need to worry about cash disappearing.

I agree, BTC needs to regain support and break over the long term trend line. I also think, however, that it may retest the 200 and 50 day moving averages as well as the previous breakout around $4150. If BTC bounces off the moving averages and/or bounces off the previous bottom then it won't be long before the price gets back on top of the trend line rather than riding it from underneath. This doesn't do the day traders much good, but for long term hodler these prices below the trend are a gift.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
April 23, 2019, 10:51:15 AM

Isn't the USDC token from them?
It's both Circle and Coinbase being the main entities behind USDC. https://www.centre.io/usdc

Wouldn't he be meaning USDC when mentioning “Money and Payments in the Digital Age”? Of course like the other stablecoins you would need to pay the fee in the coin's blockchain its running from, so its also a poor substitude.

Want to send some usdc? did you add enough eth in your wallet first? Nope, not going to work...
It's an interesting topic for sure, because Vitalik has always been against economical abstraction, but it's obvious that he wants you to buy Ether in order to play around with tokens running on top of Ethereum. What Vitalik wants, that happens. I don't think he will ever allow fees to be paid in the tokens people use instead of being forced to always have a little bit of Ether in your wallet.

I read an article like a few months ago where TRON was said to be free to use (i.e. that there are no fees). If that's actually the case, then their USDT tokens can be transferred natively without having TRON in your wallet.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: