Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:11:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DigiPiglets.com - NFT  (Read 1391 times)
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2019, 06:49:31 PM

I am definitely interested if we can get a big enough chain going.  It would be helpful to find someone that has a lot of friends that are involved in Crypto.  I don't have a ton of those so the people I could send it along to are pretty limited.  I am excited about this though and I hope we can get it moving.

No worries, we're just going to go through the list here first, then you don't actually have to look for someone Wink

we can gather a participation list here (with trustworthy members that would like to participate), and then start shipping to each other.  Smiley

Yeah, I'm keeping a list updated on this post:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5130404.msg52414882#msg52414882

I think tomorrow I'm just going to throw all your usernames into a random number generator and decide like that Tongue

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tweetious

Activity: 1940
Merit: 375

Cryptoshi Blockomoto

View Profile
September 10, 2019, 06:55:13 PM
Merited by minerjones (1)

I think tomorrow I'm just going to throw all your usernames into a random number generator and decide like that Tongue

it might be a good idea to regional group the "journeys", to avoid DigiPiglets going back and forth overseas (between continents). For example, some journeys within Europe first, then some journeys within US, Asia etc...

that will reduce total shipping fees, the possibility to get lost in transit & travelling time between journeys (i.e. the whole project will move faster)

just my 2 satoshi's  Tongue
TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
September 10, 2019, 06:59:41 PM

Perhaps I missed it (didn't read every post) but do the unfunded versions come as DIY?
eternalgloom
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2019, 07:02:20 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2019, 08:16:32 PM by eternalgloom

Perhaps I missed it (didn't read every post) but do the unfunded versions come as DIY?

I think the units from the Kickstarter campaign will have the labels attached to them, but they are planning on making DIY versions which will be sold through their webshop.
Correct me if I'm wrong though @DigiPiglets.

it might be a good idea to regional group the "journeys", to avoid DigiPiglets going back and forth overseas (between continents). For example, some journeys within Europe first, then some journeys within US, Asia etc...

that will reduce total shipping fees, the possibility to get lost in transit & travelling time between journeys (i.e. the whole project will move faster)

just my 2 satoshi's  Tongue

Yeah, that's a good idea, I'm from Belgium myself, so maybe best that we start in Europe.

With regards to the people from Steemit I've added to the list, I know you don't really have trust scores there as we have on Bitcointalk, but I've selected people whom I personally trust.
I've been interacting with them for years and I'd say they have a form of trust embedded into their Steem accounts, since any scamming would be called out on there as well.
Hope everyone here agrees with that, I can act as a liaison if they don't have Bitcointalk accounts, since we're doing most of the organizational work on here.

DigiPiglet (OP)

Activity: 66
Merit: 42

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2019, 02:31:33 PM

The Kickstarter campaign is supposed to fund a batch of DigiPiglets and a batch of labels containing both private and public keys (not DIY). After we're funded, we could offer a DIY version as well, provided there's enough demand for that. More people interested in that?

Great to see so many people participate, I'm especially happy to see people from  the other side of the world Cheesy

TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 06:27:03 PM

Personally I'd prefer DIY versions over pre-generated keys so put me on the list Grin.
bengybunny

Activity: 7
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 13, 2019, 09:04:39 AM
Merited by eternalgloom (2)

Hi Piglet-ers,

I'm just checking in with a pretty much never used account... I'm bengy from Steemit (I guess the username gives it away...). Anyway, as I had mentioned on Daan's post on STEEM... I am more than happy to be part of this trust chain. My problem was that I don't really know anyone in real-life that I might be able to pass it on to. Anyway, nice to drop in here!

Bengy (aka John).

PS: I'm in Europe if you are grouping people together!
DigiPiglet (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2019, 12:06:46 PM

Hi Piglet-ers,

I'm just checking in with a pretty much never used account... I'm bengy from Steemit (I guess the username gives it away...). Anyway, as I had mentioned on Daan's post on STEEM... I am more than happy to be part of this trust chain. My problem was that I don't really know anyone in real-life that I might be able to pass it on to. Anyway, nice to drop in here!

Bengy (aka John).

PS: I'm in Europe if you are grouping people together!

Hi bengy,

I'm sure we'll be able to find someone on the forum, Steemit, or any other social media site, if you or anyone else doesn't know where to send the piglet. Also: If anyone manages to convince someone to participate who's never used Bitcoin before, we've done something for the community as a whole. That would be my ultimate goal Smiley

eternalgloom
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2019, 08:15:48 AM

Just an update for people following the journey here.
The DigiPiglet has arrived at Buwaytress's place, he's going to update this topic with a picture soon:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5183158

Corrosive
Copper Member
artcontest

Activity: 582
Merit: 1089

#GPGL

View Profile
November 25, 2019, 10:16:29 AM

I have received the piglet today, inside the package are some postcards, a note from mbitr and a small packet of bitcoinpenny zepher coins) from Jan Emil) of which i won't take one as i already have some. I will update with some pics once im not sat on my bed wearing my underwear 👍

JanEmil

Activity: 2268
Merit: 668

Community management 24/7 for hire

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2019, 10:21:23 AM

Good when next person in line confirm Tongue

Think we update here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5183158.0

Corrosive
Copper Member
artcontest

Activity: 582
Merit: 1089

#GPGL

View Profile
November 25, 2019, 12:45:59 PM

There we go. The pig and i went to the local country park for a stroll. We saw the castle, the deer, the stream and lots of wildlife. Little piggy was most intrigued by these large oinking creatures we met along the way....

Pictures taken at Dean Castle Country Park, Scotland

If anyone else in the UK wants to recieve the piglet, publicly mention in here then we can sort out addresses via PM.

Will add a btc donation later, cheers 👍

enayet
Copper Member

Activity: 96
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2019, 08:47:00 PM

There we go. The pig and i went to the local country park for a stroll. We saw the castle, the deer, the stream and lots of wildlife. Little piggy was most intrigued by these large oinking creatures we met along the way....

If anyone else in the UK wants to recieve the piglet, publicly mention in here then we can sort out addresses via PM.

I want one! I'm in East Sussex
Rickeo

Activity: 99
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2020, 01:15:11 PM

Gutted I missed this.

I remember when the concept was first posted on here and I actually purchased but then was refunded because your plans changed.

Missed the kickstarter and now all sold out on your website, I would have loved to have received the bull and bear ones.

What's more devastating is the fact I probably wont get them at a good price when they do become available again.
vizique
Legendary

Activity: 2404
Merit: 1636

View Profile
January 21, 2020, 04:41:06 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2020, 05:10:18 PM by vizique
Merited by Mbitr (1)

Piggy is currently in flight to USA. minerjones should receive him soon Smiley
I sent him a few days ago.
X

Viz

guigui371
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1693

C.D.P.E.M

View Profile
January 23, 2020, 03:37:56 AM

Hi,
This project is awesome.
Anyone selling a bull or a bear ?
cheers

it ain't much but it's honest work
Mbitr
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1321

Bitcoin needs you!

View Profile
January 23, 2020, 07:54:04 PM

Waney , pigs can fly !
@minerjones - can you do an update on this thread too please

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5183158.0

Smiley
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 2199

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2020, 03:34:00 PM

what is this? It popped up in my feed lol I must read up on this and see how to get one Smiley

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
daburone

Activity: 183
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 06, 2020, 06:47:22 PM

lol, how did I miss this :-)

DigiPiglet (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2021, 08:36:17 PM

Hey guys! The DigiPiglet Piggy Bank project is halted due to security concerns regarding the QR codes. I wanted to create an easy and safe alternative to hardware wallets and exchanges (with ledger being hacked just recently, I think the idea is not far fetched). However, as there are so many concerns with the creation of paper wallets, the printing process, the danger of compromised computer equipment involved in the process, and other issues, I've decided to put this project on hold. I will be on the lookout for scalable ways to create a secure paper wallet/physical BTC, so that it becomes much easier to give away a couple bucks in crypto. If I find a way, I will start a new project and create something more "covert".

As for the DigiPiglets, I am thinking about something new, so stay tuned Smiley

If anyone wants to contact me, feel free to connect on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/digipiglets/) or Twitter (https://twitter.com/DigiPiglets) Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: