Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:02:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Situation with Bitcoin and Alts  (Read 181 times)
tk808 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 04:32:59 PM
Last edit: September 12, 2019, 05:37:55 PM by tk808
Merited by LoyceV (1), livingfree (1)

I frequently view discussions about an upcoming "alt-coin season," meaning altcoins will reclaim lost dominance that has and is being captured by Bitcoin. In the current state, crypto is undergoing a transition, from being secluded in various of corners of the internet, breaking out and exposing itself to further integration into existing business, new businesses and society itself.

Altcoins are important for one factor, it's ever-evolving and changing. Bitcoin's capabilities will only go so far, but there are various of top blockchains that are gaining ground in various of niche's and territories that Bitcoin could never reclaim. There will be a realization soon by all investors in crypto, that many altcoins are undervalued with respect to their network size, the underlying tech behind them and the overall value these blockchains offer to the real-world.

There are many altcoins that are still heavily overpriced, despite experiencing alt-time lows-vs BTC pairing and there are many more alts that are heavily under priced (for their integration, network and functioning as a business) that will soon be realized by all. This is why, if the next major alt-season comes, the reigning thought is many shitcoins will die out. This is somewhat true, because in the end, if there is money to be made, it will be made regardless of what the shitcoin looks like.

My encouragement to everyone, is patience and understand exactly why you're holding or have invested in your particular altcoin or shitcoin. It may ultimately be sound reasoning to cut your losses short on a particular coin and delve into an existing, functioning business and highly active team around their particular blockchain or protocol. Money is to be made on alts, the time is ever looming on us all. Bitcoin is the leader, but crypto does not end with Bitcoin, it only ever started with Bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Christinebeauty
Copper Member

Activity: 420
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 05:47:51 PM

A lot of people still have the interest to invest in altcoins but the recent increase in bitcoin dominance and minor bitcoin bull runs have shifted their attention to bitcoin. I believe altcoins season will surely come before the year ends

MikeyVeez

Activity: 896
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 05:51:11 PM

A lot of people still have the interest to invest in altcoins but the recent increase in bitcoin dominance and minor bitcoin bull runs have shifted their attention to bitcoin. I believe altcoins season will surely come before the year ends
But Bitcoin bull run was caused mainly by good news that institutional investors are coming. But smart money will only Bitcoin, no altcoins. Don´t you think? What will cause then the price growth?

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 05:57:20 PM

But Bitcoin bull run was caused mainly by good news that institutional investors are coming. But smart money will only Bitcoin, no altcoins. Don´t you think? What will cause then the price growth?

If I had to guess, I'd say the answer is greed.

Once BTC rises as far as whales can take it, they'll then swim to smaller coins and look to make money there. Institutional investors undoubtedly will focus on BTC (possibly ETH too), but again, that'll only take BTC so far -- not like BTC will rise forever in a straight line.
Coltpython

Activity: 700
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2019, 06:09:22 PM

It seems to be a hard thing to do but cutting losses might be the best move. Most of these altcoins won't see their all time highs again, and worst still, most have their team leaders absconded from the project. If there will ever be an alts season, it will start from the new altcoins of 2019

Tylev

Activity: 854
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 06:15:27 PM

Very briefly and clearly written, I completely agree with you. Altcoins, which are based on tokens, in many cases have useful and working projects that develop even in a bearish cryptocurrency market, since in many respects they do not depend on the cryptocurrency, but work in real business. Therefore, such altcoins will sooner or later vseravno grow.
With universal coins its own peculiarity. Their functional qualities are appreciated there and in this regard, in many respects they have already overtaken bitcoin. Indeed, cryptocurrency does not end on bitcoin, it only begins with it.
Flux0z

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 07:24:02 PM

BTC is king, and it always will be, but it has some major flaws, like it or not.

On-chain, Bitcoin is capped at 7 tx/sec. The more activity the network sees, the slower transactions become.
As it grows in value, fees increase as well.
Lightning allows for a theoretically unlimited number of transactions at near-zero fees, but it has seen stagnant growth because there's little financial incentive for individuals to adopt it on their own.
XSN's solution involves using its decentralized Masternode network and the collateral locked in them to rout payments, act as watchtowers, and provide a ton of liquidity for transactions.
This will bolster Lightning without centralizing it.
Most masternodes projects has no purpose, but Stakenet actually makes use of all these servers standing idle all around the world.

As XSN is inflationary, the supply will slowly increase over time and allow more masternodes to participate.
With this design and approach, BTC will be able to scale and take on much heavier workloads without hitting any major bottlenecks down the road.

Additionally, XSN's masternodes are going to use lightning to restore some of BTC's inherent privacy and anonymity that was compromised by CEXs and KYC.
By embedding TOR into the network and implementing lightning atomic swaps, anyone will be able to instantly and privately swap a wide variety of coins without ever having to send them somewhere that is out of their control. This will greatly minimize the need for businesses that accept crypto to adopt 10 different types of coins as so many of them can be instantly swapped into BTC.
Imagine a standard Bitcoin qt wallet with an extra tab that offers everything that a full scale exchange has and you have the essence of Stakenet.

I'm a huge fan of Lightning, but don't like the centralized part of it - Seems like Stakenet got a solution to make it Decentralized, which is pretty damn cool.
The project aims to enhance the user experience of BTC and LTC payments with their upcoming dApps like their Lightning DEX, and Multi Currency Lightning Wallet.

What are you guys thoughts on this? Honestly if crypto ever goes mainstream, you'd be waiting WEEKS, if not MONTHS for your BTC and LTC transactions to arrive, which is simply not sustainable, let alone the increasing high fees.
I know there are crypto alternatives like NANO, but BTC will play a HUGE role in crypto moving forward, and needs to scale properly.
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 07:34:59 PM

What are you guys thoughts on this? Honestly if crypto ever goes mainstream, you'd be waiting WEEKS, if not MONTHS for your BTC and LTC transactions to arrive, which is simply not sustainable, let alone the increasing high fees.
I know there are crypto alternatives like NANO, but BTC will play a HUGE role in crypto moving forward, and needs to scale properly.

If crypto ever goes mainstream, I don't think it'll be in the form most here are thinking.

Mainstream = btc as a store of value, similar to gold + securities/assets being 'tokenized' (which has already occured with gold and some bond offerings). And as a currency, I think only a stablecoin could catch on. And I don't necessarily mean any stablecoin currently on the market but perhaps if a big player (not facebook) releases one, it might become popular.

I don't think mainstream means folks using btc as an everyday currency. Even if they iron out the speed issue, it's way too volatile to use outside of 3rd world countries with hyperinflation (and even there, other coins are probably better suited to that task).
livingfree

Activity: 2786
Merit: 578

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 08:00:17 PM

You have made a thread that's good to read. I agree with you in most of what you say but altcoins can never outperform bitcoin. It's the king and it's unbeatable although you're right in many ways with altcoins.

Like last 2017, there were so many altcoins that were overvalued despite on how crap the coin is, there's still value. I'm also seeing the same thing for the next bull run but there will be an elimination for alts before that time comes.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Bitbtc8

Activity: 1148
Merit: 116

View Profile
September 14, 2019, 05:30:42 PM

I frequently view discussions about an upcoming "alt-coin season," meaning altcoins will reclaim lost dominance that has and is being captured by Bitcoin. In the current state, crypto is undergoing a transition, from being secluded in various of corners of the internet, breaking out and exposing itself to further integration into existing business, new businesses and society itself.

Altcoins are important for one factor, it's ever-evolving and changing. Bitcoin's capabilities will only go so far, but there are various of top blockchains that are gaining ground in various of niche's and territories that Bitcoin could never reclaim. There will be a realization soon by all investors in crypto, that many altcoins are undervalued with respect to their network size, the underlying tech behind them and the overall value these blockchains offer to the real-world.

There are many altcoins that are still heavily overpriced, despite experiencing alt-time lows-vs BTC pairing and there are many more alts that are heavily under priced (for their integration, network and functioning as a business) that will soon be realized by all. This is why, if the next major alt-season comes, the reigning thought is many shitcoins will die out. This is somewhat true, because in the end, if there is money to be made, it will be made regardless of what the shitcoin looks like.

My encouragement to everyone, is patience and understand exactly why you're holding or have invested in your particular altcoin or shitcoin. It may ultimately be sound reasoning to cut your losses short on a particular coin and delve into an existing, functioning business and highly active team around their particular blockchain or protocol. Money is to be made on alts, the time is ever looming on us all. Bitcoin is the leader, but crypto does not end with Bitcoin, it only ever started with Bitcoin.
Bravo! your post consists of facts about what is happening around altcoins and bitcoin and also that altcoins aren't  going to vanish into thin air like many thinks, only useless tokens and coins will suffer huge defeat, its time investors start holding tokens on how good and usefulness they are

►           ►     enVoy            Sustainably Green Trust in Trade          ◄           ◄
►           ██  WHITEPAPER       ██  TWO PAGER       ██  TOKEN DECK           ◄
[vFacebook               [vTwitter               [vTelegram               [vMedium               [vLinkedin               [vReddit
jessyj48

Activity: 756
Merit: 14

View Profile
September 14, 2019, 05:41:02 PM

Bitcoin has its own major flaws accepted but bitcoin seem to be the major one that keeps the  crypto trust alive i guess its because its the king but i belief many altcoins will be by its side for many years to come and there will be no bitcoin without these altcoins either,i think they both need eachother to triumph for real

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: