Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:22:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Waves Desktop Wallet and Vostok Token Airdrop?  (Read 294 times)
jerry0 (OP)

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 05:04:00 PM

I have waves in my waves lite client.  I never downloaded the waves desktop client.  I leased my waves as well.

Can someone tell me what is the official waves site to download the desktop client?  Also when i do this, i need to type in my 12 word seed?  Or is this not necessary because i already have the waves lite client installed on my computer?

I also read that there is an airdrop for waves holders that was posted in another thread

https://blog.wavesplatform.com/vostok-token-airdrop-to-be-extended-1981fd5520aa

From what i see, this is legit.  So this has nothing to do with leasing right?  Have you or anyone here has done this?

I need to use the desktop client to do this right or can i with the lite client?  I never upgraded.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jerry0 (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 05:19:34 PM

Okay i downloaded the waves desktop client.  But when it ask me to import accounts,

I chosed waves lite client and then it says no accounts found

We were unable to retrieve your accounts.  Please restore them by using their backup seeds. 

And to click I understand

Is there a reason i got this message?  Do i need waves lite client opened before i click i understand?

So i have to put in my 12 word seed then?

jerry0 (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 05:45:07 PM

Can someone tell me how to use the desktop waves client account?  Why can i not import the way im doing it?  Do i need the lite waves client to be opened to do this i assume?

jerry0 (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 06:09:08 PM

I opened waves lite client and then opened the waves desktop client and pressed importing from the waves client and it does not work.

Is that because my old waves client is very old?

Can anyone here confirm you can no longer import account?  So the only way to use the desktop client is import account from the backup seed?  The option to import accounts from the waves client does not work...

jerry0 (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 07:28:45 PM

Bump can someone tell me how to use the desktop client and how to restore it?  I am using the lite client now and downloaded the desktop client.  But i cannot restore it using the lite client and have to enter my waves seed into it?
jerry0 (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 07:34:44 PM

https://docs.wavesplatform.com/en/waves-client/account-management/restore-an-account.html

Okay so type in my 15 word seed from waves.  Is everyone else 15 words or some ppl have 12?

Then i look and that waves address below should my waves address correct?

Then it ask you to put name for account and password.  I see it says enter a new password.  So choose a completely different password and do not use the same old waves password with lite waves client?

Then check all those 3 boxes?

So you cannot import from the waves client to the desktop?
jerry0 (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 08:01:01 PM

Can someone who went from lite waves client to desktop client tell me when you do this, do you use the same password for the lite waves client or you created a new one?  On the instructions, it says put a password but on the picture, it says to put a new password.  So if you use a new password, you log into your waves desktop client this way.  But what if you were to later log into the lite waves client?  Do you use the old password or the new one?  Or is the new password you use going to be the same for the desktop client and the lite client?
mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2019, 09:39:07 PM

To reach wallet 12 seed words are absolute. You should visit official site for desktop wallet. Indeed, since I have been using a desktop wallet for a long time, I can not give any exact information about the password. But you may need to re-create password.
cryptobae10

Activity: 658
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2019, 10:29:12 PM

I have waves in my waves lite client.  I never downloaded the waves desktop client.  I leased my waves as well.

Can someone tell me what is the official waves site to download the desktop client?  Also when i do this, i need to type in my 12 word seed?  Or is this not necessary because i already have the waves lite client installed on my computer?

I also read that there is an airdrop for waves holders that was posted in another thread

https://blog.wavesplatform.com/vostok-token-airdrop-to-be-extended-1981fd5520aa

From what i see, this is legit.  So this has nothing to do with leasing right?  Have you or anyone here has done this?

I need to use the desktop client to do this right or can i with the lite client?  I never upgraded.

If you are having issues concerning the waves dex platform site
Just go to google play store or ios Apple store

And get the waves platform app
Then you log in with your seed
jerry0 (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 11:10:00 PM

My seed is 15 words.  After i type it in, when it ask for a password, do i use a new one or use the old waves lite client?

If i use a new one, that means i log into my desktop waves client with the new password but what about the old lite client?  Would that be new password as well?
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 08:48:14 AM

I don't really understand how the waves platform works and it's very bad for business, because the backbone of a business is creating a user friendly platform that everyone can understand, and this is the mistake most blockchain company makes by focusing on just creating the project and not focusing on creating a user friendly platform, this is also the reason why steemit is losing lots of users because their platform is not user friendly.
estenity

Activity: 1918
Merit: 535

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 07:45:24 AM

an explanation of seed and password:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5130942.msg50606462#msg50606462
jerry0 (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 07:27:35 PM

Hey all.  I downloaded the waves desktop wallet.

I want to get the vostok token airdrop. I asked this in another thread and it seems like its safe downloading the waves keeper wallet right?  There are two ways to get the airdrop... either downloading waves keeper or sending tiny amount of waves for airdrop.  Is it safer sending small amount of waves instead of downloading something unnecessary?

Also to those who got the 1st airdrop, can others tell me what they got from it?  Example you had 500 waves.  You got so and so and this was worth around x much usd?
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2019, 07:32:10 PM

You should always make sure you download a good wallet and scan it for viruses, also you should ask on their topic if they had one what steps are need so you can get the airdrop. But if they ask to send waves to get tokens means you will pay and that means is not an airdrop.
jerry0 (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 07:44:09 PM

Well its from the actual waves official site.  So isn't that pretty much legit?

There are 2 step.  One is download waves keeper and verify it.  Other is sending tiny bit of waves like 0.001 to get the airdrop...
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2019, 08:08:49 PM

There are 2 step.  One is download waves keeper and verify it.  Other is sending tiny bit of waves like 0.001 to get the airdrop...

If is from official site and you check is the real official site then is ok. If waves keeper is from official site then use it and you should be ok and get airdrop.
bitstalker

Activity: 383
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 08:13:46 PM

I think downloading a desktop wallet is not necessary because for what the waves holders are struggling to do while on the platform they always take advantage of blockchain snapshots and I'm sure the waves will definitely do the same so just wait until the results of the snapshot are recorded and wait for the airdrop distribution
Jcga
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1089

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 08:31:16 PM

If is from official site and you check is the real official site then is ok. If waves keeper is from official site then use it and you should be ok and get airdrop.

Holding and leasing waves since Ico in 2016, I have "registered" for Vostok Airdrop 2 by sending 0.001 waves to a certain address.

All info => https://vostok.wavesplatform.com/

🚀IRRESISTIBLE "Crypto Collectibles" 👉 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=217.0
jerry0 (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 09:00:33 PM

Hi there.  Is the reason yu sent 0.001 waves to a certain address as oppose to downloading the waves keeper for security purposes?  Thus you don't want to download anymore programs that might be security risk?
Jcga
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1089

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 09:45:47 PM

Hi there.  Is the reason yu sent 0.001 waves to a certain address as oppose to downloading the waves keeper for security purposes?  Thus you don't want to download anymore programs that might be security risk?

Hi jerry0 how are you, "oppose to downloading the waves keeper for security purposes" not at all, I was away and with not much time. Waves keeper is much like metamask, scatter etc. No problem I do trust waves about security.

Still a good question. I'm not an expert in security.

Will I install and use waves keeper? Yes i will, you?

🚀IRRESISTIBLE "Crypto Collectibles" 👉 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=217.0
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: