Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:04:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for alternative to Bitmex, WCEX.com?  (Read 373 times)
thegoatiest (OP)

Activity: 200
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 07:38:31 PM

Hi,
I'm looking for another exchange that has all the order types Bitmex has, but that also has the option to trade commodities like gold, silver e.t.c.
I was recommended Wcex.com and it's great, really nice exchange - but..... I read a review that said it was very untrustworthy being an 'offshore broker'
the main issue the review had with this exchange: "The broker has been launched very recently and is not licensed, nor monitored by any authority. "
Also the owners are pseudo-anonymous..

So, that does all sound a bit shady.
Are there others like Wcex.com? Able to trade crypto, commodoties - with leverage and advanced order types?
Thanks,
TG
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
akamit

Activity: 1484
Merit: 595

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 07:59:29 PM

I don't know any alternatives of Bitmex or WCEX which I should recommend, but I performed a quick search for you and I found this thread.

You may want to check the thread if some has recommended any good alternatives or not.
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1020

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 07:59:43 PM

Trying to find out some feedbacks with Wcex.com and i cant find anything.I cant point out any exchange that would match up with current Bitmex.
Do you have any problems with it?If you are concern with other assets like gold silver or other commodities then you can just simply use up forex/stocks brokers.

airbet 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
 PLAY NOW 
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 09:30:14 PM

Deribit (click for link) offers perpetual contracts similar to that of Bitmex's AFAIK (though I do not currently have an account on the site). Leverage for BTC is up to 100x and up to 10x for alts, and if you've used Bitmex before you'll feel at home on Deribit. Volume's lower on Deribit compared to Bitmex, but the site still works just fine.

As for WCEX, I did some searching around and found this thread on the exchange (click for link). Doesn't look too legit to me.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 12:03:56 AM
Merited by dbshck (4)

No legal Bitcoin related platform allows you to invest in legacy assets with Bitcoin. You really have to use a registered/licensed legacy broker for that, but obviously, you can only use fiat there.

IIRC, I have seen a video last year where the founders of Robinhood were looking at the possibilities of allowing people to deposit Bitcoin and trade legacy assets, but I haven't heard anything about it afterwards.

What I also don't know is how the settlement of the trades work. It could very well be that they convert the coins to fiat before they actually allow you to buy into stocks for example.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 12:20:06 AM

Hi,
I'm looking for another exchange that has all the order types Bitmex has, but that also has the option to trade commodities like gold, silver e.t.c.
I was recommended Wcex.com and it's great, really nice exchange - but..... I read a review that said it was very untrustworthy being an 'offshore broker'
the main issue the review had with this exchange: "The broker has been launched very recently and is not licensed, nor monitored by any authority. "

Are there others like Wcex.com? Able to trade crypto, commodoties - with leverage and advanced order types?
Thanks,
TG

Well, having an anonymous owner would really be shaddy. You should've posted the review you have read about Wcex.com for other readers reference. Another thing commodities such as gold, silver, etc. are most likely traded via fiat, haven't heard a site nor people trading commodities with crypto.

joniboini
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1789

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2019, 03:17:45 AM

IIRC, I have seen a video last year where the founders of Robinhood were looking at the possibilities of allowing people to deposit Bitcoin and trade legacy assets, but I haven't heard anything about it afterwards.

An exchange called DX.Exchange already allows you to use Bitcoin/crypto to buy stocks (the stocks will be held by third-party providers though), but they're still less than ideal to be used regularly.

Maybe that will be a common thing in the future but at this moment, it is far from an enjoyable experience.

Btw OP, have you heard about eToro? I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for but you can trade several assets over there.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
emmybd

Activity: 1218
Merit: 112

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2019, 05:09:10 AM

WCEX is a relatively new exchange, so it can't be trusted. If you are looking for alternative to Bitmex then Deribit is very much similar to it. You can certainly give it a try.

Bitinity
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1310

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 09:02:42 AM

Trying to find out some feedbacks with Wcex.com and i cant find anything.I cant point out any exchange that would match up with current Bitmex.
Do you have any problems with it?If you are concern with other assets like gold silver or other commodities then you can just simply use up forex/stocks brokers.

Wcex has very bad reputation in most brokers review site, almost all review sites give them 1 star only out of 5 stars. Indeed we cant rely on such review sites, but if most review sites has the same rating then high possibility that the reviews are reliable enough.
I myself not a fan of forex or other stocks trading, but if OP is looking for crypto exchanges with the options to trade such commodities then I think it is hard to find it. Even if there are some, but it will be hard to choose which one is the most reliable site.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Haunebu

Activity: 3038
Merit: 969

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 09:51:56 AM

Stay away from Wcex op. I know several people who faced severe problems thanks to that exchange which is why it is way better to rely on reliable exchanges instead of risking your money by investing in this new exchange. Check these reviews:

https://www.forexbrokerz.com/brokers/wcx-review

https://theforexreview.com/2018/10/25/wcex-review/

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
thegoatiest (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 09:56:51 AM

Hey all, thanks for the replies.
the above post, that is the review I read that got me wandering.
I then moved on to read a glowing 4 star review..
https://bitreview.com/trade/wcex/

But, the negative review - seemed much more compelling.
---

My problem with Bitmex is the 'overloaded' BS. It makes things stressful. Deribit not have this issue?
I would like to trade Forex too - with leverage. It doesn't have to be with crypto.. so I guess I need to start looking at forex brokers, any idea where to start finding trustworthy ones?
thegoatiest (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 10:56:24 AM

Here's a good reason why I do not trust Bitmex. At. All:

“Deribit has key advantages over BitMEX during periods of High Volume. Average order execution at Deribit is only a few msec. While the average transaction speed at bitmex is 20-40x longer in a stable market with the difference increasing during high volume”.

In other words, that means Deribit will have no overload. Deribit’s team has already successfully tested 1,000 orders per trading block per second. They know their system can handle at least 5,000 orders per second. BitMEX, meanwhile, can handle approximately 500 orders per second before being overloaded.
"
https://bitcoinexchangeguide.com/bitmex-vs-deribit-review-which-crypto-trading-exchange-is-best/

So, the UKs youngest Billionaire (i gather) who owns Bitmex, can't afford to upgrade his computer.
If deribit can handle more orders per second - it shows it can be done. It also proves Bitmex have a keen interest in not fixing it. (sure we all knew that ...)
So, Bitmex use a trading desk against their customers... and they give us a criminally underpowered system - guaranteed to break as soon as any volume comes in.... designed to break/overload if you believe the above quote.

I registered at Deribit - they seem good. Thanks for the suggestion.
I will hedge my bets however.... half at one half at the other...(always best) - with the majority of my funds at Binance.
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1020

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 05:03:27 PM

Wcex has very bad reputation in most brokers review site, almost all review sites give them 1 star only out of 5 stars. Indeed we cant rely on such review sites, but if most review sites has the same rating then high possibility that the reviews are reliable enough.
I myself not a fan of forex or other stocks trading, but if OP is looking for crypto exchanges with the options to trade such commodities then I think it is hard to find it. Even if there are some, but it will be hard to choose which one is the most reliable site.
On most cases then having 1 star rating with several number of review sites will already indicate not good reputation so with just common sense we would need to avoid it.

Try https://simplefx.com, you can find some assets to be traded on.

airbet 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
 PLAY NOW 
akamit

Activity: 1484
Merit: 595

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 07:54:24 PM

Try https://simplefx.com, you can find some assets to be traded on.
Hey Zad, are you sure in suggesting simplefx? Afair I have seen many scam accusations in the past. But not sure if those accusations were solved or not. Please check!
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 08:57:02 PM

So, the UKs youngest Billionaire (i gather) who owns Bitmex, can't afford to upgrade his computer.
If deribit can handle more orders per second - it shows it can be done. It also proves Bitmex have a keen interest in not fixing it. (sure we all knew that ...)
So, Bitmex use a trading desk against their customers... and they give us a criminally underpowered system - guaranteed to break as soon as any volume comes in.... designed to break/overload if you believe the above quote.

It all comes down to the serverload. Deribit can handle more transactions per second because their servers are less stressed than Bitmex's servers. If you're a relatively smaller pocket trader, Deribit is a very decent alternative, but if you are a whale you will need Bitmex's depth to have your positions fill.

Sure, one could say that they should upgrade their servers and trading engine to allow more transaction throughput, which is a fair point, but this is something that can take a good year to tweak, because every change, regardless of how subtle it is, can change the user experience significantly.

As for their trading desk, it's quite odd that they openly admit to actually have their own market makers trading, but Deribit may have one operating too, which they don't tell anyone about. I by default assume that regardless of the exchange I use (spot or derivatives), the exchange is trading against its users. Why wouldn't they? They can front run anyone's orders, see how much fiat is entering or leaving, etc.
dominos

Activity: 283
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 09:26:17 PM

I saw some time ago the advertisement of PrimeXBT, but I really didn't use this website, maybe there are some people who can tell more about this site!?
Bitcotalk

Activity: 966
Merit: 517

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 08:27:15 PM

I think there are already lots of other alternatives to BitMEX. The exchange is a good one and lots of traders prefer them due to what they have to offer which includeshaving no ID verification, unlimited withdrawal, excellent system and a lot more. If you need another alternative, then you should consider Bitfinex. Other ones I know are not really popular.
Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1781

฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 10:45:38 PM

All I can say is don't ever make a mistake of using WCEX.
They are shady as a fuck and untrustworthy. I was there in 2017 when it was being launched. We wasted time to promote exchange through referrals but never got a single penny out of our sweat. The owner just simple went silent over their communication channels.

They just returned later on when the storm had settled down and from what i can see, looks like some people who even went ahead and later on used it have had challenges with the platform.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 10:51:21 PM

Companies that already offer various trade options and are licensed in the major markets do not have the means to operate accepting deposits or withdrawals using Bitcoins. What they offer are papers. There is no interaction with Blockchain. This occurs not only with Bitcoins but also with gold and several other products. There is no obligation to own that good to negotiate.

That is, it is just a comfortable way to speculate by complying with all legal requirements and offering low risk to the company.

If you want to withdraw or deposit Bitcoin at a trading table and speculate with them, you will have to take a number of risks including depositing Bitcoin in a company whose owners and headquarters are completely unknown.
Bitinity
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1310

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 09:02:19 AM

I saw some time ago the advertisement of PrimeXBT, but I really didn't use this website, maybe there are some people who can tell more about this site!?

Are you referring to PrimeXBT that gave a huge promotions but requires fishy requirements in order to claim the prize? The users who are managed the official thread of the site is also have some negative trust, so I would not even use it for single cent.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
traderethereum

Activity: 2856
Merit: 574

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2019, 11:01:37 AM

How about https://www.okcoin.com?
Do you know that site? okcoin offers leverage too as bitmex. In a year ago, I used that site to do leverage trading and then I found bitmex. I still prefer with bitmex to do leveraged trading, and I like the interface of the website. So I move all of my balance into bitmex and start using bitmex until now.
Maybe you can check that site first before you deposit and don't forget to check they are doing KYC or not.
LUCKMCFLY
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 1848

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2019, 07:44:50 PM

Hi,

Thanks,
TG

Actually another Exchange with the features that Bitmex is difficult to find, and if you want it with stocks of metals or with the Stock Market and that is reliable I think it is a bit difficult, since an Exchange that has time and history does not comply with the In fact, many new Exchanges have become SCAM ...Nowadays you have to be careful, recently there was an Exchange with those characteristics and the funds deposited by the clients were not returned, that's why the correct way to look for an Exchange is to have good opinions in your forum threads and verify if Support that lends is good.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
gr3y

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 07:31:46 AM

I haven't had an issue at all with PrimeXBT but my picks for best bitmex replacements are:

1. Bybit
2. Deribit
3. PrimeXBT

...Here's a quick review of all 3 bitmex alternatives.
Mike26

Activity: 5

View Profile
October 16, 2019, 03:23:48 PM

Why not try meritforex as your broker on metatrader4 or metatrader5....they also have crypto exchange on it....hope is helping....don't want to ads some broker...but they do really have crypto market on it
cryptoadvocate

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 16, 2019, 03:52:20 PM

Bybit is the best option for margin trading these days.

Posted an in depth review of the platform if you want to learn more

https://www.cryptoadvocate.net/post/bybit-review
Joe Black

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 27, 2019, 09:47:12 PM

Wcx is a scam broker!

After depositing your funds and trading (at least 30 BTC) they will disable your account! No answers and explanation from WCEX why!

So obviously fraud!
Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1781

฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

View Profile
November 27, 2019, 10:09:04 PM

Wcx is a scam broker!

After depositing your funds and trading (at least 30 BTC) they will disable your account! No answers and explanation from WCEX why!

So obviously fraud!
Could you please open up a scam accusation in this baord: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=83.0 with some proof like screenshots, chat logs and transaction IDs.

Honestly WCX  is very shady and i wouldn't recommend anyone to use it. They scammed people who did referrals for them back then in 2017 and never paid them a single cent. I just didn't have enough evidence to open up a scam accusation but if i do i will open up one soon

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██