Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:59:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Phishing myetherwallet site  (Read 904 times)
D3m1r4wanti (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 06:53:35 AM
Merited by bitbollo (1), Arian247 (1)

some time ago I opened the Myetherwallet site to make a transaction, but I was directed to another tab in the browser that I used with a slightly different address but with the exact same appearance.

https://myetherwallet.com-eth.network/index.php?

exactly the same as the original website,

https://www.myetherwallet.com/

I hope this can be our shared awareness,
because not only were they new sites that were phishing, but the Vintage website from MEW also experienced the same incident.

https://myetherwallet.com-eth.network/vintage/index.php?key=9090

and exactly the same as the original website.

https://vintage.myetherwallet.com/#send-transaction

always bookmark some important websites and ignore pop ups when you surf the internet. because it might be one of the phishing attempts.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
damsix
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 46

Id Telegram : @dam_six

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2019, 07:52:09 AM

ahhhaa i like that  bruh !
You are real person accept Suprise from SCAMMER , Congrats . LOL  Grin

Real Pishing Website and i hope you avoid them and leave !
Thanks a lot of for report in this thread mate !

Salaam Youtuber Indonesia

Pffrt

Activity: 1372
Merit: 322

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 07:52:59 AM

Thank you for sharing this. Scammers are everywhere. I just created a thread people trying to scam money with the name of binance dex testnet launch and giveaway. There's a lot of phishing sites. Don't use any site from google search, better you bookmark the sites you used to use regularly.
Awesomus Maximus

Activity: 392
Merit: 66

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 08:11:18 AM

Can you give more details? In particular what I would like to know is how and why were you redirected? Did you visit any insecure site? These redirectons should not happen unless your computer is infected with viruses or you visit some scam websites. Were you using the latest version of the browser and what browser you were using?
Pffrt

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 08:50:44 AM

Can you give more details? In particular what I would like to know is how and why were you redirected? Did you visit any insecure site? These redirectons should not happen unless your computer is infected with viruses or you visit some scam websites. Were you using the latest version of the browser and what browser you were using?
Generally when you search in google, you will get the official linm byt in some case, those scams sites however manage to rank in number 1 in google rank and people generally don't notice the url and get redirected to the scam sites.
Awesomus Maximus

Activity: 392
Merit: 66

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 09:29:10 AM

Generally when you search in google, you will get the official linm byt in some case, those scams sites however manage to rank in number 1 in google rank and people generally don't notice the url and get redirected to the scam sites.
OK, I understand now. That could explain it. The OP was not typing the Myetherwallet URL directly in the address bar. He was using Google to open the site, which is a very very bad practice. The scam sites do not need to rank in number 1 organically. They can buy Google ads to get on top of the search results. The moral of the story: never go to Myetherwallet via Google and always double check the URL!
D3m1r4wanti (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 02:29:16 PM

ok I tell you more about my experience,
at first I was opening the Etherscan site (https://etherscan.io/) then when I entered my wallet address and I pressed the search button, I was directed to the phishing address.
there seems to be an invisible pop up blocking the search button so that when I press the button I am directed to enter the phishing address they made.
for information, I use the latest version of Google Chrome.
Mahanton

Activity: 2688
Merit: 625

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 04:00:56 PM

at first I was opening the Etherscan site (https://etherscan.io/) then when I entered my wallet address and I pressed the search button, I was directed to the phishing address.
there seems to be an invisible pop up blocking the search button so that when I press the button I am directed to enter the phishing address they made.
You sure you have used that etherscan website? Or you just end up with another fake etherscan? Tried to search there are no other fake sites with etherscan so this incident is
really weird.If theres a hidden pop-up when you do press out search then most likely your pc do have some sort of malware.Try to have some pc scan on your AV.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
rysea2

Activity: 407
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 04:13:57 PM

I haven't heard of a phishing site for ethereum wallets for a long time, but it seems they always pop up and try to snatch all the coins we have. Indeed, it is very difficult to distinguish between the original and not because it is very similar. But if you remain cautious and also always be vigilant if there is an acceptability.

Pffrt

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 05:16:25 AM

Then it's a malware in your browser or device. I think you better re set up your device and use any reputed anti virus. Otherwise, the chances of being scammed is high for you. Do it ASAP.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 05:57:18 AM
Last edit: April 15, 2019, 06:14:04 AM by batang_bitcoin

Guys just bookmark MEW so you won't be a victim of phishing link.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
pealr12

Activity: 1946
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 12:53:16 PM

Correct!  This is the safest way to access mew wallet without any worries that you are on a phishing website.  This might help to some mew users.
Jandel13

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 12:56:18 PM

Thanks for the Information. I will pass down this to all forum I had
D3m1r4wanti (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 01:29:27 PM

You sure you have used that etherscan website? Or you just end up with another fake etherscan? Tried to search there are no other fake sites with etherscan so this incident is
really weird.If theres a hidden pop-up when you do press out search then most likely your pc do have some sort of malware.Try to have some pc scan on your AV.
yes it seems like that, I also began to feel uncomfortable with the browser that I am currently using, I will try to update the anti-virus on my laptop. to prevent the spread of malware.
sehoon

Activity: 840

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 02:52:28 PM

There are warning posted in the real site. Like what should the address look like and the appearance of the original hasn't changed since I started joining there. P.S I don't know if the site developed or changed. Those phishing sites are not new. There are a lot of them where if you put your wallet information in order to log in to your account, it's already over.

The Seller

Activity: 397

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 07:55:28 PM

I think it's really very worrying when many people make phishing sites that aim only to steal what others have. Honestly, I have found a number of sites like that, but I am always vigilant by researching and doing the correct entry method. And for beginners, I recommend that you keep cautious because phishing sites are almost identical to the original site.

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 10:33:25 PM

Correct!  This is the safest way to access mew wallet without any worries that you are on a phishing website.  This might help to some mew users.
It has been a problem of most beginners ever since but with the simplest solution for it, this will reduce the possibility of landing to a phishing site.

Because you are aware of what's the exact URL address and you have bookmarked it.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Pffrt

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 03:26:11 AM

Both of you have missed his point. He was in right website for checking the balance, etherscan. When he pasted his address and clicked for search, he was redirected to the phishing site. Bookmarking site can't do anything here although we must ensure the url. His device is infected with some kind of malware.
D3m1r4wanti (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 04:58:58 AM

ahhhaa i like that  bruh !
You are real person accept Suprise from SCAMMER , Congrats . LOL  Grin

Real Pishing Website and i hope you avoid them and leave !
Thanks a lot of for report in this thread mate !

Salaam Youtuber Indonesia

ok, bro ... this is just a reminder to each other, there's nothing wrong with sharing experiences that could endanger the assets of our friends here especially for those who are beginners.
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1127

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 05:33:12 PM

Both of you have missed his point. He was in right website for checking the balance, etherscan. When he pasted his address and clicked for search, he was redirected to the phishing site. Bookmarking site can't do anything here although we must ensure the url. His device is infected with some kind of malware.
People dont really have that time to read up and just posting replies which isnt really connected at all.It is indeed OP is on the right url of etherscan but clicking out that
search bar do redirects him on a phishing site.

This is why i dont really get paying attention when it comes to pop-out yet im not really expecting for etherscan to have it on the very first place.Always verify things out before
logging in any wallet.This is really have connection with malware problem because on typical etherscan search it wont really give you such phishing attempts.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: