Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:04:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Phishing myetherwallet site  (Read 906 times)
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
June 07, 2019, 02:27:08 AM

I make exceptions to careless people and keep searching manually. it could happen due to carelessness or human error.
Hurry or forget it can happen to anyone. right?
I understand what you mean, wrong and forget about the nature that exists in every human being.
but this experience I got when I entered the correct website. then it turns out there is a hidden pop up that I might click on and I am taken to the phishing address.
I installed adblock on my chrome, maybe that could help.
I agree with you, and be careful better. I also bookmark to avoid fishing.
Thats right , adblock can help block sites that pops out automaticaly but i think ad block cant block malware that is already infected the devices . You still need a good antivirus and you must always update its database  .  Bookmarking the original site url is also the last but but not the least that everyone should do  just to make sure that we are only accesing the correct website and not the phished ones    .

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
danga1000

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2019, 07:26:38 AM

Wow, thank you man,

many people use many ways to get money, but this one people consider same as really bad people
mustaqeemch6

Activity: 179
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 07, 2019, 09:58:29 AM

Some months ago .i was using my ether wallet.when  i try to login by accidently am reach to pishing site but i ignore .and loged in to my ether wallet using pvt key .   Shocked after some days I lost my all asset. so i recomend to all users use safely and beactive then using my etherwallet. now am using mobile wallets. i think its safe way.if anyone have new advice pls tell here.iam very scare about this.i dnt want lost again.
moynul2050

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2019, 01:19:12 PM
Last edit: June 07, 2019, 01:44:49 PM by moynul2050

I installed adblock on my chrome, maybe that could help.
I agree with you, and be careful better. I also bookmark to avoid fishing.
like I did, I also installed adblock on the browser that I use (Google Chrome)
because scammers do everything to get money fraudulently.

Bookmarks are also one of the best ways to prevent scammers who are getting smarter at making crime traps.

You can add the Adblock Plus extension to your Google Chrome here:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/adblocker%20plus?utm_source=chrome-ntp-icon

lepbagong

Activity: 2282
Merit: 121

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
June 07, 2019, 03:04:52 PM

Wow, thank you man,

many people use many ways to get money, but this one people consider same as really bad people
But we are sure there are still many who are good, as this friend wants to tell anyone to be vigilant because many who abuse their intelligence only to seek illegal profits. this is often a lot of people who are deceived because they are not careful, actually small things can be done so that it does not happen, make it a habit to use bookmarks if you often go to websites that you often open, without the need to repeat writing on google which might lead to fraudulent websites.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
Departure

Activity: 1204
Merit: 288

View Profile
June 07, 2019, 05:23:54 PM

Be careful

This is one of the most popular ways of social engineering.

It is absolutely easy to make a website absolutely similar in design to text content and this is one of the most popular ways of phishing.
lavara

Activity: 532
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2019, 01:47:57 AM

У мeня тoжe был cлyчaй.Увeли кoшeлёк мoй myetherwal -нa бaлaнce былo oкoлo 100 дoл ,и эти дeньги были мнoй зapaбoтaны в интepнeтe. To ecть мнe нe жaлкo,нo кaк мoгли взлoмaть-ocтaётcя дo cиx пop зaгaдкoй. WinkГлaвнoe cкaчaть кoшeлёк нa кoмп и тoгдa мoжeшь cпoкoйнo зaxoдить и pacпopяжaтcя cвoими дeньгaми.

fourpiece

Activity: 821
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 08, 2019, 08:21:04 AM

Every users of myetherewallet shoul pay attention when signing in on thier wallets they should always check first the url if its correct or not, some users are not aware on this cause as long as they recognize the same display and details like the original one, they will continue without knowing that their tokens are in danger.

D3m1r4wanti (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 11:39:06 AM

У мeня тoжe был cлyчaй.Увeли кoшeлёк мoй myetherwal -нa бaлaнce былo oкoлo 100 дoл ,и эти дeньги были мнoй зapaбoтaны в интepнeтe. To ecть мнe нe жaлкo,нo кaк мoгли взлoмaть-ocтaётcя дo cиx пop зaгaдкoй. WinkГлaвнoe cкaчaть кoшeлёк нa кoмп и тoгдa мoжeшь cпoкoйнo зaxoдить и pacпopяжaтcя cвoими дeньгaми.
please use English, I made this discussion on a global thread,
if you want to discuss with a local language, you can enter in your local country thread, thank you. Wink
paul_ammit

Activity: 38

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 03:33:56 PM

Quite common stuff now. Applies not only for MEW but for other platforms as well (Social Networks, Crypto Trading Platforms, etc.)
jvdp

Activity: 1148
Merit: 523

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 07:48:52 PM

Many people copying the template of MyEtherwallet and use it scam the users. Many people got trapped in this problem. I am not sure who is going to give the solution for it.

I believe every users needs to secure themselves with the security options and keep access the wallet checking the URL.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Johnzky

Activity: 616
Merit: 30

View Profile
June 15, 2019, 03:25:16 AM

That’s why it was advisable that everything in internet that needs our account to be logged in must be Bookmarked because hackers are great in their skills so if we don’t make precautionary measures for sure we will victimized.this must served as lesson for everyone who’s reading here to always BOOKMARKED important site that we usually used
cryptoman8888

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 06:36:28 AM

its better a use a linux usb drive pc everytime there is a need to connect to wallets or exchange.

No need to install the OS, just let it run on the USB drive, everytime it starts its a like a new PC.

much more safer works well.
CryptoCraze11

Activity: 142
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 25, 2019, 01:43:05 PM

some time ago I opened the Myetherwallet site to make a transaction, but I was directed to another tab in the browser that I used with a slightly different address but with the exact same appearance.

https://myetherwallet.com-eth.network/index.php?

exactly the same as the original website,

https://www.myetherwallet.com/

I hope this can be our shared awareness,
because not only were they new sites that were phishing, but the Vintage website from MEW also experienced the same incident.

https://myetherwallet.com-eth.network/vintage/index.php?key=9090

and exactly the same as the original website.

https://vintage.myetherwallet.com/#send-transaction

always bookmark some important websites and ignore pop ups when you surf the internet. because it might be one of the phishing attempts.

Thanks for sharing this excellent info. We have similar hack in 2018 where ethereum worth 150000 were stolen by hackers. Just by following few simple guidelines you can avoid huge losses.

██   ██████████████         1xBit.com     |     BENEFIT SEASON          ██████████████  ██
7 B T C   W E L C O M E   B O N U S
██                       P L A Y   N O W                       ██
XXXgames

Activity: 434
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 25, 2019, 03:16:47 PM

Thanks For the inform to us sir !
atliens99

Activity: 392
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 25, 2019, 07:42:10 PM

Its a sad world that many people have to resort to theft in order to survive.  These phishing sites will never cease to exist until there is more equality in the world.
CryptoPowerL

Activity: 358
Merit: 29

ASO Service

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 01:09:52 PM

People lose their cryptocurrency only by stupidity. Neglect of safety practices leads to the loss of its cryptocurrency. I read a lot of stories that people lost their cryptocurrency through their own fault, no one even hacked them.
mirawantirinjana

Activity: 700
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 04:23:40 PM

People lose their cryptocurrency only by stupidity. Neglect of safety practices leads to the loss of its cryptocurrency. I read a lot of stories that people lost their cryptocurrency through their own fault, no one even hacked them.
Most of them are trapped by their ignorance, or because of their heartlessness.
therefore the OP may aim to provide them with experience and knowledge to be more careful and not be trapped because of ignorance.
trysetya11

Activity: 447
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 06:25:45 PM

My email was hitted by some mail, that named is myetherwallet with title "ETH HARDFORK" and when i click the button on the message its redirected to some phising/scam like myetherwallet site's.

The question, where they(the scammers) know my email? because i never linked my myetherwallet account to my email account.
carlfebz2

Activity: 2926
Merit: 724

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 06:30:29 PM

My email was hitted by some mail, that named is myetherwallet with title "ETH HARDFORK" and when i click the button on the message its redirected to some phising/scam like myetherwallet site's.

The question, where they(the scammers) know my email? because i never linked my myetherwallet account to my email account.
No,it doesnt work that way.Your email might have been exposed where you might able to register or input it into other services/websites.
When theres a leakage or those email list had been solved out and been bought then scammers or hackers do mass sending with those phishing emails
just hoping for someone to be hooked up.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: