Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:26:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Isn't this copy-paste? [plagiarism] [user=yogg]  (Read 481 times)
The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 2172

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2019, 02:13:50 PM

First we should know what is plagiarism;
plagiarism
/ˈpleɪdʒərɪz(ə)m/
 Learn to pronounce
noun
the practice of taking someone else's work or ideas and passing them off as one's own.
"there were accusations of plagiarism"

So first thing is user yogg had not copy pasted someone else's post that's why it wouldn't subject to ban in my opinions. And you have mentioned only two post. Not sure how many same reply he had made.

Copy paste own reply isn't wise but I don't think he deserve ban just for 2 post. If make multiple same post then it will be consider spam and post will removed. Previously I have report same who have made multiple post like more that TEN, some of them nuked and some of them just remove post only. Perhaps its depend on rank.

However, I don't think yogg deserve ban for that. Did you opened this thread because you have tagged by him?

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lobcmt2

Activity: 462
Merit: 155

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 02:53:06 PM
Merited by The Cryptovator (1)

Coolcryptovator posted a definition of plagiarism, but why not sticking with theymos' opinion on this?
Here is a theymos' opinion on plagiarism.
Plagiarism is what gets people permabanned, not just copying. Plagiarism is copying with the intent of passing the work off as your own. In essentially all cases, plagiarism deserves a permaban because it usually proves definitively that the person is here for the wrong reasons: to fill up space in order to get paid, not to actually discuss or contribute. If someone was able to convince us that they were plagiarizing just to eg. impress people rather than to fill up space, then a lesser ban of a few months might instead be warranted. But this has never happened AFAICR. (Arguments based on plausible deniability aren't going to work; we don't need to prove that you had the motive we see in your actions.)

If you treat posting as a job, a chore, then you must live in fear, since the forum is not made for you. In this case, you need to blend in as someone who actually cares, but plagiarism will immediately out you, and producing a mountain of useless posts will also eventually be noticed, if more slowly. If you do actually care, then this will be obvious in your posts (and probably your merit score), and you will have nothing to fear from moderators; even allegations of plagiarism will be doubted when seen in the context of your other posts.

in extreme cases could be copyright theft?

Plagiarism is almost always a copyright violation which could conceivably get the poster in a lot of trouble, but it's not a bigger legal issue for the forum than anything else. (Using the forum to violate copyright is never allowed, though.)

when copying and pasting from the net can it lower google rankings? and internal copy and past could do the same thing?

That's not a particular concern of mine.

even memes may soon constitute copyright theft

Only in the EUSSR.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 04:20:34 PM

Excited to read responses!
I guessed that your excitement ran out when no one has sided with your accusation/argument. Obviously the only reason why you have posted this is you wanted yogg to be permabanned in the forum which you have not got. If you only know the basic grounds for plagiarism are you wouldn't look stupid just by posting this now.
akamit

Activity: 1484
Merit: 595

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 07:21:29 PM

I don't know how far is it acceptable by this forum but i am damn sure if it was any lower rank account, it would have been permanently banned.
Forum rules are for everyone, no matter what is your rank or your rep.
What you thought, a member with 6 years of forum age don't know the rules? It is those lower ranks don't follow the rules.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: