Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:34:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are people losing faith?  (Read 3421 times)
Bemtje

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 08:49:42 PM

Very low risk investment if you get good deals on parts.

They make great gaming systems should you decide to sell them.

Remember people, if you invest $20k for example, you still have the hardware to show for it.

I've been mining since May, generated over $10k. I can easily break even on the money I invested in all the hardware if I were to sell it. - Low risk if you ask me.

P.S. Why the hate and assumptions of me BS'ing?
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
btc_artist

Activity: 154
Merit: 101

Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2011, 09:19:28 PM

> Why are people losing faith?

I don't think they are.

BTC: 1CDCLDBHbAzHyYUkk1wYHPYmrtDZNhk8zf
LTC: LMS7SqZJnqzxo76iDSEua33WCyYZdjaQoE
galambo

Activity: 966
Merit: 311

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 02:45:33 AM
Last edit: July 21, 2012, 04:02:11 AM by galambo

Bitcoin will continue to decrease in value to real world money until people actually start using it for something.
Explodicle

Activity: 950
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 03:04:38 AM

Bitcoin will continue to decrease in value to real world money until people actually start using it for something.

Huh?
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Trade
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2011, 03:44:26 AM

Huh?

On an interesting Note: Lots of depreciated links, about half of them are either offline or weren't updated/worked on for over a month. This really shows that the wrong people were attracted to it during the hyperbolic rise and we are indeed at a bubble collapse instead of a correction.

And this comment is actually pretty insightful: We need an autonomous economy not some payment processing or greater fool pump & dump.
A_CardeN

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 04:07:09 AM

I am not losing faith.  In fact, I am trying to buy as many cards I see on eBay from quitters!
Explodicle

Activity: 950

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 04:09:47 AM
Last edit: November 11, 2011, 04:26:05 AM by Explodicle

Huh?

On an interesting Note: Lots of depreciated links, about half of them are either offline or weren't updated/worked on for over a month. This really shows that the wrong people were attracted to it during the hyperbolic rise and we are indeed at a bubble collapse instead of a correction.

And this comment is actually pretty insightful: We need an autonomous economy not some payment processing or greater fool pump & dump.

Which ones? I just clicked on all of the links of "Getting started" and "Local/In-Hand Exchanges" and they worked. If you found anyone finds a LOT, I'd be open to using some of mine and organizing a bounty to fix them.

(EDIT: See response below)
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2011, 04:19:36 AM

Well click yourself through... I mean, most of them aren't actually offline, but just haven't been worked on since they have been created or weren't worked on recently. It's like those bitcoin comics, bitcoin weekly, and so on which were all great projects but have just been left dead.

And if nothing changes this going to look like a post .com bubble geocities graveyard. Or actually not once the domain runs out, some of it will be gone, we will know after a few month after the first ones start expiring.

As for your bounty: Good idea, but I wouldn't know where to start... I'd rather support remaining, services which _have_ been active the whole time.
freakfantom

Activity: 73

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 05:03:25 AM

I am not losing faith too. I think now is the best time for mining. Difficulty is pretty low.
ButterKvothe

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 12, 2011, 05:54:44 AM

I definitely lost a lot of faith in the mining area, but after being referred to this forum I think I might have renewed faith, at least to a point.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
November 12, 2011, 07:01:00 PM

I think it's a natural cycle. Too many people jumped on board as an investment opportunity, they wanted to sit back and cash in. The truth is, the people mining the coin should also be promoting the coin. We need it circulating to make it real (for lack of a better word). Hoarding and playing the exchanges isn't enough. We need non-tech people to start using it somehow.

more or less retired.
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
November 12, 2011, 08:34:31 PM

We need easier ways to BUY them. I think trading them for online game currencies would be a nice market, there are  alot of gamers here and  alot out there looking to sell their gold

And more things to spend them on. Like you sell golds for btc, you spend btc to buy games.

JA37

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2011, 07:22:40 AM

We need easier ways to BUY them. I think trading them for online game currencies would be a nice market, there are  alot of gamers here and  alot out there looking to sell their gold

And more things to spend them on. Like you sell golds for btc, you spend btc to buy games.

And perhaps a reason to buy. Feel free to tweet why I, or anyone else, should.

Ponzi me: http://fxnet.bitlex.org/?ref=588
Thanks to the anonymous person who doubled my BTC wealth by sending 0.02 BTC to: 1BSGbFq4G8r3uckpdeQMhP55ScCJwbvNnG
btc_artist

Activity: 154
Merit: 101

Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2011, 04:34:52 PM

I think we need both easier ways to buy them, and more reasons to buy as well (more products and services that can be purchased with BTC)

BTC: 1CDCLDBHbAzHyYUkk1wYHPYmrtDZNhk8zf
LTC: LMS7SqZJnqzxo76iDSEua33WCyYZdjaQoE
noodles85

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 04:27:56 PM

Purely down to implementation in my opinion. The core bitcoin protocols are theoretically very sound it is how they are used at the moment that are the problem eg... MtGox hack( under protected wallets ). If you are not a technical person it can be very hard to take the steps necessary to protect your wallet from theft either local or remote which can means that people cannot trust the system fully.

Oh yeah and also virtually no one accepts them as payment so even if your wallet is fully secure its gonna be hard to find anything to do with them Tongue
Valalvax

Activity: 437
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 10:25:17 PM

Purely down to implementation in my opinion. The core bitcoin protocols are theoretically very sound it is how they are used at the moment that are the problem eg... MtGox hack( under protected wallets ). If you are not a technical person it can be very hard to take the steps necessary to protect your wallet from theft either local or remote which can means that people cannot trust the system fully.

Oh yeah and also virtually no one accepts them as payment so even if your wallet is fully secure its gonna be hard to find anything to do with them Tongue

And a large majority of the people who do fall under one of two categories

re-resellers (people who buy from a reseller to sell to you)

bitcoin-propaganda (well, not really propaganda, but people who sell crap like bitcoin gold coins, bitcoin watches, bitcoin stuff...)
Flip Tulipcoin

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 17, 2011, 02:42:41 PM

$30-$40k worth of hardware ...
mining SC's

I haven't realized someone could be that retarded.  Shocked
+1
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 17, 2011, 11:28:00 PM

It's because the #1 BTC exchange, MTgox, is complete shit and will be hacked again.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
December 18, 2011, 12:18:50 AM

It's because the #1 BTC exchange, MTgox, is complete shit and will be hacked again.
I don't trust any exchange with any significant amount. I leave that to the day traders to take the risks. They don't seem to mind. I've noticed that right before or after a rally there are movements of millions of Bitcoin, presumably to/from mtgox.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Travis12345

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 18, 2011, 08:51:51 PM

Is their an y major banks who deal with bitcOins
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: