Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:20:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Paxful sent my BTC to a different address?  (Read 432 times)
revv (OP)

Activity: 100
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 10:01:53 PM

I sent around 80$ to 381jqxGPdFBRYAETnpYHxp7K1TCxtFLXNX on Paxful but for some reason it sent it to 1KsHQa735fPjZuYBeM713eHo7rGC3wAVuB

I double checked to see if I was sending to the right address and it was right... and I was on the legit website... why did it do this? I am contacting support right now but I have a feeling they wont do anything and say I got hacked or something, I have been using this website every day consistently for 2+months now without any problems...
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Aero Blue

Activity: 154
Merit: 128

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 10:05:53 PM

Did you login to the BTC address that you said it sent to? Also, did you verify TXID and other information on Paxful? We need more info in order to figure anything out.

My Legacy #NoPaidSig BTC: 14EQ2GvKbfkwU8JZ8PdWoAqDUWByzRAn4E
revv (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 10:08:33 PM

The 381jqxGPdFBRYAETnpYHxp7K1TCxtFLXNX address was generated by a poker website (Blackchippoker) I never logged in to this address but I have never had problems before doing this... and I am not to sure how to view the TXID.

This is the TXID from the Paxful transaction 78c74cd94c4eb19858332ddcba14984cfff066566789b5c0090f33a41ff4fd1b
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 10:58:04 PM

The 381jqxGPdFBRYAETnpYHxp7K1TCxtFLXNX address was generated by a poker website (Blackchippoker) I never logged in to this address but I have never had problems before doing this... and I am not to sure how to view the TXID.

This is the TXID from the Paxful transaction 78c74cd94c4eb19858332ddcba14984cfff066566789b5c0090f33a41ff4fd1b
This is how to view your transaction ID
What you are trying to tell is that you tried to send the coins from a poker site, which i have never heard and you double checked everything before sending and still it went to another address, if that is the case the poker site you mentioned has the coins, if there is a support system, do contact them.
Your heading is also misleading, Paxful did not send your coins to a different address if the above mentioned happened.
revv (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 11:02:06 PM

What you are trying to tell is that you tried to send the coins from a poker site, which i have never heard and you double checked everything before sending and still it went to another address, if that is the case the poker site you mentioned has the coins, if there is a support system, do contact them.
Your heading is also misleading, Paxful did not send your coins to a different address if the above mentioned happened.

No I bought BTC from Paxful and sent it to the poker site BTC address (381jqxGPdFBRYAETnpYHxp7K1TCxtFLXNX) but after sending the coins I looked at my transaction description and it said it sent to (1KsHQa735fPjZuYBeM713eHo7rGC3wAVuB) which I have no idea what that address is.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3208

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 12:30:57 AM
Last edit: April 16, 2019, 12:48:30 AM by odolvlobo

No I bought BTC from Paxful and sent it to the poker site BTC address (381jqxGPdFBRYAETnpYHxp7K1TCxtFLXNX) but after sending the coins I looked at my transaction description and it said it sent to (1KsHQa735fPjZuYBeM713eHo7rGC3wAVuB) which I have no idea what that address is.

That transaction is sending to 43 different addresses, not just 1KsHQa735fPjZuYBeM713eHo7rGC3wAVuB. Paxful does this to save money on transaction fees. Unfortunately, yours is not one of them. Are you sure about both the address and transaction ID?

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
revv (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 12:45:56 AM

That transaction is sending to 17 different addresses, not just 1KsHQa735fPjZuYBeM713eHo7rGC3wAVuB. Paxful does this to save money on transaction fees. Unfortunately, yours is not one of them. Are you sure about both the address and transaction ID?

Yes I am sure that the address I entered was correct, I should've also noted that when I tried to send my BTC from Paxful I got some sort of message that I have never seen before (I think it said something about not having enough for a transaction fee or something like that I can't really remember) but I looked at the address I entered and it was still the right one (381jqxGPdFBRYAETnpYHxp7K1TCxtFLXNX) but then after pressing send I noticed in the transaction description that it was sent to a totally different address... (1KsHQa735fPjZuYBeM713eHo7rGC3wAVuB), I don't know what happened, I am very careful about everything... could it be an error from Paxful side? I am trying to contact support right now but its a long wait.

Thank you all for trying to help I really appreciate it hopefully we can figure out what happened...
Cuk0ng_bitc0in

Activity: 188
Merit: 17

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 12:49:07 AM

this doesn't make sense. do you have a previous login history? and you haven't deleted it. Is Paxful a new platform? If  Paxful is a new platform. then you have to ask to the platform developer. so. your problem can be solved.
revv (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 12:52:54 AM

this doesn't make sense. do you have a previous login history? and you haven't deleted it. Is Paxful a new platform? If  Paxful is a new platform. then you have to ask to the platform developer. so. your problem can be solved.

I have been logged in the site for over a week now and have done transactions without any problems, Paxful is a trading platform where users can buy crypto with paypal and other methods, I would say it is popular and it's been up and running for a while now I am surprised you have not heard about it.
odolvlobo
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 12:53:10 AM

Here is the transaction you referenced: https://www.blockchain.com/btc/tx/78c74cd94c4eb19858332ddcba14984cfff066566789b5c0090f33a41ff4fd1b

Perhaps your coins were never sent because of the problem that it reported to you.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
revv (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 12:57:44 AM

Here is the transaction you referenced: https://www.blockchain.com/btc/tx/78c74cd94c4eb19858332ddcba14984cfff066566789b5c0090f33a41ff4fd1b

Perhaps your coins were never sent because of the problem that it reported to you.

I see, but why would it send my BTC to this address? It's strange but I am pretty naive in the workings of BTC but the only thing I can think of is because of the problem or error it gave me. But why would it send it to this address instead of the one I wanted it to be sent to? The right address was entered.
lyks15

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 01:26:51 AM

Are you signed up in unknown site that suddenly appeared in your screen when you transfer your bitcoin to other wallet? If you do there is a big possibility that you are already hacked because that is their strategy to get your info and your BTC. Try to contact support to have an assistant to your problem.

▼                          NΛTURΛL8       MAKING POKER FUN AGAIN                        ▼
►          $500k Rush & Cash Monthly   |   200% First Deposit   |   $150k Short Deck Hold'em          ◄
▲          [   ● FACEBOOK   ]     Download The App Here     [     ● TWITTER     ]          ▲
Aero Blue

Activity: 154
Merit: 128

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 01:34:35 AM

I see, but why would it send my BTC to this address? It's strange but I am pretty naive in the workings of BTC but the only thing I can think of is because of the problem or error it gave me. But why would it send it to this address instead of the one I wanted it to be sent to? The right address was entered.

It could possibly be an error on the gambling websites part, often their address and balance system is weird and is based on a rotating address system. It's very easy for your bitcoins to get lost in the shuffle, I would contact support on there end as someone said above to see if they can check their logs.

My Legacy #NoPaidSig BTC: 14EQ2GvKbfkwU8JZ8PdWoAqDUWByzRAn4E
odolvlobo
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 03:28:22 AM
Merited by Foxpup (3)

It could possibly be an error on the gambling websites part, often their address and balance system is weird and is based on a rotating address system. It's very easy for your bitcoins to get lost in the shuffle, I would contact support on there end as someone said above to see if they can check their logs.

That's not a possibility. No bitcoins were sent to the address 381jqxGPdFBRYAETnpYHxp7K1TCxtFLXNX, so there are only a few possibilities and neither has anything to do with the receiving site:

• 1. The bitcoins were never sent.
  • 2. The bitcoins were sent to an address other than 381jqxGPdFBRYAETnpYHxp7K1TCxtFLXNX. Here are the possible causes:
    • A. You entered a different address. FYI, it is unlikely that there was a typo since addresses contain validation info.
    • B. Browser malware replaced your destination address with a different one.
    • C. Paxful sent the bitcoins to a different address for some unknown reason.

In all cases, you should:
  • 1. Check the gambling site to see if the bitcoins were received.
  • 2. If your Paxful account has a transaction log, check that. It should have valuable information.
  • 3. Contact Paxful support if the bitcoins were deducted from your account but never received.

revv (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 03:51:37 AM

That's not a possibility. No bitcoins were sent to the address 381jqxGPdFBRYAETnpYHxp7K1TCxtFLXNX, so there are only a few possibilities and neither has anything to do with the receiving site:

• 2. The bitcoins were sent to an address other than 381jqxGPdFBRYAETnpYHxp7K1TCxtFLXNX. Here are the possible causes:
    • A. You entered a different address. FYI, it is unlikely that there was a typo since addresses contain validation info.

• 2. If your Paxful account has a transaction log, check that. It should have valuable information.
  • 3. Contact Paxful support if the bitcoins were deducted from your account but never received.

Thank you, I have contacted support and they will have an admin inspect if anything went wrong on there part... if they find nothing then I guess I have some sort of malware? I don't know how I could possibly have something like that since I am very careful but I guess I could be wrong.
Findingnemo

Activity: 2310
Merit: 757

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 07:11:34 PM

Thank you, I have contacted support and they will have an admin inspect if anything went wrong on there part... if they find nothing then I guess I have some sort of malware? I don't know how I could possibly have something like that since I am very careful but I guess I could be wrong.
If the bitcoin was sent to the wrong address means then you lost it completely no matter of which side the mistake was.

Personally I never used paxful but it is one of the best site so they are going to risk their reputation for $80? I don't think so.

So malware from your pc caused all those problems.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator
codehtcmail

Activity: 1188
Merit: 260

Tryig to survive in this harsh world

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 09:15:06 PM

Do you have the log of the transaction ? Something like this:

revv (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 10:37:41 PM

[/quote]
If the bitcoin was sent to the wrong address means then you lost it completely no matter of which side the mistake was.

Personally I never used paxful but it is one of the best site so they are going to risk their reputation for $80? I don't think so.

[/quote]

It has nothing to do with risking there reputation there might of been an actual bug that happened.
joniboini
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1789

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2019, 02:37:57 AM

It has nothing to do with risking there reputation there might of been an actual bug that happened.

Do you have some screenshot like what codehtcmail posted above? Can you share it here?

If you want to make sure if there's a malware that attacks your clipboard or not, try to copy some BTC address on your browser and then on wallet like Electrum, and paste it somewhere. See if your copied address is the same or not. If it is not the same, it's very likely that you've been attacked by malware.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Lanatsa

Activity: 2814
Merit: 648

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 03:58:05 AM

If bitcoins were sent into different address then you most likely do have that malware (clipboard) ones which have been known in the past.

Ive been asking too on the same thing on posting up some screenshots on where these funds being sent out so that everyone would compared on what part you went wrong.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████