Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:10:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What I've learned after 3 years building an algo trading bot  (Read 282 times)
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1332

View Profile
September 08, 2022, 09:46:04 PM

Once you work hard  in order to find a way to make profits out of the markets it is going to be very difficult to share it with anyone even if you charge money for it, the OP took 3 years in order to create this bot, so selling it is probably not a good idea right now even if it is really profitable, probably the best option for the OP is to profit from his bot and to keep improving it for years or even a decade and only once he has enough capital to create a business around the bot he may try to do so.
You are right because he will like to secure the information for personal use only, or before the information is been dispense or circulates maybe their will be an option of selling the methods of making profit if it happens to work properly, this is from my own perspective
And I personally think this is the right approach, people fail to realize how difficult it is to actually create a strategy that can make money out of the markets, and to create a bot that can execute that strategy is way more difficult, so after so much effort has been put into such project it is very difficult for the developer to actually release it without trying to profit from it in order to recover all the time, energy and money that he has spent trying to create such an exceptional bot.
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
September 08, 2022, 09:59:06 PM

It's hard to find a trading bot that will fit the standards that we want. Most of them only perform the basics and usual trading activities that trading bots do. Op took 3 long years to pursue his bot and it only means that creating a functional and effective bot isn't as easy as we think and demand.
This is true, that’s why many traders chooses to play in the market on their own instead of relying to any bot because they are more confident about their skills, than to use bot. Creating such a system is not easily at all, and look even if you are good with the numbers you can still find a hard time setting up your own bot so kudos to OP for having a good discipline on making his own bot, i hope trading works for you very well.
Danydee72

Activity: 199
Merit: 180

View Profile
September 12, 2022, 12:07:06 PM

First of all: thank you for sharing your experience about your bot. 4-6%/month is not that bad. I am very eager to read more about your experiences.

Some words about your possible intention to sell your bot:
Most bots have their own personal purpose which hardly could be extrapolated to other people's intentions. I think that's why most bots can't be sold at all. Sometimes it's technique is even difficult to explain to others. Yes of course it's a bot and it should work by itself. But I am sure even your bot works with some parameters, which change over time and level of experience.
So my advice would be, before selling your bot you must be sure about it. 100% sure. Most people will take it as it is and then are disappointed if it wouldn't be successful over some amount of time. If I had a successful bot, I never would sell it. Just because of stupidity and idleness of some people using it. There is still no reason to sell a successful bot. But there are many to sell a lossy one. By the way that's why I would never buy one.
Maybe I would give it away for free to a good friend. But in some way this doesn't make sense too - too much to explain/support. So keep it and enjoy your earnings. Just my opinion.  
mayfair_coin

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2022, 01:11:49 PM

Yes, this is very good option if i set any stock for sell at $50 then my software will sell it automatically and suppose i am sleeping and market's price go down and i don't know when should i buy...my software know about the lower price which i set ...it will buy on my behalf so it will very beneficial for me
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
September 13, 2022, 03:24:01 PM

I worked for one for a year as well in 2017 but I can easily tell that most of them do not know what they are doing. If the whole idea worked so perfectly then they would have used it themselves and make themselves rich.

The idea is that they are both making money from selling, which is growing their capital for their own product, but also they can get richer and faster this way, and using the bot would require a lot of fixing too. They see you as customers but also as beta testers as well and when there is something to fix, you tell them what is wrong and they fix it, and if there is an idea, you suggest it and they improve it, so they get richer from your help too.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: