Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:50:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to refund  (Read 519 times)
codehtcmail

Activity: 1188
Merit: 260

Tryig to survive in this harsh world

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 09:56:25 AM

Bro, you bought a car online using bitcoin (2 BTC which is $10k+) ?
I can tell you like the others to forget the refund, unless you track down the person that received the funds and force him to send back the 2 Bitcoins, you're not gonna see those funds again, sorry for your loss.
Also kudos for your patience, 3 weeks waiting for the delivery !
Fortify
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1186

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 12:39:58 PM

Unfortunately there is no such thing as a "refund" option when it comes to Bitcoin. I hate to kick a man when they are down, but this is really simple stuff - you should not have handed over a single penny to a random stranger on the internet without securing the car & registration first. Anybody can take photos of a car and pretend they are the owner, then pull a scam like this.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Wintersoldier

Activity: 966
Merit: 274

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 02:10:47 PM

I paid 2btc  for a car online to another person, he had good pics and everything but it is 3weeks late on delivery and he stopped responding to me. I can't find the right number of email to contact bitcoin company for a refund, can someone point me in the right direction. I couldn't find anything on bitcoin.com for refunds.
Your btc wouldn't be refunded unless you found the person you transact with. It's impossible to reverse the transaction unlike what you can do with banks and money transfer services. The most possible way get this scammer is perhaps to report it to FBI and look for this person's location; if your evidence of being scammed by this person is enough then they'll take an action for your case.
TheHas

Activity: 616
Merit: 167

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 07:12:12 AM

Bitcoin isn't a bank. You can't call up a number or institution and say 'hey that guy didn't give me what I purchased so I want you to reimburse me and cancel his payment'. The onus is completely on you.

If you want something that has a reimburse centralized function, sell something through ebay instead (and deal with their 10 percent transaction fee).

If I were to use an analogy, think of it like sending an email. Once you click send and the other person receives your message, you can't 'undo' the email - it is there in their inbox and that's that.

I'm sorry you got scammed, but hopefully if you have more details of this person you can locate him yourself and try and get your money back directly.

Splatters
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 03:36:16 PM

This is crazy! It was common to send btc to stranger years ago when it was worth "nothing" but now you should be crazy to pay that amount to someone you don't know and without even know how bitcoin works.

I know why your pray will never be answered!
Indamuck

Activity: 1120
Merit: 554

View Profile
April 23, 2019, 01:05:23 PM

This is crazy! It was common to send btc to stranger years ago when it was worth "nothing" but now you should be crazy to pay that amount to someone you don't know and without even know how bitcoin works.

People still send thousands via paypal and bank transfers to internet scammers.  I wouldn't go around blaming the vitcims, its usually the good hearted people that are too trusting.  I hope this scammer gets what is coming to him in the end.
Mux@

Activity: 602
Merit: 24

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 07:25:37 AM

Why did you pay with cryptocurrency? You wanted to remain incognito? At the same time you did not even see the goods with your own eyes! It is impossible to give money without registration of the contract. Even if it were dollars, you wouldn't get a refund if they didn't find the crook. I'm sorry! From now on, be careful when choosing a seller. Require a personal meeting before making a deal!
DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 10791

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2019, 07:49:41 AM

I’m rather inclined to considering this story made up. The OP has not been around since he posted his single post 12 days ago, and although the story seems rather naïve to start with, one would expect the OP to comeback to this thread and interact a bit if his claim was real.
DrDoctor1234

Activity: 34
Merit: 21

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 09:06:37 AM

I’m rather inclined to considering this story made up. The OP has not been around since he posted his single post 12 days ago, and although the story seems rather naïve to start with, one would expect the OP to comeback to this thread and interact a bit if his claim was real.

Maybe he is just trying to digest his situation. Either way, I'm sure we'd both agree someone somewhere in the world has probably purchased a car/tv/something expensive with crypto only to have no recourse when something goes wrong like no receipt of goods.

Solid trusted crypto escrow services I would think are a must for this type of transaction. Or just don't pay until you get the car.
jademaxsuy

Activity: 924
Merit: 220

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2019, 11:02:15 PM

I paid 2btc  for a car online to another person, he had good pics and everything but it is 3weeks late on delivery and he stopped responding to me. I can't find the right number of email to contact bitcoin company for a refund, can someone point me in the right direction. I couldn't find anything on bitcoin.com for refunds.
This is very unfortunate that scammer were able to slip through using online platforms and bitcoin to scam you. If you only have known the identity of the said scammer then you could have a chance OP that you can trace him/her.

Now, refund is almost impossible because the transaction was peer to peer and does not have any third party acting as an escrow. This is very sad unfortunate events for OP.
Sharon121212

Activity: 280
Merit: 215

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 07:29:33 AM

You would have made a post or asked a question here on the forum about that deal before paying now the milk is spilt.
When will people stop doing deal with am anonymous person that you don't have any link or know there reputation. Probably they told you bitcoin company can refund you if it goes wrong and that gave you a sense if security. Well bitcoin is not a company rather it's a medium of transfer and as it stands you can't get refunded only if the scam sends it back but the good thing is that you can monitor the bitcoin account you sent it to and trace the final point of withdrawal
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: