Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 11:36:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should there be a time limit for coin swap?  (Read 466 times)
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 1205

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2019, 01:35:39 PM

I experienced that before I was late one week on their coin swap, I am in a place where there is no internet connection and they did a coin swap with one-week notice, this is not right, people have invested in their coins there should be no time frame for the coin swap and it's only happening in the crypto world, because there is no regulation or rules about coin swap, the dev is the one setting up the rules.

Doging

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 01:41:55 PM

It is very strange, I have never come across a such situation. Projects always give a lot of time to exchange coins. Usually not less than three months ... Perhaps there are similar situations, but in any case, you should keep abreast of and follow the coins that are in your portfolio. This is not a traditional market, it is a crypto, there is no insurance against losses here ..

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
memecoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 02:11:18 PM

that is why immutability has been one of the first and most important characteristics of bitcoin from the first day. a user, when converting his money to a cryptocurrency, has to be assured that what he is buying is immutable and can not become invalid as time passes. this is why bitcoin is still the strongest while others keep failing!

I agree with you on this point that bitcoin is the strongest and most stable for us to step into. I hope that other currencies can learn or make that difference, to add a new kind of knowledge to be exposed  Roll Eyes i believe that it posible

Am I spamming? Report me!
waitforme

Activity: 618
Merit: 100

BBOD The Best Derivatives Exchange

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 02:41:01 PM

You should set limits for short-term Crypto transactions because they are very risky and quickly lose money in short-term trades. You should explore and select potential Altcoin to hold long-term to replace risky short-term transactions. I believe that HODL is always a good and profitable option.

aioc

Activity: 2912
Merit: 567

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 02:58:49 PM

I voted there should be no time limit for coin swap, I am buying coins because I trust this coin, so buying is a vote of confidence, whether you want to hold it long term or short term, they should also consider that there are holders who believe in their coin long term that is why they hide the coin and set up a date when they will open it or check it.

Bitbtc8

Activity: 1148
Merit: 116

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 03:13:50 PM

It's very bad to see some projects that introduce coinswap for there tokens using time limit, those who aren't aware will lose out, it's really very annoying, developers should follow the footsteps of few projects that remove time limit to swap to new tokens from old, I can't see any reason why using time limit at all

►           ►     enVoy            Sustainably Green Trust in Trade          ◄           ◄
►           ██  WHITEPAPER       ██  TWO PAGER       ██  TOKEN DECK           ◄
[vFacebook               [vTwitter               [vTelegram               [vMedium               [vLinkedin               [vReddit
MonsterV
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 04:02:13 PM

Should there really be a time limit for coin swap tbh?
Its kinda funny there when i look at some project whom initiate swap

There's still few thing that Crypto are kinda weak when we comes to real world investment
I personally notice quite a number of case where user are left with bunch of useless coins because they didn't swap before a specific timeline.
This wouldn't happen if you buy stocks from stock market, buy commodities contract and etc
If you buy ABC, no matter if they transfer or convert their name to CDE and whatever, you do get back the amount you spent or the stocks that you actually hold.

I even notice there's certain swaps where it only available for 1 month
They expect everyone browse social forums, look at social media and etc
Hence, kindly share your point of view here
That's unfair and i have ever experienced it. I missed the first phase of the token swap and i just got 0.5x from my initial investment while those have participated in the first place got up to 2x. this looks unfair but basically, all of the token holders already listed in the blockchain and it's easy to track them all. To give a time limit for token swap is a non sense idea.

But usually the developer will tolerate when the time limit has expired, indeed this is not fair. I have experienced it like you, I can't monitor it every day and I miss it until the time limit is up. Then my step is to contact the developer to ask for tolerance and the average developer will listen to it, but that depends.
So do not be careless, always monitor, it is not entirely wrong from the rules they make but we are wrong too.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
     ▄▀█▀█ █████████████▄▄
   ▄██ █ █▄████████████████▄
  ██ █ ██▀█ █████████████████
 █▀█▄█▄▀█▄██▄█████████████████
██ █ ██ ██ ██▄▀████████████████
███▀█▀██ ███▀███▀██████████████
███▄██ ██▄▀██▄███▄█████████████
 ███▄▀██▀██▄▀██▄▀██▄▀▀████████
  █████▀█▄█▀█▄▀▀██▄▀▀██▄▄▀█▀█
   ▀████▄███▄█▀█▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄█▀█▀
     ▀▀████▄▀██▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▀▀
         ▀▀▀██▄▄███▀▀▀
......1xBit.com..BENEFIT ..SEASON........
       ▄▄███████████▄▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████████████████
██████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████
        █    █▄   █
        ▀▀▄    ▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
           ▀▀▄    ▀▀▄▄█      ▄▀
              ▀▀▄     █▀▀▄▄  █
                 ▀▀▄  █   ▄█▀
                    ▀▀█▄▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
bitcoin-shark

Activity: 2856
Merit: 605

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 06:41:04 PM

i think there should be no time limit for the swap of the various tokens, or if there must be a limit, the swap must be advertised very well on all possible channels so that everyone can do it...
aliceHortrex

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2019, 06:42:59 PM

I think that if you set limits everywhere, there will be no one here.  Because people will not work where it is difficult to earn.  People are looking for where it is easier.  Because they are here.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
r32godzilla

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 06:44:35 PM

I do not think that it is a good way how to reduce supply. For example I am still holding my 99 TRX ERC-20 airdrop and there is no limit for token swap. So why I should create TRON wallet when I do not use this coin? I only want to hold it...  Smiley

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin.....ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..
█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.Telegram....
JPSelzer

Activity: 689
Merit: 14

World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 06:58:26 PM

This is really a problem for many. Due to such a huge number of projects it is almost impossible to keep track of all their coins. Especially if they still come up with some stupid conditions. Now it is better to keep a few coins that seem to you the most worthy.

mr.robot8

Activity: 938
Merit: 159

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2019, 07:11:45 PM

the best thing is unlimited swap time, perhaps putting the exchange rate ratio as the only limit, decreasing it with the passage of time
Wale777

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 07:27:05 PM

Time limit for coin swap is bull crap, all investors interest should be cherished no matter what and project team should know there are some investors that might not get the swap information in the scheduled time why automatic swap is important, instead of giving time limit for swap and screwing people off of their investment do automatic swap and there will no be issue
Ozero

Activity: 2058
Merit: 180

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 08:54:03 PM

You should set limits for short-term Crypto transactions because they are very risky and quickly lose money in short-term trades. You should explore and select potential Altcoin to hold long-term to replace risky short-term transactions. I believe that HODL is always a good and profitable option.
Why should we set a time limit for trading cryptocurrency? I think that we, on the contrary, strive to ensure that our coins and tokens are always traded and are available for this. Do not be afraid that they will fall in price. This will depend on the project and on the usefulness of the coin or token itself. We must always have the right to choose to buy or sell them. This is one of the main functions of cryptocurrency.

bartolo

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 09:18:15 PM

i think there should be no time limit for the swap of the various tokens, or if there must be a limit, the swap must be advertised very well on all possible channels so that everyone can do it...

I understand that they set a deadline if they have to send the tokens or coins manually, but they also need to understand that there are people who don't follow the news or social media channels and can miss the deadline. I think there are ways to solve those situations, for example, for people who miss the deadline they can send the coins once a month or every two months.
Xalata

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 09:21:21 PM

The decision to give a time frame for any coin swap lies with the team of the project and i think ideally there should be a time frame so that the team can move on with further developments of the project. This is also very important when the team is planning on launching its own blockchain network.

Utuhikan

Activity: 630

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 09:24:09 PM

In my opinion if a coin has entered the exchange list then there is no time limit for exchanging the coin. It's just that we ourselves must estimate the time of exchange on the market because not all of these coins have the potential to last long on the market. Even though it is not limited if the coins we hold are not potential coins then one day the coins will become trash in exchange. Therefore, before the coin becomes trash, we should have exchanged it and we have got the profit we expected.

▔▔▔▔▔
laskybok

Activity: 315
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 09:47:09 PM

In order to avoid incidences like this and to avoid users from missing out, i think some decided to get it done automatically, by capturing the addresses holding the tokens.
Some have even advanced in such a way that they do not limit it to personal wallets alone, but also exchanges on which they are being traded, most especially CEX.
sandra_x

Activity: 574

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2019, 09:56:20 PM

It is really unfair, I have a couple of tokens in missed swap announcement and they are now useless in my wallet.We get so busy and may not have known there was such swap.Not nice from those project teams.A better approach should be to run an automated swaps.I have seen a few projects do that.You don't have to do anything to get your new tokens.I suspect putting a time frame for swaps is also a ploy to the tokens in circulation
powerman24

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 11:04:08 PM

We are responsible to follow up on our investment, on the other hand it is not realistic that we follow all of our coins all the time, especially if we invested in them long term. The projects should find the way how to inform their holders about the swap and not only through social media.

▄ ◤ DAGO Mining ◥ ▄  ▐░ ECOLOGICAL BITCOIN MINING ░▌
【We produce energy from renewable sources to use it for mining and the blockchain.】
ANN THREADFACEBOOKTWITTERWHITEPAPERYOUTUBE
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: