Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:45:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto hearing in Supreme Court today  (Read 358 times)
CoinFellow (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 05:58:57 AM

The Crypto matter is up for hearing in the Supreme Court today (January 15th). Any guesses what will happen?

Will it be any another 'tareekh'??

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1499

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 09:12:08 AM

The Crypto matter is up for hearing in the Supreme Court today (January 15th). Any guesses what will happen?

I don't see any update from the cryptokanoon twitter handle about today's hearing date.

https://twitter.com/cryptokanoon

They are the one who is closely following the case. Surprisingly I don't see they have mentioned anything in their twitter handle yet. Is the date correct? Because I have been following this twitter handle since the inception of the court case and receive prompt update.

CoinFellow (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 11:18:16 AM

I don't see any update from the cryptokanoon twitter handle about today's hearing date.

https://twitter.com/cryptokanoon

They are the one who is closely following the case. Surprisingly I don't see they have mentioned anything in their twitter handle yet. Is the date correct? Because I have been following this twitter handle since the inception of the court case and receive prompt update.

I did the read the news in the morning at couple of links -

https://qz.com/india/1522967/rbi-vs-bitcoin-indias-supreme-court-to-hear-crypto-case-today/

https://www.crypto-news.in/news/d-day-supreme-court-india-set-hear-cryptocurrency-petitions-today-updating/

But there doesn't seem to be any updates after that.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 09:23:23 PM

But there doesn't seem to be any updates after that.
The reason for that is that the supreme court once again extended the case to next month. This is the problem with the court system, it will keep on prolonging indefinitely and i am not sure they will hear the case next month either. The goverment will not come up with any clarity or regulations to help the new start ups nor the court system will sort in time.
avikz
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 09:17:20 PM

Ok, so we have some movement on the crypto case on 25th Feb this year. It seems that no one from Government of India had appeared infront of the court during the hearing. Also no views has also been presented to court till date.

Now the Court has given the government another 4 weeks of time to come back with their views on cryptocurrencies. These 4 weeks is the last extension given to the government.

Source: https://twitter.com/cryptokanoon/status/1101087190082375681

ragavancoin

Activity: 1432
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 01, 2019, 09:32:37 AM

Ok, so we have some movement on the crypto case on 25th Feb this year. It seems that no one from Government of India had appeared infront of the court during the hearing. Also no views has also been presented to court till date.

Now the Court has given the government another 4 weeks of time to come back with their views on cryptocurrencies. These 4 weeks is the last extension given to the government.

Source: https://twitter.com/cryptokanoon/status/1101087190082375681
It was already over more than a year to get final decision for crypto currency regulations in India but still we did not get any good news from our supreme Court, and i hope will get good news about crypto currency very soon. 

▄█  █▄
              ▄▀█  █▌
             █▀ █ ▐█  ▄      ▄▄▄
         ▀▄ ██▄▄█ ▐█  ▀▀      █▀▄▄
           ██▀▀██ █▌  █▌ ▄▀▀▌ █▄▄
     █▄▄  ▄█   ▄█▐█▌  █▌▐█    █  ▄▄

▄▄▄▄▀███▀   ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▄▀      █
▄██               ▐▌█ █▀▄ █▄  ▄▄  █       █▌  ▐▌
██▌              ▀█▄      ▐█▌▐▌██▐█       █▌  ▐▌
██▌    █▀▄█ ▄▐█▀▀▄█▌▄▀▀▄   ███▌██▐█▄▀▀▄█▀▄▐▌▄▀█▌
▀███▄▄ █▀▄█▄█▐█▄▄▀▐█▀▄▄▀    ██ ▀██▀▀█▄▀█▀▄▐ █▄▀█
  ▀▀▀    █ ▄█▐▌                          █
          ▀  █                            ▀
WIN A
▀██████████▀
██
██
██
██
▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀
███████████▀
██
████████████
          ██
▄███████████
██
██
██
██
███████████▀
▀██████████▀

████████████
██        ██
██        ██
.CYBERTRUCK.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
            ▄▄▄████████████▀▀▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄▄███████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████████████▌
███████████████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████
 ████████▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀             ▀▀▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀██████▀
$60,000 IN BTC
$50,000 IN ETH
& MORE!
Agarthian

Activity: 250
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 04:08:34 PM

cant believe joke india is making it.

It's not a drug that should be made illegal people's have their rights.
Btra
Copper Member

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

MYID

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 02:40:33 PM

Still, the Indian crypto related case is in the hanging position after the issue raised since last year. The final hearing was set to declared on the March, 31 2019 but it is now the April, 08. May be the even the SC can't finalize any decision.

eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 09:32:10 PM

Still, the Indian crypto related case is in the hanging position after the issue raised since last year. The final hearing was set to declared on the March, 31 2019 but it is now the April, 08. May be the even the SC can't finalize any decision.
What i have heard from reports online is that the case is extended once again by the request of the Indian government, i am not sure whether they are planning to come up with a verdict before the general elections which is coming up, as i mentioned earlier this is the biggest hurdle for any business in India, there will not be any clear direction and the starts ups will look else rather than running a company in India.
avikz
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 03:04:00 AM

What i have heard from reports online is that the case is extended once again by the request of the Indian government, i am not sure whether they are planning to come up with a verdict before the general elections which is coming up, as i mentioned earlier this is the biggest hurdle for any business in India, there will not be any clear direction and the starts ups will look else rather than running a company in India.

India is facing this issue since independence! No political party actually wants to solve this issues because it will affect their cash flow. The more delay it will have within the system the probability of bribing is more to solve the delay. This is how it works!

And yes, the case has been delayed until July this year. Read on,

https://www.ccn.com/indias-supreme-court-delays-crypto-vs-central-bank-fight-to-july/

Till the time we are being governed by the bureaucrats who just clears an exam and sit on the top posts of the government, nothing good is expected!

CoinFellow (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 05:27:34 AM

India is facing this issue since independence! No political party actually wants to solve this issues because it will affect their cash flow. The more delay it will have within the system the probability of bribing is more to solve the delay. This is how it works!

And yes, the case has been delayed until July this year. Read on,

https://www.ccn.com/indias-supreme-court-delays-crypto-vs-central-bank-fight-to-july/

Till the time we are being governed by the bureaucrats who just clears an exam and sit on the top posts of the government, nothing good is expected!

Fully agree with your viewpoint. No government will be willing to take a stand on this sensitive matter. And even when they take a stand, the government will most probably follow Guidelines/Regulations in place in other developing countries.

Even if the government comes out with guidelines, it is difficult for them to perceive how would the things get impacted in future for this mostly unexplored area. There are still so many unanswered questions related to banking, security, impact on financial institutions that no Government is expected to take any decision on this in near future.
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 05:42:36 PM

Not sure how the things would turn out because as far as government is concerned they have cleared their stand and also they do not support much which we can know from all the statement which they have issued in public.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2019, 06:55:48 PM

The case has been postponed till 2nd week of July and now they have been postponing the case since over a year. I don't even know how the court allows so many times a case to be postponed and for so long. While there are so many countries that have recognized bitcoins, our country is still behind waiting to ban it. The petitions, drafts were all wasted.

legendster

Activity: 1778
Merit: 764

www.V.systems

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 07:41:53 PM

The case has been postponed till 2nd week of July and now they have been postponing the case since over a year. I don't even know how the court allows so many times a case to be postponed and for so long. While there are so many countries that have recognized bitcoins, our country is still behind waiting to ban it. The petitions, drafts were all wasted.

So many times? This is nothing! Cases stay pending for decades! Why do you think all the street protests were happening after this was postponed?
I'm glad at least there's a sizeable community of crypto supporters in India so that at least in places like Delhi and Mumbai we're seeing these protests.

I've stated before on how I think the whole judicial system is corrupt, so I don't have any high hopes with this case.

██████████        ████████████
     ██████████        ██████████
       ██████████        ████████
         ██████████        ██████
           ██████████        ████
             ██████████        ██
               ██████████
                 ██████████
                   ████████
                     ██████
                       ████
                        ██
|
     ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀                ▄▀█             ▄▀                ▄▀█
 ██████████    █             ██████████    █
 █                █                   █                █    █
 █                █     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █    █
 █                █  ▄▀             █                █  ▄▀
 ██████████▀                 ██████████▀
          █                                    █
     ▄▀ █  ▀▀▀▀█                   ▄▀ █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀             ▄▀█               ▄▀               ▄▀ █
 █████████   █               ██████████    █
 █              █   █               █                █    █
 █              █  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █                █  ▄▀
 █████████▀                  ██████████▀

Blockchain
Database
                             ▄▄▄
                         ▄▄▀  ▀▄▄
        ▄           ▄▄▀  ▄▀▄  ▀▄▄
      █▄█   █████████████████    █
        █     █                              █ ▄▀ ▌
        █     █        ▄    █   ▄         █▀ ▄▌
       ██    █      ▀▄   █    ▄▀       █▀█
       ▌ ▌   █            █                █  █
       ▌ ▌   █                              █  █
       ██    ███████████████████
                     ▀▀▄  ▀▄▀  ▄▀▀
                         ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀
                             ▀▀▀
Dev friendly
SDK Platform
                             ▄▄▄▄
                         ▄▄█    █▄▄
                     ▄▄█            █▄▄
                 ▄▄█       ▄▄▄       █▄▄
                 █       ▄▀      ▀▄       █
               █▀     █      █      █     ▀█
               ▀▀█  █   ▄█▀█▄   █  █▀▀
               █▀▀   █  ▀███▀  █   ▀▀█
               ▀▀█     █    █    █     █▀▀
                   ▀▀█   █  █  █   █▀▀
                       ▀████████▀
                           █▄▄▄▄█
                 █        █▄▄▄▄█      █
             ▄▀ █▄                   ▄█  ▀▄
            █   █▀▄         ▀      ▄▀█    █
           █   █  █  ▌      ▀   ▐  █  █    █
           █   █▄▀▄▌      ▀   ▐▄▀▄█    █
           █       █          ▀        █       █
        █▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █▀▀▀▀▀▀█
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
User-friendly
Token Creation
|
avikz
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2019, 03:22:07 AM

So many times? This is nothing! Cases stay pending for decades! Why do you think all the street protests were happening after this was postponed?
I'm glad at least there's a sizeable community of crypto supporters in India so that at least in places like Delhi and Mumbai we're seeing these protests.

I've stated before on how I think the whole judicial system is corrupt, so I don't have any high hopes with this case.

It will be delayed for few more years again! Don't worry, our grandparents will probably see an official statement that cryptocurrency is banned in India. Till then, the legal status will remain confusing!

If you are aware of the recent regulatory sandbox list of RBI which explicitly excludes crypto related business, you should not have much hope for positive outcome!

legendster

www.V.systems

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 07:53:40 PM

It will be delayed for few more years again! Don't worry, our grandparents will probably see an official statement that cryptocurrency is banned in India. Till then, the legal status will remain confusing!

If you are aware of the recent regulatory sandbox list of RBI which explicitly excludes crypto related business, you should not have much hope for positive outcome!

I think you mean our grandchildren, right? I hope you do, otherwise I don't think I live in a country where our grandparents are interested in crypto.
I mean come on! I live in a place where there's barely any consistent electricity supply. A simple stone is thrown and the police shuts down internet services for fear of 'communal riots'.. lol it'd be a joke to expect such a country to advance to a level where our grandparents are able to understand the prospects of crypto.

Come to think of it, it is the grandpa generation that's blocking it. Old fatass politicians I mean.

██████████        ██████
           ██████████        ████
             ██████████        ██
               ██████████
                 ██████████
                   ████████
                     ██████
                       ████
                        ██
|

Blockchain
Database
                             ▄▄▄
                         ▄▄▀  ▀▄▄
                     ▀▀▄  ▀▄▀  ▄▀▀
                         ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀
                             ▀▀▀
Dev friendly
SDK Platform
                             ▄▄▄▄
                         ▄▄█    █▄▄
                     ▄▄█            █▄▄
                 ▄▄█       ▄▄▄       █▄▄
               ▀▀█  █   ▄█▀█▄   █  █▀▀
               █▀▀   █  ▀███▀  █   ▀▀█
                   ▀▀█   █  █  █   █▀▀
                       ▀████████▀
                           █▄▄▄▄█
                 █        █▄▄▄▄█      █
User-friendly
Token Creation
|
legendster

www.V.systems

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 12:47:48 AM

now next supreme court hearing on 25th july

Shitpost. Reported. We know.

However, it is important to note that Coinome has shut down since this new date was revealed while, rumors of facebook's own Libra is getting louder every day - something that could top the balance of discussion for cryptos in this country.
On the other hand Indian ministers and officials continue to paint Bitcoin in the wrong light because implementing such a currency in the payments system would mean they'd actually have to lift up a finger and work... Something that is against the ethos of the "Indian gov. salaried employee"

Source 1 : https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/small-biz/startups/newsbuzz/indian-bitcoin-players-wary-of-facebooks-stablecoin/articleshow/69300796.cms
Source 2 : https://qz.com/india/1616164/bitcoin-cryptocurrency-exchange-coinome-to-shut-in-india/
Source 3 : https://www.newsbtc.com/2019/05/04/high-profile-indian-government-official-calls-bitcoin-a-ponzi-scheme/

██████████        ██████
           ██████████        ████
             ██████████        ██
               ██████████
                 ██████████
                   ████████
                     ██████
                       ████
                        ██
|

Blockchain
Database
                             ▄▄▄
                         ▄▄▀  ▀▄▄
                     ▀▀▄  ▀▄▀  ▄▀▀
                         ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀
                             ▀▀▀
Dev friendly
SDK Platform
                             ▄▄▄▄
                         ▄▄█    █▄▄
                     ▄▄█            █▄▄
                 ▄▄█       ▄▄▄       █▄▄
               ▀▀█  █   ▄█▀█▄   █  █▀▀
               █▀▀   █  ▀███▀  █   ▀▀█
                   ▀▀█   █  █  █   █▀▀
                       ▀████████▀
                           █▄▄▄▄█
                 █        █▄▄▄▄█      █
User-friendly
Token Creation
|
SaShiRaJaVu

Activity: 1694
Merit: 541

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 10:27:13 PM

I mean come on! I live in a place where there's barely any consistent electricity supply. A simple stone is thrown and the police shuts down internet services for fear of 'communal riots'.. lol it'd be a joke to expect such a country to advance to a level where our grandparents are able to understand the prospects of crypto.

Come to think of it, it is the grandpa generation that's blocking it. Old fatass politicians I mean.
Are you serious about police shutting down internet service because of the fear of communal riots  Shocked Other than metropolitan cities in India, having a consistent electricity supply is a dream and every Indian can vouch for that situation  Cheesy. The political parties are there to make money while they are in power and the last hope of having a change died with the election results coming out.

On the other hand Indian ministers and officials continue to paint Bitcoin in the wrong light because implementing such a currency in the payments system would mean they'd actually have to lift up a finger and work... Something that is against the ethos of the "Indian gov. salaried employee"
Source 3 : https://www.newsbtc.com/2019/05/04/high-profile-indian-government-official-calls-bitcoin-a-ponzi-scheme/
The Indian ministers especially the BJP RSS led government are getting these information from their illiterate group and there is a funny quote in Kerala, they all have education from whatsapp university because the things they say does not have any correlation with facts and everyone in their party have the same knowledge  Cheesy.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: