Preventing destruction, I'm all for that. Destroying an adversary that creates more destruction than what he produces is only a gain.
However, destruction in the name of the destruction that has occurred, merely an eye for an eye... If that's justice, call me unjust as much as you please. Equality is overrated. Equality for the sake of equality is a farce of crocodile tears and envy. It is merely emotion with only loss for us all.
End the 1% they claim. Redistribute the wealth they say. It would only be so just if they had truly been stolen from. Have the purported victims --the 99%-- been so looted and so raped of this great value they have created; the millions upon millions that are earned by these specialists; by these doctors, lawyers, scientists and technicians that make the so-called 1%? Will the dissolution of their regime of offering highly valuable services to society really make things just or only lead to further destruction?
OWS are protesting against:
1. Income disparity. Wages have been stagnant for decades. Productivity has risen but the benefits are all going to the top 1% who have had a 300% increase in pay.
2. Tax disparity. See: Warren Buffett.
3. The GFC. Banks gave out stupid loans, sold those loans to 401(k) funds, bet against them, and then took money from the government. The bankers made bank but everyone else got fucked by a trifecta: 401(k)s tanked, shitty economy, and an increased future tax burden.
4. Wealth disparity. See #1. Worse, since no one in the middle or working class has money, the economy is shit because no one can buy anything. Meanwhile the rich are investing but the consumer economy - the driving force behind the US - is weak.
5. Education. You'll find this one out in a few years. The minimum wage has DECREASED but education costs have increased at double the rate of inflation. Remember how people would "work their way through school?" Students cannot pay for school while they study any more. Worse, students loans are enforced by the federal government and not discharged by bankruptcy. Get $70k in debt from a school, find a $30k/year job, eat ramen every night for 20 years. If you can find a job that is! See: http://consumerist.com/studentloanscheme2.jpg
6. "Job creators." There's a lot of bullshit spouted about these mythical people and how we should cut their taxes...except taxes are LOW and there are no jobs. So we need to cut them more! (If we're crazy.)
The "1%" is shorthand for all that.
Why are they so pissed? Why are they occupying cities and will stay even through NYC's harsh winter? Because their votes mean nothing: Obama was a fraud who supports the banks and the only senator who is saying a damn thing about the situation is Bernie Sanders. One guy in 535.
Incidentally, how many "technicians" or scientists are in the top 1%? Exactly none.
PS I love the phrase "a farce of crocodile tears and envy." How can something so original sound so hackneyed? Are all of your posts constructed using Markov chains and romance novels?