Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 03:53:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Interstellar and their theories of Black Hole  (Read 187 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Heisenberg_Hunter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1583
Merit: 1276

Heisenberg Design Services

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2019, 05:27:25 AM

Astronomy has always been fasinating and with the recent revelation of the Black Hole Photograph, we are getting even more closer in studying the worlds which we are still not aware off. It's been more than a week, but I am surprised no one has still started a topic on this.

To the people who are not really aware of what a Black Hole really is, it is just a place in space which has insane gravitational pull where even the fastest travelling medium Light can't escape through them (Yes, I am aware that Universe is far more faster than light and expanding at a rapid speed). Supermassive Black Holes like Sagittarius A's creation would be highly challenging for the astro physicists to find out, but smaller black holes are formed after the supernova collision probably.

Interstellar was just a breath taking and significantly more accurate move on studying habitable exoplanets, wormholes and blackholes in the near future. We are really aware that a Black Hole consists of Singularity or a point where all the absorbed particles get accumulated. But shouldn't there be a end for anything which starts in this universe? Is spaghettification really possible after entering the Black Hole? I have read that we would face a similar situation when we are entering the atmosphere of Jupiter and the astronomer would face a tragic end if he does that.

So I have some questions on Interstellar and the physics that were explained throughout the movie by comparing them with the recently released photograph!

[1] Is Cooper dead after entering Gargantua (a supermassive black hole in a near-by galaxy) which could be reached through the wormhole present near the saturn?

[2] How is he able to contact his daughter? I do know there are some speculative theories that when entering a Black Hole you could reach the White Hole which should be a entry point for a Parallel Universe!

[3] Cooper is a human and has a normal life form as all the other people on this Earth. But how he isn't aging even after being in Miller Planet for 23 years?

Need real insights and inputs from astro physicists and people having interest on topics like these.

Local Rule : Stake and Yobit spammers are banned from posting in this thread. Unless your post is really worth spending everyone's time, I wouldn't be deleting it. This topic is not for you to showcase your brilliant shitposting qualities.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TryNinja
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 6965

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2019, 08:38:43 AM

[1] Is Cooper dead after entering Gargantua (a supermassive black hole in a near-by galaxy) which could be reached through the wormhole present near the saturn?
No? How would he be able to save the day and even come back to see his daughter?

[2] How is he able to contact his daughter? I do know there are some speculative theories that when entering a Black Hole you could reach the White Hole which should be a entry point for a Parallel Universe!
Maybe it has something to do with the black hole itself and his nature, but I think this was just used as an excuse or kind of portal by the “people from the higher dimension” (which later was revealed by Copper to be the humans thet survived and somehow managed to transcendent to other dimensions).

[3] Cooper is a human and has a normal life form as all the other people on this Earth. But how he isn't aging even after being in Miller Planet for 23 years?
Time is relative. It was explained in the movie that due to the gravity field of Gargantua, 1 hour in the planet equals 7 years on earth/space. For them, only 3 hours have passed, but for the other dude which name I can’t remember, 3 * 7 years = 23 years.

Local Rule : Stake and Yobit spammers are banned from posting in this thread. Unless your post is really worth spending everyone's time, I wouldn't be deleting it. This topic is not for you to showcase your brilliant shitposting qualities.
IIRC, the post count doesn’t increase here and neither signatures show up. So, no spammers should get interested in posting here. Also, Yobit’s campaign is dead (banned by theymos).
Farul

Activity: 270
Merit: 309

Shinji bgt gwh

View Profile
April 23, 2019, 09:04:20 AM

Need real insights and inputs from astro physicists and people having interest on topics like these.

[1] He Still Alive After Entering Blackhole, If He Died In The Blackhole, He'll Not Meet Her Daughter In The Last Scene.

[2] idk

[3] He Actually Only Stays On Miller For ~3 Hours, Her Daughter Grow So Fast Because Time Dilation.
Time Dilation Is Basically "The Faster You Are, The Slower Time That You Experience."
Miller Is Orbiting Gargantua, Which Is A Blackhole That Have Strong Gravity. Therefore, Miller Orbitting Speed Is Very Fast Compared To Earth That The Time Dilation There Was So High (1 Miller Hour= 7  Earth Year).
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1250

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2019, 09:12:09 AM

I think anyone who goes into the unknown could lead to a tragic death and no one could save you from it. I'm not an astrophysicist, but I know it's going to end up that way. Lol.

I have read of a theory where you have these black holes that could lead you to another dimension. Maybe this could be connected towards the approach of other intelligent beings are studying us and checking us how we do it. We all know that the universe is so wide and it's nearly impossible to believe that there are no other intelligent beings around us. Maybe it's just the thought of us just being an experiment? Maybe the blackholes could lead to "their" world or something like that. They exist between the stars and continue to exist, and we just haven't found it yet.

All these what if's in my mind makes me excited and at the same time scared of the reality that could become.
Heisenberg_Hunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2019, 10:11:09 AM

No? How would he be able to save the day and even come back to see his daughter?
So he doesn't experience spaghettification? For such a scientifically accurate movie, how is that really even possible? I have seen through another theory, that everything happens after he enters Gargantua is just an alternate reality and in reality he is dead already! Well, not sure but I am so sure that tidal forces will kill him easily once he enters the event horizon. If Gargantua was a smaller black hole, he would have been killed even before he entered the event horizon.

Time is relative. It was explained in the movie that due to the gravity field of Gargantua, 1 hour in the planet equals 7 years on earth/space. For them, only 3 hours have passed, but for the other dude which name I can’t remember, 3 * 7 years = 23 years.

Quote from: Farul
He Actually Only Stays On Miller For ~3 Hours, Her Daughter Grow So Fast Because Time Dilation (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_dilation).
Time Dilation Is Basically "The Faster You Are, The Slower Time That You Experience."
Miller Is Orbiting Gargantua, Which Is A Blackhole That Have Strong Gravity. Therefore, Miller Orbitting Speed Is Very Fast Compared To Earth That The Time Dilation There Was So High (1 Miller Hour= 7  Earth Year).

Is the functioning of organs based on Time Dilation? If that's the fact, then his 120 year aging is justified.

Also, Yobit’s campaign is dead (banned by theymos).
Ah, my bad. Never noticed this yesterday. Thanks.

I think anyone who goes into the unknown could lead to a tragic death and no one could save you from it. I'm not an astrophysicist, but I know it's going to end up that way. Lol.
Yes, true. Even a nearby star could end up in spaghettification and has been proven many a time. Seems like Cooper's Body is stronger than a star.  Cheesy
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12873

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 12:34:51 AM
Merited by Foxpup (3)

I just recently started watching this movie, but I hated it and ended up just skipping around in the last half of it. I found the whole situation on and near Earth to be distractingly unrealistic: even with the (probably impossible) wormholes, it'd be far easier to fix Earth or in the worst case live in airtight shelters. The writing was terrible: everything was poorly-explained, plus cringy "love can bypass the laws of physics" nonsense.

Although it was all fairly unrealistic, some of the space stuff was cool to watch and think about. I thought the whole situation with Dr Mann was especially interesting and compelling.

It's total nonsense.

I have read of a theory where you have these black holes that could lead you to another dimension.

In this case, he would've gotten burned alive by the black hole's accretion disk, which was energetic enough to produce significant light on the nearby planets. The inside of the black hole would have all of this superhot material falling in, so it'd be sort of like falling into a star.

In theories where black holes could somehow be traversed, you'd need to use a very special black hole and approach it in a very special way.

So he doesn't experience spaghettification?

In a supermassive black hole, you can theoretically survive a while past the event horizon without the gravity ripping you apart (though various other things will probably still kill you).

But the movie as a whole isn't particularly scientifically accurate...
sheenshane
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 1214

Cashback 15%

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2019, 02:07:29 PM

[1] Is Cooper dead after entering Gargantua (a supermassive black hole in a nearby galaxy) which could be reached through the wormhole present near the Saturn?

If Cooper were able to enter Gargantua, it is very impossible for him to survive. Blackhole has an extreme amount of gravitational pull that could make your human body disappear with zero dust. Just like disappearing without a trace of being existed.

[2] How is he able to contact his daughter? I do know there are some speculative theories that when entering a Black Hole you could reach the White Hole which should be an entry point for a Parallel Universe!

In the movie, it shows that Cooper was able to meet her daughter. As a normal person with a normal person's perspective, if Cooper were really able to enter the black hole, then he could have been transferred to another dimension or was fully erased by the gravitational pull and heat inside the hole.

[3] Cooper is a human and has a normal life form like all the other people on this Earth. But how he isn't aging even after being in Miller Planet for 23 years?

This one is very easy to answer though. Scientifically speaking, as an astronaut, it is extremely required for you to be physically fit to sustain and get under to the lifestyle in aerospace. Having a great physique will keep you look young.

Need real insights and inputs from astrophysicists and people having an interest in topics like these.
Heisenberg_Hunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2019, 06:19:29 AM

It's total nonsense.
Thanks for the reply theymos. LOL, yes it doesn't really make sense for a wormhole to exist but people still beleive it is one of the best scientifically accurate movies. I do watch space films a lot, but the only thing which I liked was the Appollo 13 movie which showcases the real struggle of the austronauts on board the Appollo 13 mission.

In theories where black holes could somehow be traversed, you'd need to use a very special black hole and approach it in a very special way.
Yes, but theoretically it is proven that if both black holes collide each other due to the enormous gravitational pulling existing between those 2, they would join together and form a supermassive black hole.

In a supermassive black hole, you can theoretically survive a while past the event horizon without the gravity ripping you apart (though various other things will probably still kill you).
Yes, I do agree with this fact. The inside of a black hole comprises of various disintegrated stars, space dust, comets, planets, etc. So these dust particles will be surrounding inside them. Just a small human entering that will make you collide head on with each other and kill us.

Similarly with the Jupiter thing (one of the worst planets I have ever read about). Theoretically, if you wanna die a tragic death better jump inside a black hole than Jupiter. If we jump inside them, at around 250 miles your surrounding will totally become too dark and certainly the atmospheric gases will choke your whole body. Even if you survive that with such special human made instruments, your body will experience a pressure of more than 50-75 times you are experiencing on Earth right now. So, you have a spacecraft which can withstand such huge pressures and continue travelling down. At exactly 2000-3000 miles the temperature will be too high which can melt tungsten and similarly can melt you down with those gases. So even if you figure out a way to travel past that, the atmosphere at 10,000 miles will be as hard as rock which makes you unable to travel even further. At that point of time, it is believed that you would face a counter opposite gravitational pull which will stretch your body and pull you up. While the strong atmosphere will prevent you from going up.

LOL, if you need a smooth death better jump off inside a black hole. You will be dead all of a sudden rather than having strong instruments and specialized spacecrafts and jumping inside Jupiter.  Grin

P.S It is quite interesting and funny to see how we live a beautiful life on Earth and what Earth has provided us!
Farul

Activity: 270
Merit: 309

Shinji bgt gwh

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 11:03:27 AM

Quote from: Farul
He Actually Only Stays On Miller For ~3 Hours, Her Daughter Grow So Fast Because Time Dilation (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_dilation).
Miller Is Orbiting Gargantua, Which Is A Blackhole That Have Strong Gravity. Therefore, Miller Orbitting Speed Is Very Fast Compared To Earth That The Time Dilation There Was So High (1 Miller Hour= 7  Earth Year).

Is the functioning of organs based on Time Dilation? If that's the fact, then his 120 year aging is justified.
Yes, Organ Function Is Affected By Time Dilation

This one is very easy to answer though. Scientifically speaking, as an astronaut, it is extremely required for you to be physically fit to sustain and get under to the lifestyle in aerospace. Having a great physique will keep you look young.
Even An Extremely Fit Person Will Age Too.
If Having A Great physique will keep you look young, Then Why There Are A Lot Of Athlete Is Aging?

I Think Mostly You'll Die First Because Of The Heat(Generated From The Friction With gas,etc)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: