Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:43:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Theymos publish IP address of users?  (Read 292 times)
DTalk (OP)

Activity: 135
Merit: 126

I no longer own bitcoinbangladesh.info domain.

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 04:40:46 AM
Merited by DdmrDdmr (2), o_e_l_e_o (1)

In recent days, due to transaction of bitcoin, 3 people were arested in our local, Bangladesh. Although they have some more issues like cheating people in the name of offering bitcoin transactions with an exchange site.

I am scared a little bit now. I have created a forum in my local language and directly promoting bitcoin. There's only a few stuffs are written in Bengali on internet and most of those are inappropriate. Here's the reason, I have taken step to ensure quality content/knowledge in local language. I have paid a few users out of my pocket for writing stuff in the forum so that users can get solid knowledge.

The reason of my scarcity-
I have used TOR browser both in my forum and in bitcointalk. In some cases, when I logged in bitcointalk from my mobile, I have used my phone and wasn't able to use TOR. What if our govt. search for information? Will Theymos publish my IP address provided that I have not cheated or done any illegal activities other than creating a local forum.
In my local, bitcoin and related stuff which promotes it are illegal.

কাউকে বিশ্বাস করার দরকার নাই ক্রিপ্টো জগতে, সবকিছু ভেরিফাই করতে পারবেন।
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3050

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2019, 04:49:32 AM
Merited by Foxpup (2)

It's more likely they will use your mobile provider's proxy to show where you went and when.   It depends on what you do online...

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 04:57:46 AM
Merited by theymos (2), hilariousandco (1), ABCbits (1)

theymos will provide information to law enforcement without a warrant if he believes the person has committed a serious crime with an actual victim.

If theymos receives a valid subpoena that can be enforced in the US, he will have to give up IP address information per the order. If you are being accused of "promoting bitcoin" in your country, theymos will almost certainly fight any subpoena he receives  for your information, however he may or may not be successful. I also don't think a US court would enforce a subpoena if you were only "crime" was "promoting bitcoin"
DTalk (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 04:58:42 AM
Merited by Quickseller (1)

It depends on what you do online...
Promoting bitcoin in a positive way is forbidden here. That's what I'm doing, although I have focused more on creating awareness or discussing about bitcoin appropriately.

theymos will provide information to law enforcement without a warrant if he believes the person has committed a serious crime with an actual victim.

If theymos receives a valid subpoena that can be enforced in the US, he will have to give up IP address information per the order. If you are being accused of "promoting bitcoin" in your country, theymos will almost certainly fight any subpoena he receives  for your information, however he may or may not be successful. I also don't think a US court would enforce a subpoena if you were only "crime" was "promoting bitcoin"
As like I stated before, I am only promoting bitcoin in local  language. Nothing else.

tbct_mt2

Activity: 2310
Merit: 835

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2019, 05:10:12 AM

I think you can get what you asked for in two places I give you below. I believe your answer fully answered there.
Only administrators can see your IP address. If theymos receives a request from the government or whoever then he'll likely have to give up public information depending on the details of the case. Though, how likely would it be that the government would request theymos to release information. Especially if you are just browsing and taking part in discussion.

theymos has in the past gave up public information: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=881488.0
Let's just say that case was quite substantial.

I am willing to cooperate with police on real scams. Whenever someone asks me to release a scammer's IP, I tell them to have police email me from an official police address. I have received police requests a handful of times. Mostly the cases were real scams and I gave the police the requested info. In some cases I've rejected their requests. For example, I refused to give information to some foreign version of the SEC because securities laws are unjust. Of course, you should not trust that I will act in your best interest. If you want to be anonymous, then you must use Tor (or whatever).

Here's some information too, outdated but information nonetheless: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=38253.0

In the Help Section of the forum, you can see this one: (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=help;page=profile)

.airbet.
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

6,000+
GAMES
|
WEEKLY
PROMOS
....100%....
1ST DEPOSIT
BONUS
....125%.....
2ND DEPOSIT
BONUS
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██
.PLAY NOW.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12880

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 05:28:50 AM

Right. Though you shouldn't trust anyone with stuff like this; use Tor if you're concerned. In DTalk's case it's especially important, and simple proxies are likely insufficient, since HTTP/SOCKS5 proxies are unencrypted and a man-in-the-middle could apply eg. HTTPS stripping attacks.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
DTalk (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 05:33:54 AM

Right. Though you shouldn't trust anyone with stuff like this; use Tor if you're concerned. In DTalk's case it's especially important, and simple proxies are likely insufficient, since HTTP/SOCKS5 proxies are unencrypted and a man-in-the-middle could apply eg. HTTPS stripping attacks.
I messed up sometimes forgetting that I'm doing something which is prohibited in my local. From now on, I'm going to use TOR all the time. Thank you and everyone.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: