Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:28:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is IEO? It is better to participate in IEO's rather than ICO's?  (Read 173 times)
Bobby park (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 24

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 03:59:46 PM

What is IEO?

An IEO is still technically a form of ICO, but the main difference lies in where the coin or token is offered. As you might be able to guess from its name, an IEO offers tokens through a partnering exchange, rather than directly to investors.

In a public ICO, just about anyone can participate, but in an IEO only members of that given exchange can purchase the tokens. That said, there’s little stopping you from joining an exchange if you’re interested in a specific coin due to be released, so there aren’t really creating any hurdles for the average retail investor.

In some instances it might actually be easier buying into an IEO than an ICO. Rather than having to go through the specific steps of each individual ICO, you just follow the standard procedure for buying and storing tokens from that given exchange. In many ways, it standardizes the process from offering to offering, as the exchange sets the terms of purchase.

IEO

An Initial Exchange Offering, as its name suggests, is conducted on the platform of a cryptocurrency exchange. Contrary to Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs), an IEO is administered by a crypto exchange on behalf of the startup that seeks to raise funds with its newly issued tokens.

As the token sale is conducted on the exchange’s platform, token issuers have to pay a listing fee along with a percentage of the tokens sold during the IEO. In return, the tokens of the crypto startups are sold on the exchange’s platforms, and their coins are listed after the IEO is over. As the cryptocurrency exchange takes a percentage of the tokens sold by the startup, the exchange is incentivized to help with the token issuer’s marketing operations.

IEO participants do not send contributions to a smart contract, such as governs an ICO. Instead, they have to create an account on the exchange’s platform where the IEO is conducted. The contributors then fund their exchange wallets with coins and use those funds to buy the fundraising company’s tokens.

Click for more information https://cryptopotato.com/what-is-an-initial-exchange-offering-ieo-and-how-it-differs-from-ico/

So if an IEO is not a coin offering which has conducting public or private sale. It is true that this is the new way to promote crypto currency on exchange or vice versa with a higher possible of success? 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TimeWarped

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 12:38:47 PM

Certainly, IEO has a promising future. Trust is the most important advantage of IEO. I launched in Lukki exchange (https://lukki.io). As a crowd sale is conducted on their platform, the counterparty scans every project that wants to launch IEO on its website. The team does this to maintain a good reputation by carefully checking tokens issuers. From other advantages: strong security, KYS strength, and importantly, excellent marketing support. Due to this, the coin immediately becomes liquid!!!!!
bitc0000

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 12:59:31 PM

I think IEO is better than ICOs. Here is my reasons; most exchanges doesn't promote anyhow IEO so that it won't dent their image, thus will carry out the neccessry steps to verify the team.
Also, most major exchanges tends to give high priority to IEOs with working products, thus the reason you will see most IEOs ending as swift as possible, therefore listing as at when due.
Furthermore, when an IEO have a working product and being promoted by a good exchange, the investors will end up with reasonable profit.
Now comparing IEOs with ICOs, when most ICOs have a successful sale, they won't list and you will start hearing " we are working on a product first" which will run into months and at the end only a few will be able to offer something tangible.

YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 01:14:14 PM

IEO stands for Initial Exchange Offerings I never have joined any of it but as I read it and base on my own analysis It sure tends for coins that primarily are also Exchanged site, or Exchanged Site that establishes their own coin, I guess this is more good than ICO back then because when they would give you the coin offerings you can already exchange it on their site, And IEO is a new approached that can make the crypto market and Exchange site more appealing to a variety of users, And in my own opinion it will surely take up the name of cryptocurrency that once loiter by thousands of ICO back then.
Zidan Bst

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 01:20:02 PM

In my opinion IEO is better than ICO.
Because, this token sale is holding on exchange. So it will more trusted. Then many investors will interested to participate on it.
baigreen

Activity: 625
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 01:32:49 PM

I don’t think we should focus on the type of project. The fact is that the fundraising approach should not affect the project. So it does not matter which way the project raised money. And for example, a new way of fraud appears in the stock exchanges. Which we have already seen in IDAX!
Nalbo

Activity: 870
Merit: 125

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 01:51:52 PM

The only reason why people now prefer IEO to ICO is because they believe that the exchange the IEO is being done has in some extent done research about the project and only selected the one that seems legit and potentially profitable in the future. This is also an insurance that the project token be listed on the exchange.
whtchocla7e

Activity: 392
Merit: 116

Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 01:58:25 PM

For me, ieo is better than ico, because ieo has linked with trading platforms. But I recommend you only join ieo at reputable exchanges, because there are many ieo abusing projects to cheat

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND • SPEND • SWAP • STAKE • ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 09:50:04 PM

IEO is incompatible with cryptocurrency/blockchain ideals. You can fund your project through it if you want to but there are several long-term implications to your project i wouldn't want to go into.
It is simply not a suitable way to fund a blockchain project.
Emmy92

Activity: 837
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 10:41:47 PM

The answer to your question Is YES. IEO is far more better than ICOs. In IEOs you don't worry to much about scams or the team not willing to get listed, because once IEO finishes and it was successful, list is sure. But nevertheless, just like ICOs it is quite neccessry to carry out due diligence on every project before investing.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: