Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:57:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: FPGA development board "Icarus" - DisContinued/ important announcement  (Read 207221 times)
ngzhang (OP)

Activity: 592
Merit: 501

We will stand and fight.

View Profile
February 04, 2012, 06:32:15 AM

For what it's worth it's been my experience that BTCGuild has been the most stable with the least number of rejects of many pools I've tried (by a wide margin too such that it's even worth the fee). You may want to test pointing your hashing there and see if it works better.

oh, that pool is very unstable here. you know i'm in the Great Fire Wall. now i'm using ABCpool.co

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hardpick

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

Football President

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2012, 06:49:02 AM

I expect all new products to have problems
and brought icarus to test fpga mining and the product
and 1 X 380 mh/s miner locking up is not a problem at all - so take your time to fix it

in next 6 months I want to get rid of my all GPU's based miners
and buy about 200 fpga based miners
BkkCoins

Activity: 784
Merit: 1009

firstbits:1MinerQ

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2012, 06:50:30 AM

For what it's worth it's been my experience that BTCGuild has been the most stable with the least number of rejects of many pools I've tried (by a wide margin too such that it's even worth the fee). You may want to test pointing your hashing there and see if it works better.

oh, that pool is very unstable here. you know I'm in the Great Fire Wall. now i'm using ABCpool.co
Oh. Weird. I figured since I was in Thailand it ought to be even more stable for others. I think our data mostly goes thru Singapore so maybe some other routes are worse. (We have a crazy number of hops before it even leaves Thailand.)

ngzhang (OP)

We will stand and fight.

View Profile
February 04, 2012, 06:56:39 AM

and 1 X 380 mh/s miner locking up is not a problem at all - so take your time to fix it

it's certainly a problem. and present working is around the miner software.

randomguy7

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 04, 2012, 02:53:10 PM

it's certainly a problem. and present working is around the miner software.

If someone wants to test the miner I'm currently working on, I prepared a litte prerelease for testing purposes. I'm using it to mine since about 12 hours now. PM me and I send you a copy (I don't currently have any hosting ready where I could put the file). The miner is written in java and should not be affected to much by a bad network connection. Long polling is not yet supported but it's the next thing on my list. I probably release the miner as open source when it's ready. Feedback is highly welcome Smiley.
reedlaw

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2012, 02:58:44 PM

If someone wants to test the miner I'm currently working on, I prepared a litte prerelease for testing purposes. I'm using it to mine since about 12 hours now. PM me and I send you a copy (I don't currently have any hosting ready where I could put the file). The miner is written in java and should not be affected to much by a bad network connection. Long polling is not yet supported but it's the next thing on my list. I probably release the miner as open source when it's ready. Feedback is highly welcome Smiley.

Why not host it on Github?
randomguy7

View Profile
February 04, 2012, 03:06:29 PM

Hm not sure if that works. Github is free for open source only, and I'm not ready yet to fully release it.
ngzhang (OP)

We will stand and fight.

View Profile
February 04, 2012, 03:49:22 PM

Hm not sure if that works. Github is free for open source only, and I'm not ready yet to fully release it.

email me:

ngzhang1983@msn.com

Grin
ngzhang (OP)

We will stand and fight.

View Profile
February 04, 2012, 04:21:35 PM

it works good on abcpool.co ,but can not get work on deepbit.net

Code:
C:\javaminer>java -jar RG7Miner_prerelease.jar ngzhang1983@msn.com_0 1234 pit.deepbit.net:8332 COM7
WARNING:  RXTX Version mismatch
        Jar version = RXTX-2.2pre1
        native lib Version = RXTX-2.2-20081207 Cloudhopper Build rxtx.cloudhopper.net
[2012-02-05 00:17:12,697]  [WARN]   [rg7.rg7miner.WorkMngr][]: Getwork failed (networking problem).
java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: pit.deepbit.net
        at java.net.URL.<init>(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.6.0_30]
        at rg7.rg7miner.rpc.RPCControl.send(RPCControl.java:32) ~[rsrc:./:na]
        at rg7.rg7miner.WorkMngr.run(WorkMngr.java:66) ~[rsrc:./:na]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [na:1.6.0_30]
[2012-02-05 00:17:12,704]  [TRACE]  [rg7.rg7miner.WorkMngr][]: Waiting 1 second(s), then retry.
[2012-02-05 00:17:13,704]  [WARN]   [rg7.rg7miner.WorkMngr][]: Getwork failed (networking problem).
[2012-02-05 00:17:13,705]  [TRACE]  [rg7.rg7miner.WorkMngr][]: Waiting 2 second(s), then retry.

it's certainly will be better if it can auto scan whole com port (using the dummy midstate&data), support multi-boards with one miner instance, and long pool...
maybe i'm tooooo greed.  Grin

good work!
randomguy7

View Profile
February 04, 2012, 04:58:36 PM

it works good on abcpool.co ,but can not get work on deepbit.net

Code:
C:\javaminer>java -jar RG7Miner_prerelease.jar ngzhang1983@msn.com_0 1234 pit.deepbit.net:8332 COM7
[2012-02-05 00:17:12,697]  [WARN]   [rg7.rg7miner.WorkMngr][]: Getwork failed (networking problem).
[2012-02-05 00:17:12,704]  [TRACE]  [rg7.rg7miner.WorkMngr][]: Waiting 1 second(s), then retry.
[2012-02-05 00:17:13,704]  [WARN]   [rg7.rg7miner.WorkMngr][]: Getwork failed (networking problem).
[2012-02-05 00:17:13,705]  [TRACE]  [rg7.rg7miner.WorkMngr][]: Waiting 2 second(s), then retry.

it's certainly will be better if it can auto scan whole com port (using the dummy midstate&data), support multi-boards with one miner instance, and long pool...
maybe i'm tooooo greed.  Grin

good work!

Try adding http:// to the url, it doesn't recognize it as an url. Currently there is no validation of input parameters, that code part was added in a hurry to be able to share a first usable edition. But still, you found the first bug, it should abort on MalformedURLException because further tries won't ever succeed. Default behaviour is to try for ever to make sure it starts working again after networking problems occured.
Multiple boards with one miner instance and LP are on the todo list Smiley.
I'm not sure about scanning the ports though, I wouldn't want a miner to automatically write to all my serial connections. But something like a startup flag would probably be fine.
Dhomochevsky

Activity: 242
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 04, 2012, 10:57:55 PM

Looks like I'm gonna jump on the FPGA bandwagon too. Just placed my first order today. Hope everything goes smooth.

Question for ngzhang (apologies if it's been asked before): Can the dev kits be ordered separately? Or they must be bundled with a FPGA board?
ngzhang (OP)

We will stand and fight.

View Profile
February 05, 2012, 05:02:39 AM

Try adding http:// to the url, it doesn't recognize it as an url. Currently there is no validation of input parameters, that code part was added in a hurry to be able to share a first usable edition. But still, you found the first bug, it should abort on MalformedURLException because further tries won't ever succeed. Default behaviour is to try for ever to make sure it starts working again after networking problems occured.
I'm not sure about scanning the ports though, I wouldn't want a miner to automatically write to all my serial connections. But something like a startup flag would probably be fine.

i just add a "http://" but looks like no use... maybe deepbit is a little different? BTW, i'm using windows7 64bit.

an additional beg: is it possible to add a valid nonce offset parameter to the program as a debug function? it means add or subtract a constant value to the calculated nonce. this will help me a lot on the debug flow.

thankyou~

Looks like I'm gonna jump on the FPGA bandwagon too. Just placed my first order today. Hope everything goes smooth.

Question for ngzhang (apologies if it's been asked before): Can the dev kits be ordered separately? Or they must be bundled with a FPGA board?

i replayed your mail, and certainly , the Dev kit can order separately (with the same price).
randomguy7

View Profile
February 05, 2012, 12:55:44 PM

i just add a "http://" but looks like no use... maybe deepbit is a little different? BTW, i'm using windows7 64bit.

an additional beg: is it possible to add a valid nonce offset parameter to the program as a debug function? it means add or subtract a constant value to the calculated nonce. this will help me a lot on the debug flow.

thankyou~

Hm seems I have to look into that deeper. Did the error message change after adding 'http://'?
About the nonce offset, I can add this. Right now I inverse the nonce as soon as I receive it (the displayed value in the log/console is also already inverted). Does the offset have to be added to the inverted nonce or to the nonce as it's received?.
ngzhang (OP)

We will stand and fight.

View Profile
February 05, 2012, 01:12:17 PM

here is the new error message

Code:
C:\javaminer>java -jar RG7Miner_prerelease.jar ngzhang1983@msn.com_0 1234 http://pit.deepbit.net:8332 COM7
[2012-02-05 21:03:27,794]  [WARN]   [rg7.rg7miner.WorkMngr][]: Getwork failed (networking problem).
java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 401 for URL: http://pit.deepbit.net:8332
        at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.6.0_30]
        at rg7.rg7miner.rpc.RPCControl.send(RPCControl.java:56) ~[rsrc:./:na]
[2012-02-05 21:03:27,798]  [TRACE]  [rg7.rg7miner.WorkMngr][]: Waiting 1 second(s), then retry.
[2012-02-05 21:03:30,042]  [WARN]   [rg7.rg7miner.WorkMngr][]: Getwork failed (networking problem).
java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 401 for URL: http://pit.deepbit.net:8332
        at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.6.0_30]
[2012-02-05 21:03:30,043]  [TRACE]  [rg7.rg7miner.WorkMngr][]: Waiting 2 second(s), then retry.
[2012-02-05 21:03:33,287]  [WARN]   [rg7.rg7miner.WorkMngr][]: Getwork failed (networking problem).
[2012-02-05 21:03:33,287]  [TRACE]  [rg7.rg7miner.WorkMngr][]: Waiting 3 second(s), then retry.

i must say this stuff is stable. during a bad network condition, no fault appears. the stale rate is about 3%.

now the nonce is transmit from high to low byte. if you need a byte inverse after received them, i think the off-set value must be add to the inverted nonce.
O_Shovah

Activity: 410
Merit: 252

Watercooling the world of mining

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 09:37:11 PM

Everybody

May i please direct your attention to the following thread:

Modular Python Bitcoin Miner
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=62823.0

It is a new python only FPGA board hostprogram.
It therefore runs on ethery plattform with python 2.6+ (also ARM etc)

It currently includes a module for the x6500 board.

I would like to advertise the creation of a worker module for the icarus board.
It would certainly benefit all participants.

Im not good at programming high level languages.
So maybe somebody else is willing to do so ?

TheSeven

Activity: 504

FPGA Mining LLC

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2012, 10:27:36 PM

If you change the serial protocol a bit, it might work with the SimpleRS232 interface that MPBM provides. This would also fix some other flaws that I've spotted in the interface you're currently using.
Alternatively the SimpleRS232 interface module could be adapted to fit the current bitstream, but I'd really go for the other way round.

My tip jar: 13kwqR7B4WcSAJCYJH1eXQcxG5vVUwKAqY
reedlaw

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 11:30:22 PM

Everybody

May i please direct your attention to the following thread:

Modular Python Bitcoin Miner
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=62823.0

It is a new python only FPGA board hostprogram.
It therefore runs on ethery plattform with python 2.6+ (also ARM etc)

It currently includes a module for the x6500 board.

I would like to advertise the creation of a worker module for the icarus board.
It would certainly benefit all participants.

Im not good at programming high level languages.
So maybe somebody else is willing to do so ?

Isn't the existing mining software python only? What would prevent it from running on ARM.

Has anyone tried running Icarus off of a Linux router or other such ARM device?
DeepBit
Donator

Activity: 532

We have cookies

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2012, 12:51:32 AM

Isn't the existing mining software python only? What would prevent it from running on ARM.
Has anyone tried running Icarus off of a Linux router or other such ARM device?
V1 bitstream used TCL script as mining software.
But the protocol is so simple that any programmer can create/modify other miner in less than a day.

Welcome to my bitcoin mining pool: https://deepbit.net ~ 3600 GH/s, Both payment schemes, instant payout, no invalid blocks !
Coming soon: ICBIT Trading platform
DeepBit
Donator

Activity: 532

We have cookies

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2012, 12:52:31 AM

If you change the serial protocol a bit, it might work with the SimpleRS232 interface that MPBM provides. This would also fix some other flaws that I've spotted in the interface you're currently using.
Alternatively the SimpleRS232 interface module could be adapted to fit the current bitstream, but I'd really go for the other way round.
Changing the FPGA firmware is much mode difficult and time-consuming than just modifying the mining software.

Welcome to my bitcoin mining pool: https://deepbit.net ~ 3600 GH/s, Both payment schemes, instant payout, no invalid blocks !
Coming soon: ICBIT Trading platform
ngzhang (OP)

We will stand and fight.

View Profile
February 08, 2012, 05:09:42 AM

All that is needed is an east wind
 Grin

some improvement on 3rd batch:

cooling update
power module efficiency increase 5%
etc

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: