Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 08:39:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help for new Bitcoin Project ...  (Read 127 times)
PBGroup (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2019, 04:56:19 PM

Hello

I'm not sure, if I may post about a bitcoin project that we started yesterday, here in this section. But sins I really need some help, to kick-start the project, do I try Wink

First, I'd like to explain the story behind the project, so why it came to that.

Last month, I wanted to travel from northern Germany to southern Spain and thought it would be a good idea to start the trip exclusively with Bitcoin and Co. That's why I started searching the web for bitcoin payment options. I also quickly found a few overview pages. Unfortunately, around 80% of the listed places either did not exist or did not accept Bitcoin anymore. That was pretty frustrating. So I wondered what I could do about it.

So I sat down and designed a "Bitcoin accepted here" directory, where the listings are up-to-date and remain so.

I also added an affiliate program, so that users who want to support the directory also have some of it. We'll pay $5 for each listing to the advertiser (affiliate). Our listings cost $12 for 365 days (BASIC).

As you can see, the directory has all the basic requirements to grow up, we just need help now.

If you want to support us, just have a look at our "Bitcoin accepted here" directory at https://bitcoin-accepted.org.

I hope that I did not break the rules with this post. If so, I apologize in advance Wink

Kind regards Soraya de Vries  Roll Eyes

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DaCryptoRaccoon

Activity: 1198
Merit: 580

OGRaccoon

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 05:01:07 PM

Nice idea just watch for fake services the last thing you want it to advertise fake listings that may lead to visitors being scammed.
Do you have a vetting procedure in place to vet each application?

I do think a new updated list of places to buy with bitcoin is a very good idea but take note there any many scams out there that may take the cheap advertising and just run with customer funds.

I look forward to seeing updates on this.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
┃   💎 Mine Solo with CKPool 💎    ┃
┃    ➤ Hit Blocks on Your Own!      ┃
┃ ███▓▓  ███▓▓  ███▓▓  ███▓▓┃
PBGroup (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2019, 05:05:32 PM

You are right, but we check all listings, before they go online. So if a place wanted to get added, should they also accept Bitcoin, otherwise will we not add them, and just rufund them. The project is not to earn big cash, but to grow an up to date directory of Bitcoin accepting places.

Kind regards Soraya de Vries  Wink
davis196

Activity: 2954
Merit: 906

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 05:27:23 PM

You are right, but we check all listings, before they go online. So if a place wanted to get added, should they also accept Bitcoin, otherwise will we not add them, and just rufund them. The project is not to earn big cash, but to grow an up to date directory of Bitcoin accepting places.

I guess you didn't understand OP's question.
It's not about accepting bitcoin or not.It's about listing possible scammers on your directory that ARE currently accepting bitcoin and scamming other people.

PBGroup (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2019, 05:40:24 PM

I guess you didn't understand OP's question.
It's not about accepting bitcoin or not.It's about listing possible scammers on your directory that ARE currently accepting bitcoin and scamming other people.

ok, that's something that I never heard before.  Shocked Is there a list of bitcoin scammers ? If not, could I add it to bitcoin-accepted.org - like an BLACKLIST for Bitcoin scammer.
If you know some URLs of scammers, would I like to get them, so I can check them and "blacklist" them Wink

Sins I had to wait, before I can post, did I just checked google for bitcoin scammer, and you are right, there are several lists with bitcoin scammer. So I guess, that you will find a blacklist on our directory in the near future Wink Thank you for the important information.  Kiss

PS: Sorry for my late answer, I'm new, so I have to wait 360 seconds before I can post again.
PBGroup (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2019, 11:15:16 AM

Hello
I just wanted to inform you, that our "Bitcoin accepted here" project is running. We already had to pay 1 affiliate 20$ after 2 days. Thank's for that good work, keep it up.
I talked to around 50 companies in germany the last 2 days, and the feedback is quiet good. People accept, to pay 12$ for 365 days Smiley They can see the logic in it, that we want an up-to-date directory, and therefor ask a small amount to list a place.

Jörg-Owe and I are just checking, if we translate the directory to spanish and german to start with. This would give non english speaking people the chance to add a listing. I know that german and spanish speaking people have problems with the english language Wink

So if we are going to translate into german and spanish, will we also add new possibilities to list a place. You can then chose to get your content translated into the other languages, that we provide. It's an extra, that can be ordered for small money. We are currently trying to put together a team of translators to get the translation on the way quickly and easily.

What do you think about the idea, to provide the Bitcoin accepted here project in several languages ?
Do you maybe know a translator, that is willing to translate from english to german or to spanish ?

I would like to hear what you think about it.

Kind regards Soraya de Vries Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: