Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:20:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Coming Dec 1] The CASASCIUS 10 BTC 1 oz SILVER ROUND  (Read 2036 times)
casascius (OP)
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2011, 08:00:01 PM
Last edit: December 01, 2011, 02:26:45 AM by casascius

I am thrilled to be able to announce that I will soon have a silver round worth real bitcoins.

This 1 troy ounce silver round is patterned after my other two coins so they all look like a matched set.  The front side has the big B bitcoin logo, and the back side has a hologram concealing the private key worth 10 bitcoins.

This round will also come in a protective capsule with an available gift box.  It's at the perfect price point for a moderately sized gift (final price to be announced later).

I am expecting a decent chance that these will be able to ship prior to Dec 1.  They will be available for purchase at Casascius.com for BTC, as well as MemoryDealers.com for USD.  I am considering accepting pre-orders, mainly if there is an interest in locking in the price, since it will fluctuate on both the silver and the BTC.

(I am also considering doing a 1000 BTC 1oz gold coin to fill out the set, but obviously this is a niche item only for the serious collector, since this would be a ~$5000 coin.  Would do this as a pooled one-time run.  PM if interested.)

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitPay Business Solutions

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2011, 08:07:12 PM

I am thrilled to be able to announce that I will soon have a silver round worth real bitcoins.

This 1 troy ounce silver round is patterned after my other two coins so they all look like a matched set.  The front side has the big B bitcoin logo, and the back side has a hologram concealing the private key worth 10 bitcoins.

This round will also come in a protective capsule with an available gift box.  It's at the perfect price point for a moderately sized gift (final price to be announced later).

I am expecting a decent chance that these will be able to ship prior to Dec 1.  They will be available for purchase at Casascius.com for BTC, as well as MemoryDealers.com for USD.  I am considering accepting pre-orders, mainly if there is an interest in locking in the price, since it will fluctuate on both the silver and the BTC.

(I am also considering doing a 1000 BTC 1oz gold coin to fill out the set, but obviously this is a niche item only for the serious collector, since this would be a ~$5000 coin.  Would do this as a pooled one-time run.  PM if interested.)

Awesome!!!!!

So 10 bitcoins of value ($30), plus the value of one once of silver ($35), plus your tooling costs and margin, so something around the $90-$100 price point?

BitPay : The World Leader in Bitcoin Business Solutions

https://bitpay.com

Does your website accept bitcoins?
casascius (OP)
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2011, 08:09:24 PM
Last edit: November 09, 2011, 08:59:28 PM by casascius

Awesome!!!!!

So 10 bitcoins of value ($30), plus the value of one once of silver ($35), plus your tooling costs and margin, so something around the $90-$100 price point?

That's what I'll be shooting for.

It'll be a little more at Memory Dealers, only because you're really paying for the privilege of paying with PayPal or credit card and his free shipping promotion whenever he's running it.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
Coinabul

Activity: 588

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2011, 08:41:15 PM

Very nice Smiley
Good luck pushing it out Casascius! I can't wait to see some pictures.

Coinabul.com - Gold Unbarred
Website owners, let me put my ads on your site! PM me!
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
November 09, 2011, 08:47:50 PM

My family is gonna be so sick of getting Casascius coins this Christmas!!!

They'll thank me later...
BitPay Business Solutions

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2011, 08:49:50 PM

My family is gonna be so sick of getting Casascius coins this Christmas!!!

They'll thank me later...

+1 for each of my family members too

BitPay : The World Leader in Bitcoin Business Solutions

https://bitpay.com

Does your website accept bitcoins?
Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2011, 10:40:41 PM

Go Casascius!

My family is getting some shiny Bitcoin gifts as well... Smiley

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
pointbiz

Activity: 437
Merit: 415

1ninja

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 03:19:01 AM

cool.

Coder of: https://www.bitaddress.org      Thread
Open Source JavaScript Client-Side Bitcoin Wallet Generator
Donations: 1NiNja1bUmhSoTXozBRBEtR8LeF9TGbZBN   PGP
crawdaddy

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 03:27:39 AM

This round will also come in a protective capsule with an available gift box.  It's at the perfect price point for a moderately sized gift (final price to be announced later).

I am expecting a decent chance that these will be able to ship prior to Dec 1.  They will be available for purchase at Casascius.com for BTC, as well as MemoryDealers.com for USD.  I am considering accepting pre-orders, mainly if there is an interest in locking in the price, since it will fluctuate on both the silver and the BTC.

You should talk to the people over at http://delvalleysilver.com/ they might be welling to open up their market to you.

"The only security men can have for their political liberty, consists in keeping their money in their own pockets".
Lysander Spooner
likuidxd

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 05:40:20 AM

Beautiful! I can't wait to see the product!

btc_artist

Activity: 154
Merit: 101

Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2011, 08:26:40 PM

Cool. I'll probably order at least one! Smiley

BTC: 1CDCLDBHbAzHyYUkk1wYHPYmrtDZNhk8zf
LTC: LMS7SqZJnqzxo76iDSEua33WCyYZdjaQoE
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1130

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2011, 08:30:51 PM

Sounds great and given the high quality of all your other products I am sure they will be beautiful.  I will buy some for sure.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
silverfuture
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1008

central banking = outdated protocol

View Profile
November 15, 2011, 07:11:30 AM

I'll take one when available.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NastyFans - The Fan Club for Bitcoin Enthusiasts | MININGCOINS | POOL | ESCROW
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1130

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2011, 02:45:24 PM

With that username you almost have to Smiley

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
silverfuture
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1008

central banking = outdated protocol

View Profile
November 15, 2011, 07:39:39 PM

With that username you almost have to Smiley
  I do feel somewhat compelled Cheesy

NastyFans - The Fan Club for Bitcoin Enthusiasts | MININGCOINS | POOL | ESCROW
casascius (OP)
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2011, 02:26:32 AM

I am expecting to have the silver round on Dec 1.

likuidxd

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 01, 2011, 02:51:29 AM

I am expecting to have the silver round on Dec 1.

Put one on hold for me buddy!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: