Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:48:00 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Tether Lied to You, and is basically worthless  (Read 197 times)
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 07:20:34 AM

Tether is really a problem, it has been discussed a long time ago about whether or not $ 1 / 1USDT support. In addition, Tether was accused of being behind a pump of bitcoin prices in 2017. For those reasons, Tether was not always trusted by users.
Although there are many accusations but Tether is still in top 10 CMC , I don't understand why it could be so? I do not accuse Tether of fraud or fraud, because we still do not have proof of authenticity, but I will not hold Tether long, it is too dangerous.
Now you have said the reason why they are still staying on top, because everything has always been pure speculation and not fact, when news is created based on speculation and there is no proof or whatsoever t backup the claim, then it becomes very useless in having any negative effect on the project.

If tether were really behind the pump of BTC is 2017, then why have we not seen its effect again, since it is so easy to manipulate the market of Bitcoin, to me, tether has served me better than what it is out there written about it, I just see it as mere FUD news that is not true to displace them of their 10th position.
Bitcotalk

Activity: 966
Merit: 517

View Profile
May 03, 2019, 05:52:55 AM
Last edit: May 03, 2019, 10:52:27 AM by Bitcotalk

https://cointelegraph.com/news/fractional-reserve-stablecoin-tether-only-74-backed-by-fiat-currency-say-lawyers

As part of an ongoing legal process involving the New York Attorney General,
Zoe Phillips of law firm Morgan Lewis said that at the time of writing,
74% of Tether’s reserves had USD and equivalent backing.

Which means by the time you read it, that 74% could be 50% or even zero.

Bitfinex CEO has been playing tether users for fractional reserve fools this entire time,
and using tether for his personal piggy bank.

Well at least you can know your money went to fund cocaine and hookers.  Tongue

Bitfinex CEO
[im g]http://www.quickmeme.com/img/18/18b9b55f0335b3008aec2311285b872b7bdd69559a668fb6ffb295ece7435968.jpg[/img]

SOON. The Mad Dash before the collapse.  Smiley
[im g]https://steemitimages.com/DQmWs2Lyh4hBerEcvZmhNxuUofa7cJsXLwKLbtPP7iuANcT/Mad-Rush.jpg[/img]
Right from time I have never been a fan of tether because I knew that something shady was going on with them, especially when they said there was a reserve where money is being pumped into so that they can maintain the price of the coin, I knew that it wasn't true but I just had to make use of the coin because it's a stable one and the value cannot change that way giving me a lot of project in the market when I trade between working.
jessyj48

Activity: 756
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 03, 2019, 06:22:45 AM

What ever it is with tether this days I still don't get it, tether has been around for long now and I can't start saying its bad without enough evidence ,people are still using tether though if you don't like tether there are few other stable coins out there

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: