Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:01:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ideas for improving local boards?  (Read 587 times)
hugeblack (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 3592

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2019, 10:00:38 AM
Merited by dbshck (4), DdmrDdmr (1), dkbit98 (1), TheBeardedBaby (1)

There's a wide disparity between posts in some local boards, some are good and the other frustrating. What are your Ideas to encourage newbies to make a good-quality discussion in local boards "Encourage them to create topics and then improve the quality of those posts"?
Also, how to reach the level of interaction as on some boards?[1]

[1]
Quote from: https://public.tableau.com/profile/ddmrddmr#!/vizhome/BitcointalkMeritDashboard/ReceivedMeritStreaks

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cabalism13
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1165

🤩Finally Married🤩

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 10:09:16 AM
Merited by dbshck (4), Farma (1), DdmrDdmr (1), tranthidung (1), yazher (1)

Giving yourself as an example, might do the trick. Be their inspiration.
Explaining them on what they should do.
Helping them nourish their brains.
Having a serious discussions with them about some issues.
Every faulty activities should be corrected and guide them on how will they correct it.
Letting them see the efforts that you're doing for them, maybe somehow they'll appreciate it. Even if not, never stop from doing so.
Keep them from pushing forward.

And also keep them at bay for they're just like some other kids IRL.

This is currently what we're doing on our board.
YOSHIE
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1759

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 10:40:15 AM

In this case the most important thing is to develop quality post concepts in your local area, at least there must be a form of developing ideas from the main topic. Most of the beginners, in this case find it difficult to develop ideas from topics made in the local Forum.

I think what you have to do now is develop ideas from you, explore a concept or idea from the topic we will discuss.

For example:
1. Give more understanding and analyze the concepts surrounding the ideas of posts that are interconnected in the forum.

2. Give opportunities to find new ideas so that it can simplify the thought process for beginners when posting.

3. Helps in making it easier to remember the information posted in the concepts compiled.

Maybe that's an idea that I can give.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 10:49:20 AM

What if every signature campaign will require the participants to have at least 3 post on their Local Board? I think this is enough now to have some active local board to help every newbies on their local.

And i believe having post on local board can also prevent the sold account to make money on signature campaign. Let’s see what would be the reaction of every campaign manager on this one.
CryptopreneurBrainboss
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 4130

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2019, 10:55:44 AM
Merited by dbshck (4)

Less criticizing or immediate reporting and more correction and encouragement in regards to them improving on their posting skills can go a long way. If truely these newbies are new comers and not alt accounts of already existing members the way you approach them on these local boards determine their engagement on the board. And for a local board to progress they need more active members therefore the hospitality of the local board can also help in regards to newbies developing themselves into quality poster through creating quality contents.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
yazher

Activity: 2170
Merit: 585

You own the pen

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 11:10:53 AM

With more people in our local board that have lots of knowledge about cryptocurrencies, the more we can attract newbies to stay on our local board. almost every day we have some users posting guides, tips and other things related to crypto. in that way, we manage to keep our local board alive and Hey! I forgot one thing our Senior Members sponsored a prediction competition, where you can win some decent amount of ETH without spending anything. maybe this kind of strategy will effectively let the newbie stay and focus on learning.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
cabalism13
Legendary

🤩Finally Married🤩

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 11:18:36 AM

What if every signature campaign will require the participants to have at least 3 post on their Local Board? I think this is enough now to have some active local board to help every newbies on their local.

And i believe having post on local board can also prevent the sold account to make money on signature campaign. Let’s see what would be the reaction of every campaign manager on this one.

This can't be possible... Just imagine on how will the manager make a quick review on the participant's posts on their boards if it isn't written in English. If there will be a rule that posts on Boards should somewhat have a translation on English then I guess, this might be considered as valid to the CM's eyes. We still have to consider that each and everyone of us here has their own Mother Language if it isn't English.
DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 10727

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2019, 12:54:27 PM
Last edit: May 03, 2019, 08:20:41 AM by DdmrDdmr

I figure local boards have different situations and are currently at different levels of maturity judging by the number of posts being created, and the childboards within. As we know, many people that are fluent enough in various languages tend to roam primarily or even exclusively the English boards, finding them more interesting in content and dynamic on the whole.

Nevertheless, multilingual people are possibly one of the greater assets the forum has to potentially boost the local boards, and giving it a go every now and then on the local boards can be a booster if enough multilinguals take a swoop at local boards.

My local board for example is pretty underactive in relation to its potential by language extension. Every now and then some consolidates accounts fly by and post on local board, surprising me that they had any domain of the language, more often than not being actually native to it (I’d seen then around the English sections). That kind of attitude, if recurring and extended, can help bring some interesting content to local boards, making them more attractive.

Obviously, ranks are something that people tend to value, so local boards should have enough inherent options to allow for ranking-up to be achievable, at a good enough pace, for those that post solely or mainly on the local boards.
The Cryptovator
Legendary

Merit: 2169

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2019, 01:04:12 PM

DarkStar gave enough opportunity to improve local borad  Wink(Fun). Anyway, local borad is important because, we need spread the word about bitcoin. And obviously we should improve it. I have not much suggestion, because may be question will riase why am I not active on local board. I already gave answer, and once again I want to say that I don't have local borad on my native language.

First thing is, we need increase awareness about local boa3d. Once I join first time then I wasn't aware there is local board for most of country. So this is one week point. Mist of newbies don't know use of forum from beginning, so it's normal that they are not aware about their local board.

Second thing is, quality posters and contributors should active on their native board. So people's will learn from them. Also newbies should raise questions what they don't know, so senior users could give them answers. So everyone should participate in order to improve local board.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
qwertyup23

Merit: 786

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 01:11:01 PM

Taking our local board as an example (Philippines local board), the lack of a merit source heavily influences the number of threads being created by newbies. Every now and then, there are noteworthy threads/guides being created but some lose the will to contribute due to a lack of incentives given.

I am very much aware that merits should not be the focal point on why people contribute to the forum but having that incentive would most likely affect the overall activity of our local boards. This will give them the extra boost and motivation to go the extra mile in exploring all the possibilities of helping one another.

By taking positive reinforcement as an example, employees in a company that understand both mission and vision of the company, know their priorities, and continue to strive higher would more likely contribute to the company more (incentive follows!).

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
r1s2g3

Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 03:58:06 PM

Appoint the local moderators on priority that will definitely weed out the rubbish and appoint some merit sources in local board that will encourage the user to post some interesting and discussion worthy post.

I am alive
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 09:03:45 PM

This can't be possible... Just imagine on how will the manager make a quick review on the participant's posts on their boards if it isn't written in English.
Google translate to English can give a rough overview about the post itself, so posts on the local boards can be checked more or less as easily as the english posts. Of course google translate can be tricky in connection with a few special languages, but the main languages are covered and the translation is good usually
creeps

Merit: 144

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 11:02:27 PM
Merited by Halab (2)

This can't be possible... Just imagine on how will the manager make a quick review on the participant's posts on their boards if it isn't written in English.
Google translate to English can give a rough overview about the post itself, so posts on the local boards can be checked more or less as easily as the english posts. Of course google translate can be tricky in connection with a few special languages, but the main languages are covered and the translation is good usually
That could be possible, and its happening now (DarkStar already looks for a local poster on his campaign).

CLOUDBET SIGNATURE CAMPAIGN - LOCAL POSTER WANTED!

A great new campaign who looks for a local poster specifically on the local board of PHILIPPINES, INDIA, RUSSIAN, and FRENCH with a great bonus paying rate. This can help the local board to be more active, and this problem can slowly be resolve.
cryptovigi

Activity: 714
Merit: 611

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 09:38:08 PM
Merited by DdmrDdmr (2)

Activating the local community is not an easy task. I know, because we have been trying to do this for several months together with several users of Polish local board. Initially, I was convinced that it was only a matter of the number of merits distributed on the local board, but after a few months, when we were able to definitely increase the number of merits, it turned out that this is not enough. We also tried contests for good posts, bitcoin predictions etc. but the effects are not the best. Fortunately, our involvement has had some effects and now regular posters on the Polish board are a few more but I still hope that they will be able to collect a much larger group.

In the case of the Polish local board, we also have this problem, that in Poland there is a local forum which gathers significantly more users, and a large part of those who are active on bitcointalk choose general boards.

In general, according to my own experience, activating the local community is a very difficult task, and requires the work of local moderators (but not in the sense of guarding the rules of the forum, spam removal, etc.) but those who will be involved in encouraging discussions, creating new topics and starting up and provide content that in a sense will persuade others to be active.

cabalism13
Legendary

🤩Finally Married🤩

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 09:58:25 PM

-snip
I may have a ridiculous nightmare if our Board turns out to be the same, I hope before this year ends, my Board together with the non active Local Boards will have its lively environment again even though Bitcoin has a low value compared on 2017.

Let's hope while doing our best.

(For now, been waiting for our Merit Source Approval)
RapTarX

Activity: 1358
Merit: 850

View Profile
May 03, 2019, 03:44:52 AM
Last edit: May 03, 2019, 05:07:52 AM by RapTarX

With this sort of requirements, you can only force someone to increase the quantity of posts in local board. But remember, quality is needed so that newbies in local, can learn something.
You can't expect quality (in most case) through paid posting. Unless someone is interested, it's not possible to increase the activity in local.
Some people don't participate in local because sometimes they feel they need to hide something, protect their privacy. This can be another reason.

btcsmlcmnr

Activity: 546
Merit: 159

View Profile
May 03, 2019, 04:31:04 AM

There are some reasons to keep users using local boards:
- Due to their limited English, so they feel unpretentious with their English, and don't have intention to improve, they will stick with local boards.
- Due to their dedication to help locals in local boards. They can help proficient English but they have interests to stick with local boards to help others with their knowledge and skills. However, those users actually join other boards, maybe to read only or even discuss.

There are some reasons from which users don't have interests to use their local boards:
- Spam: they feel tired of spam and shitposts, so they left their boards.
- Boring/inactive boards: They don't have interests to join boards that looks very inactive, then they left.

Consequently, to improve local boards, there are so many things to do, and that can not be reached with only innitiatives from staffs, mods, merit sources or limited outstanding users. It depends on all members in local boards. When users stop spamming, and change their attitude of posting habits in their boards, to contribute more with their posts, their local boards will become more active, more interesting. It is the same what happened with bitcointalk.org, before merit system started, many users left due to terrible spamming, now they likely joined back or new users feel more interesting to join the forum (spamming almost elimimated).
Sharon121212

Activity: 280
Merit: 215

View Profile
May 03, 2019, 05:15:16 AM

*let the merit distribution be more felt in the local board than it is at the moment and u don't mean it should be abused just judiciously distributed
*more learned my members be more active in there local board this can spore them to be more constructive

Halab
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 2016

I find your lack of faith in Bitcoin disturbing.

View Profile
May 03, 2019, 02:01:43 PM
Merited by khaled0111 (1)

and requires the work of local moderators (but not in the sense of guarding the rules of the forum, spam removal, etc.) but those who will be involved in encouraging discussions, creating new topics and starting up and provide content that in a sense will persuade others to be active.

A kind of community manager ? Sometimes I feel like a mother, an older brother, a cop, a garbage man. If I also need to be a community manager, being mod becomes a full-time job and in this case I will have to talk to Theymos about a pay increase Smiley.

The good content must be provided by everyone.

And I don't have exact figures, but ~95% of new users who post in the French section come for:
- A technical problem. And they don't come back once they have their answer.
- To promote their website or place their ref links. And they don't come back anymore or just to keep promoting their website.
- To make money. But they don't come back when they realize that airdrops don't pay any more or when they understand the ranking system.

Between all this, there are a few newbies who come, get interested and hang on, but it's still very very rare.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2019, 10:51:20 PM

It's difficult mission to improve local boards. Actually, some local boards like Philippines, Russia, Indonesia and few others is very active and probably need any improvement. It's probably because these countries have big population and lot of people interested in crypto. My country don't have dedicated board, just thread in Other languages & locations and I can say it's dead. There was only 2 posts made in 2018. Even when Bitcoin was at $20 000 things were same as now there. People just used other communication channels to discuss - social networks, some local boards. So - what I can do to improve our thread - talk to myself? Actually, I know enough Bitcointalk users from my country, but they prefer to discuss in English boards. It's a problem of country with small population - no matter what you will do, it's just impossible with limited number of people to compete with content written in English. There is even a probkem with books - not all popular books are being translated to our language because it's just not worth to do that and people are forced to read some books in English and other languages.
There is some ways how we can improve local boards, but I think it can have only minimal influence. If you see potential in your local board, try to be more active there, start some discussions, help other users and etc - it's important to play your own role before complaining about something. Having active Merit source in local board may help, but it's not key factor.
And public secret - probably many people aren't very active in local boards because most of sig campaigns/bounties aren't paying for posts in these sections. Now Cloudbet campaign is looking for local posters in their campaign - it will be interesting to watch results of this experiment. But there is one problem related with signature campaigns and local posts - if manager don't understand that language, it will be more difficult for hime to check quality of posts there.
And another thing - theymos can't find mods for some local boards - it shows that situation is really bad in some boards and it will be difficult to change something there.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: