Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 11:26:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where does the consensus mechanism for holding money come from?  (Read 140 times)
liuyanian (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 07:54:17 AM

Where does the consensus mechanism for holding money come from? Needless to say, BTC, what about other currencies?
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 09:11:24 AM

Where does the consensus mechanism for holding money come from? Needless to say, BTC, what about other currencies?
It would be nice if you can explain more about what you are trying to say because I am still yet to understand you, what money are you talking about, is it the fiat money we all know or are you talking about Bitcoin itself, and if you are talking about bitcoin, what do you mean by consensus in holding money, is it based on staking or what, you need to make it clear so that we can give you the right answer you desire, because I'm yet to understand what you really want.
Awesomus Maximus

Activity: 392
Merit: 66

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 09:20:00 AM

What exactly is your question. The consensus mechanism of BTC is Proof of Work - PoW. Where does it come from? It way inveted by Satoshi Nakamoto. The other coins also use PoW, some of them have switched to Proof of Stake, which is alternative consensus mechanism, which is still rather questionable and hasn't been thoroughly checked in practice. So if you ask me I would tell you that PoW is the only safe consesus mechanism out there.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: