Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:14:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to recover when you are down 90% of your portfolio?  (Read 586 times)
CryptoLing

Activity: 493
Merit: 28

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 06:40:19 AM

To recover 90% loss you must get 900% profit and it just to make your portfolio back. Now think about this, is there any coin out there that can give you 900% profit? If not, then just cut your loss and move on.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
marycrazy08 (OP)

Activity: 83
Merit: 1

Peace and love

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 06:59:40 AM

Do you guys recommend to just invest in the top 10-20 coins?
OrangeSeller

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 09:55:04 AM

Hey guys, my friends and I were down 90% of our crypto portfolio. We bought at the highs and we bought shitcoins. Now we are still down significantly and i just want to ask if you guys have strategy to recover from this? Cheers!

If I were you, the first thing I would do is study how to trade like a professional. If you succeed in this, get rid of your smallest bags which looks dead (no dev, abandoned, etc). Sell them for BTC. Use this BTC to trade.

The most promising ones you keep for the next three years, you never know. You can also try to increase the size of these bags by trading them.
It is bad to hear about your loss but this is uncertain market and you can win and loose anytime. I think you guys will get your value recovered. Not all altcoin are bad, I assume you have ETH and maybe Litecoin and if you see the list for the best coins in the market, they are there. My strategy with Bitcoin when I loose value is I HODL until I reach back my initial value of investment and start gaining. I would have suggested you the same strategy had you had Bitcoin.
The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 2170

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2019, 10:03:52 AM

Hey guys, my friends and I were down 90% of our crypto portfolio. We bought at the highs and we bought shitcoins. Now we are still down significantly and i just want to ask if you guys have strategy to recover from this? Cheers!
Feeling sad that you have losed fund on trading. I don't know about your trading strategy. But I am suspecting that you have made few mistakes. Like you have jump each coin to another coin and that was almost shitcoin. First thing is you need to select a better exchange who will not add much shitcoin. It's possible to recover by trading with proper way and need enough patience. First you should use stop loss, so your loss will be minimized. If you like to jump another coin then obviously choose a potential coin which will likely up trend. Don't make multiple decisions and don't be confused. Do whatever you want with confident. There is few guidelines about trading on this board just try to search and learn more.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
lovesmayfamilis
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 4266

✿♥‿♥✿

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2019, 03:01:14 PM

Yes. Obviously, these are the coins that a novice trader can hope for. All coins that are lower can carry big risks. If there was one loss in the sale, you may need to draw big conclusions for yourself. You need to understand your mistakes and be very careful.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
popolite11

Activity: 882
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 04:11:10 PM

Restart your portfolio and try to never did the same mistake again.

Shitcoins will never rise again. Therefore no sense of waiting it to become bloom again. They are basically dead projects now.

Move on and accept all the losses you have made.

Shitcoins will never rise: they are always created for a pump/dump stuff. It is better to invest in Bitcoin and the altcoins, which are in the top-20. I trust DASH, Litecoin, Monero.
marycrazy08 (OP)

Activity: 83
Merit: 1

Peace and love

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 01:53:45 AM

Restart your portfolio and try to never did the same mistake again.

Shitcoins will never rise again. Therefore no sense of waiting it to become bloom again. They are basically dead projects now.

Move on and accept all the losses you have made.

Shitcoins will never rise: they are always created for a pump/dump stuff. It is better to invest in Bitcoin and the altcoins, which are in the top-20. I trust DASH, Litecoin, Monero.

Thank you for your recommendation. I am closely monitoring BNB, what do you think on this?
emmybd

Activity: 1218
Merit: 112

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2019, 02:54:20 AM

In my opinion, the best way to recover when you are 90% down is to do fresh investment, as the price of the most cryptos are down, so if you invest now then it would be easy for you to recover your funds when the market goes in bull trend.

GreatArkansas
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1345

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2019, 04:00:55 AM

It's still risky to invest in top 10-20. Consider also your risk:reward ration on that. There's still possibility that those top 10-20 coins will be dead in the future just what happened few years ago, look who's the top 10 to 20 before, where are they now?

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
futile-resistance

Activity: 840
Merit: 516

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 05:58:04 AM

Are the shitcoins you invested into dead already? Compare their volume and daily trading limits and you can even now have some faith from those shitcoins if they are not yet dead tokens. HODL no matter what the situation becomes and once the price for the coin goes below your stop-loss than there is nothing rather then to sell those coins at a loss of hold them if you have any faith in them.

Be patient and never panic sell. If you want to yet cover your losses then you should invest in some of the major altcoins who can show us good growth ahead in these coming bull markets. Bitcoins is the first preference as we can surely see good price for bitcoins ahead as the markets start rising.
Bitcotalk

Activity: 966
Merit: 517

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 06:17:55 AM

what your are feeling as same at people who begin investment of cryptocurrency, for i know some people just relax for this situation, do sporting, party and playing as ussuall. they don't thingking what did investment a year. let's go to party man
Partying sounds a lot unprofessional. Peoples who have time for partying have very less time for their financial career. No matter what the situation turns, you should never forget why you are here. You are here to have some good profits and not just to buy some shitcoins and concentrate on partying. The investments you make will make you rich tomorrow so you really have to think twice before you invest into any coin.

A perfect investment can lead you have immense profits ahead. Starting early investments is also a good sign of profitable future. The only strategy to get out from this would be to buy some stable coins and wait for them to pump so that you can sell on peak by keeping a stop-loss to avoid unnecessary loss.
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 07:36:57 AM

With 90% down on your portfolio, there isn't much you can do except pray and hope (that's if you're the praying type) that it turns bull again. You have really cut deep into your capital without any MM (Money Management) in place. This is a bad trading strategy. In fact, it's not a strategy at all. And to say those coins are shitcoins, only the worst can happen right now because shitcoins hardly recover from a crash.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 07:50:57 AM

With 90% down on your portfolio, there isn't much you can do except pray and hope (that's if you're the praying type) that it turns bull again. You have really cut deep into your capital without any MM (Money Management) in place. This is a bad trading strategy. In fact, it's not a strategy at all. And to say those coins are shitcoins, only the worst can happen right now because shitcoins hardly recover from a crash.
That percentage amount of your loss in your portfolio might you didn't monitor your all coins movement that is a quite huge amount of loss. Because if you know which coin that you think to become shitcoin you can quickly divert it into bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies which is potentially grown and surely you can earn a profit, isn't it right?
If you feel that one of your holding coins was going down you can divert it into a good coin which is good to trade. Here is some tip of minimizing loss while holding your bitcoin on the exchange, when bitcoin is going down you divert to USDT which is stable but you can still monitor on it.
beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1156

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 09:13:20 AM

The best is to keep that portfolio aside till the bull run comes and start investing in newer projects that have very good products, at least by now, I am sure that you would have leant from the mistakes you made in your investment that led you to accumulating much of those shitcoins.

Those shitcoins will still come back to life during the altcoins season, but I may not promise that you will see profit then, but I can guarantee that you will be able to get your capital out, which you can then use to invest in bitcoin, but we still have a long way to go in this. So pending that time, buy new good coins and trade with it.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
bonker

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 09:45:36 AM

If you are holding the shit coins yet then better convert it into some of recognized cryptos like ethereum or bitcoin and then just wait for the bull run to hit your coin and star reap your profits at the right time.

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 10:14:05 AM

Identifying mistakes from previous actions that you've done will give you good insight what to do next, you said you have shitcoins inside your wallets so if I were you, I'll begin to work with that, shitcoins while still have some value needs to be sold, then use the money to divert your investment to another coin/s that have potential growth, start investigating and studying those coins around top 50 alts and select which are the best coins to hold, the expected bull will help you to recover as long as you have patience to wait.
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 12:16:53 PM

If I were you, the first thing I would do is study how to trade like a professional. If you succeed in this, get rid of your smallest bags which looks dead (no dev, abandoned, etc). Sell them for BTC. Use this BTC to trade.

The most promising ones you keep for the next three years, you never know. You can also try to increase the size of these bags by trading them.
It is bad to hear about your loss but this is uncertain market and you can win and loose anytime. I think you guys will get your value recovered. Not all altcoin are bad, I assume you have ETH and maybe Litecoin and if you see the list for the best coins in the market, they are there. My strategy with Bitcoin when I loose value is I HODL until I reach back my initial value of investment and start gaining. I would have suggested you the same strategy had you had Bitcoin.
recover is a mandatory thing for all traders to do if they lose. but you need a special strategy and introspection first, before trying to recover. you have to know why you can lose that much, and other tips don't be too stressed that you have to recover as soon as possible, just do trading as usual, don't make it too excessive
target
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1041

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 12:33:32 PM

If you bought shitcoins and you knew they are shitcoins, you're doomed, its meant to be dumped. There are thousands of these at presents, but are claiming to be profitable to hold and are shilled by its holders. I have been checking my tokens for months which of them are and will find which DEX its listed and will sell then for whatever its prices is. Whenever I read news on their telegram channel and people says its scam, it could really be true.

Bitkoyns

Activity: 1078
Merit: 262

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 12:55:16 PM

I will be hard for someone to recover from that loss, I think you should patiently do trading because it will really took time for you to recover your loss specially if you had a small capital, one thing you can do is to gamble it but it is risky, you might lose your 100% to it.
Lanatsa

Activity: 2814
Merit: 648

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 01:16:20 PM

recover is a mandatory thing for all traders to do if they lose. but you need a special strategy and introspection first, before trying to recover. you have to know why you can lose that much, and other tips don't be too stressed that you have to recover as soon as possible, just do trading as usual, don't make it too excessive
Its not really mandatory yet it would be suggested to take it slowly when it comes to recovering your loss because if you do stress out yourself too much then it would rather result to more further loss.

Losing is inevitable and going deeply on 90% loss is really very stressful if you are a trader or investor. Finding ways to recover wont really be that easy along the way.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████