Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:46:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PoS pools for altcoin  (Read 156 times)
RagnarKnarf (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 06:36:10 AM

Hi all!

I am interested in staking altcoins. I already staking some coins on my old laptop (24/7), but i want stake much more coins and performance of this laptop is bad.

I know there are some "PoS and masternode" pools for multiple altcoins. It is exactly service which i would like to use. Are these pools legit and safe to use? Which one is biggest and most secured?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
niisarearning

Activity: 910
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 07:39:10 AM

I am holding only on ePOS coin that is NEO . You can even choose some exchange coins which is giving returns while holding these coins in their exchanges . Some are KCS , Bibox Token , Coss etc . Please do your own research before investing on these coins.
stfN2128

Activity: 882
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 07:43:43 AM

Performance isn't really necessary to stake coins, just by the way.

I have staked a long time on stakinglab.io, can't tell you bad things about it. Just have an eye on your payouts if you invest in a shared masternode. in 6 months i had 2 times the problem that a masternode was down - contacted the support and they have started the node again.  Cool
RagnarKnarf (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 07:47:37 AM

Thank you for mention stakinglab.io. I already had an eye on this one and i like it.. Btw. performance is problem when you want run x wallet at once and you have full RAM and everything is too lagy. Even staking have limits Cheesy (I am talking about maximum number of running wallet per concreate machine)
10BTCaDay

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 07:52:10 AM

Now it cannot be said that a pool can be safe because all pools are very centralized. This means that the founder of the pool can steal your money.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
stfN2128

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 07:59:40 AM

Thank you for mention stakinglab.io. I already had an eye on this one and i like it.. Btw. performance is problem when you want run x wallet at once and you have full RAM and everything is too lagy. Even staking have limits Cheesy (I am talking about maximum number of running wallet per concreate machine)

ok, if you running out of ram because you have to much staking wallets thats a problem for sure... Grin

Now it cannot be said that a pool can be safe because all pools are very centralized. This means that the founder of the pool can steal your money.

agreed! i would never stake coins which have a high value. you can never trust anyone expect yourself, it's risky to stake on pools - no doubt!
RagnarKnarf (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 08:31:34 AM

Yea, i am counting with that risk. Is stakinglab.io most trusted one?
Btw. I will risk only low value coins and high value will stay on my wallets at home Cheesy.
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 08:41:20 AM

I heard that a number of them got hacked recently. I think you are always better to get a VPS if you have enough coins for a full node. I have used one in the past so that I could participate while not having enough coins for a node on my own. I can't speak for anyone else but the service I used https://nextgenminer.com/ was pretty good and seemed to be very secure and honest.

stfN2128

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 08:45:06 AM

Yea, i am counting with that risk. Is stakinglab.io most trusted one?
Btw. I will risk only low value coins and high value will stay on my wallets at home Cheesy.

i can't tell you if it's the most trusted one. i just can tell you that stakinglab.io exists for a "long" time now. should be nearly 2 years or something like this and i have never read anything about a hack or something like this.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 07:09:20 AM

Hi all!

I am interested in staking altcoins. I already staking some coins on my old laptop (24/7), but i want stake much more coins and performance of this laptop is bad.

I know there are some "PoS and masternode" pools for multiple altcoins. It is exactly service which i would like to use. Are these pools legit and safe to use? Which one is biggest and most secured?
I think they are fine considering they are providing a service that requires absolutely minimum amount of work and people could literally profit from running such a business without doing too much since after the beta is done and you start the website after day one all you worry about is tracking and that is all automatic so its basically money printing machine for them.

Maybe not as much as exchanges and all that and maybe some ill mannered people will find a way to steal all the money on accounts instead of being happy with the profits they are making but that is a huge risk for the scammer as well. Would you accept that you will be making hundreds even thousands of dollars every week or making millions in a day and risk going to jail? Which one sounds more logical to you? That is why I feel like they must be doing it legibly.
d1ceplayer

Activity: 686
Merit: 277

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 07:46:51 AM

Hi all!

If you are really benefiting from staking, then why do you need to make use of your pc all of the time in order to stake your coin, why not rent a vps and run the wallet in there that will keep running on it's own every 24 hours and you make a small payment monthly for renting their space, I just see it as a total waste of time to running the wallet on your pc every 24 hours when there is an alternative that is even much more better than using your pc directly.
RagnarKnarf (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 03:45:54 PM

d1ceplayer I dont think so..

You are correct about VPS. It is MUCH better than staking on Laptop. I am not investing much into staking. I just want to stake because of crypto is my hobby and i like this idea. I want have lot of "shitcoins" and stake them because it is free fun for me and maybe i will make some extra money in future. For each coin which i am staking or which i want stake i pay 1 - 10 USD like initial investment and then i am just staking or mining.

I must defend my crap laptop little bit Cheesy It is great to play with that machine. It is just for fun laptop.. It was bought 4 years ago just for 300 USD. I have there great passive cooling and it is running 24/7 since end of 2017!!!! Cheesy And CPU is almost all time 100% (i am mining or some similar stuff), with just couple of restart because of critical updates etc. (maybe 10?). I was interesting about these pools because it have limits.. :/
And it is running almost for free (10-14 W)

I am not buying VPS because I am not investing much into staking and i prefer just fun about these "alt" and "shit" coins Smiley. I am using my laptop and i am already using services of one these PoS Pool just because of fun, anyway i was asking because i do not want loose my coins. Stakinglab look legit but i will use one more because i want much more crypto.

I am making something like collection, i have already about 150 crypto coin collection (with specific % from max. cap).

levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 03:51:57 PM

Hi all!

Even big exchanges getting "hacked". How can you trust anonymous projects they say they will stake your coins?

I think holding tokens and not staking them even a better idea than risk of losing all.

RagnarKnarf (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 03:55:42 PM

levyashin
There is something true in your post.

I count with some risk, but i think you cant think about these pools like that (main bonus is Masternode staking with low amount of coins in some cases), because according to your idea you can not even mine in pool because they can decide not to pay you.. :/
LuckyBtc
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1011

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 04:12:47 PM

Hi all!

Even big exchanges getting "hacked". How can you trust anonymous projects they say they will stake your coins?

I think holding tokens and not staking them even a better idea than risk of losing all.
There are better options than staking, For example Waves,Tezos leasing, You can just lease your coins and get rewards. Many projects have started implementing cold staking, Wait till yours does.
okala

Activity: 980
Merit: 114

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 04:17:22 PM

That's right I wanted to stake some of altcoin but am afraid that I might lose control of my coin to the  pos because I have to rely on them to make the staking capable wallet and send me my log in details. I will rather wait till I get the right equipment to stake on my own rather then relying on a poll to do the staking on my behalf.
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2019, 04:21:55 PM

Well i think is better to stake the coins on own wallet because if something happen then you will lose your coins on some pools, is easy to run a wallet if have a laptop which not consume so much electricity and you decide when to stake.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: