Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 02:29:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Q&A Videos  (Read 1102 times)
eMansipater (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 273

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2011, 12:23:31 PM

As most of you know, finding ways to explain bitcoin in accessible language is something of a hobby of mine.  I probably am going to create a range of simple question and answers for the forums at some point, but it's good to have things in multiple formats.  One thing that I am definitely interested in doing is producing a series of mostly ultrashort one-question one-answer youtube videos.   The idea is that these could be linked for people who have specific questions.  Examples would include:

Where do bitcoins come from?
What problem does BitCoin solve?
What makes BitCoin secure?
Will lost bitcoins create a problem in the future?
Where do BitCoins get their value?
Do miners create bitcoins?
What is BitCoin useful for?
etc.

The idea would be to create very simple, direct answers with the possibility to drill-down into full, precise, technical explanations should you so desire.  I'd like to do them at a high production value, and might know a good videographer who will accept bitcoins.  Would anyone else be interested in helping to fund the project?  I'm quite willing to put money towards it myself but right now it would be a backburner thing whereas with some combined support it could be done really thoroughly with a nice full range of questions instead of just a few of them, as well as be completed sooner.  What do people think?  Is this something you are interested in contributing towards?

What I'd like to do is make this content highly tuned for use, with proper interlinking of videos in a fun and catchy way like most polished youtube channels.  Or, if someone else is interested in taking on this project, I would love to help with scripts, content, and funding.  What say ye?

If you found my post helpful, feel free to send a small tip to 1QGukeKbBQbXHtV6LgkQa977LJ3YHXXW8B
Visit the BitCoin Q&A Site to ask questions or share knowledge.
0.009 BTC too confusing?  Use mBTC instead!  Details at www.em-bit.org or visit the project thread to help make Bitcoin prices more human-friendly.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ripper234
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2011, 04:33:08 PM

Instead of questions, how about we all support the area51 proposal?
http://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/30763/bitcoin

This way everyone could ask questions and get good answers in a platform designed for this.

(Perhaps you already follow the proposal, but anyway I think that creating these questions on the forum is pointless - it looks like the Q&A site will open in a few weeks. )

Please do not pm me, use ron@bitcoin.org.il instead
Mastercoin Executive Director
Co-founder of the Israeli Bitcoin Association
eMansipater (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 273

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2011, 05:25:00 PM

I am supporting the stackexchange proposal--this is a proposal for the creation of some youtube content.

If you found my post helpful, feel free to send a small tip to 1QGukeKbBQbXHtV6LgkQa977LJ3YHXXW8B
Visit the BitCoin Q&A Site to ask questions or share knowledge.
0.009 BTC too confusing?  Use mBTC instead!  Details at www.em-bit.org or visit the project thread to help make Bitcoin prices more human-friendly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: