Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:35:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Central Banks in the Age of Blockchains  (Read 283 times)
palle11

Activity: 2310
Merit: 332

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 04:17:35 PM

I already saw a post regarding this and as much as I remember, the IMF is being ready to provide this Learning Coin as a structure/platform to monitor how would a cryptocurrency work. It means that all the pro's and cons will be checked without any flowery stuff. The problem is, the IMF could use this against the whole blockchain technology but we will see it soon.

I'm also feeling that the IMF in such research is to seek a way to formulate possible control of crypto projects and activities. Of course, the IMF would always put a finger where they have interest for control but unfortunately, crypto isn't fiat related.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 06:14:15 PM

With this even being headed by the central bank and the IMF itself I think we can consider this overall as a good news for us. Because we know that these two big institutions will give a big recognition to the banking industry and maybe for some under central banks from other countries themselves. What I am really after from this kinds of events are the expected international policies they plan to make since a lot of countries will try to replicate it into their own country. Besides that a better understanding being given by this event will further clarify a lot of misinformation that has been existing for years now which has been hurting potential investors from these countries.
fasdorcas

Activity: 798
Merit: 527

View Profile
May 07, 2019, 05:51:30 AM

all people and institutional research about blockchain behind of cryptocurrency, but not to adopting one of cryptocurrency, they could be make one for testing purpose i thing. for payment and other i thing they are there is'nt
Why can't they adopt the blockchain. There are a lot of benefits in the blockchain networks which may also increase the financial growth and also the banks would love being amongst the cryptocurrencies. As compared to the start of the cryptocurrencies, there are a lot of members as compared now which shows us the growth of the blockchain network with respect to time.

Time will come when even centralized banks would have been accepted the blockchain networks to make their funds be managed smoothly. Paper money might perhaps get reduced when cryptocurrencies will hit the local markets and I can bet that the world will get more developed once the banks or the government joins the cryptocurrency revolution.
Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 07, 2019, 07:14:10 AM

This week, the Financial Times reported that the IMF, (International Monetary Fund) and the World Bank, are launching a “Learning Coin” on a private blockchain to gain a better understanding of how blockchains work.

In a statement, the IMF said:

“The development of crypto-assets and distributed ledger technology is evolving rapidly, as is the amount of information (both neutral and vested) surrounding it. This is forcing central banks, regulators and financial institutions to recognise a growing knowledge gap between the legislators, policymakers, economists and the technology. This project begins to bridge that gap and form a strong knowledge base of the technology among IMF and World Bank staff.”

what do you think will be the implications?

https://www.altcoinsidekick.com/blog/chain-reaction
They might test the blockchain network and see if it is really beneficial for use. This might be a trial for them to know blockchain more closely. Centralized banks may try to enter the blockchain networks if their requirements are reached. If this news is been published from more official source then it would be a confirm news and it might help a lot I growing of the blockchain technology. The youth is getting ahead in the blockchain technology so obviously the world needs to know a bit more about the blockchain. Blockchain should be engaged in our day to day living so that it could make our financial transactions much more easier.
Xising

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 07, 2019, 08:09:27 AM

Yep, the central banks, the IMF included, won't survive if cryptocurrencies, in their original form and idea spread around the world. So they have to do something now, while it is still not so dangerous. And first thing to do is to learn about the technology behind. Learn about your enemy so that you can defeat it. Other than that I see no purpose to their centralized Learning Coin. On second thought if they want to learn, what's keeping them to buy some bitcoins and join this forum. Best way by far.

Well, these days, many central banks of different countries have been beginning to sanction and allow  the use of cryptocurrencies to be used in their localities. That is a sign that business entities are on the tract of accepting cryptocurrencies in transactions, which would help it grow to reach its utmost potential. Also, as more and more  central banks or similar entities accept the use of cryptocurrencies, it will reinforce the trust factor that communities give cryptocurrencies, which is one aspect lacking for its continued use and being patronized and embraced upon.
Hypnosis00

Activity: 2352
Merit: 339

View Profile
May 07, 2019, 08:16:54 AM

Yep, the central banks, the IMF included, won't survive if cryptocurrencies, in their original form and idea spread around the world. So they have to do something now, while it is still not so dangerous. And first thing to do is to learn about the technology behind. Learn about your enemy so that you can defeat it. Other than that I see no purpose to their centralized Learning Coin. On second thought if they want to learn, what's keeping them to buy some bitcoins and join this forum. Best way by far.

Well, these days, many central banks of different countries have been beginning to sanction and allow  the use of cryptocurrencies to be used in their localities. That is a sign that business entities are on the tract of accepting cryptocurrencies in transactions, which would help it grow to reach its utmost potential. Also, as more and more  central banks or similar entities accept the use of cryptocurrencies, it will reinforce the trust factor that communities give cryptocurrencies, which is one aspect lacking for its continued use and being patronized and embraced upon.
It is a way to make cryptocurrency will be acceptable to everyone and to prove that this is not just an illusion but it can be in real.
Central banks will be looking forward to having an opportunity in crypto and yes they are wise to allow everyone to make use of this. As we know that crypto isn't just supported by low profile individuals but also of some high profiled person which means that they trusting crypto and why banks never have.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Naida_BR

Activity: 980
Merit: 62

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 12:25:40 PM

This week, the Financial Times reported that the IMF, (International Monetary Fund) and the World Bank, are launching a “Learning Coin” on a private blockchain to gain a better understanding of how blockchains work.

In a statement, the IMF said:

“The development of crypto-assets and distributed ledger technology is evolving rapidly, as is the amount of information (both neutral and vested) surrounding it. This is forcing central banks, regulators and financial institutions to recognise a growing knowledge gap between the legislators, policymakers, economists and the technology. This project begins to bridge that gap and form a strong knowledge base of the technology among IMF and World Bank staff.”

what do you think will be the implications?

https://www.altcoinsidekick.com/blog/chain-reaction

That's an interesting post but as long as I don't see that there is a link for this IMF statement I am being cautious to trust it.
I think that these are just FOMO news in order to show that the blockchain industry keeps getting attention and it is evolving. Otherwise, the price would be going downwards significantly.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: