Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:25:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: || BTC2Fiat || - Chrome Extension to Convert selected BTC Value to Fiat Value  (Read 199 times)
apoorvlathey (OP)

Activity: 1162
Merit: 547

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2019, 09:02:01 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2020, 10:51:34 AM by apoorvlathey

Hey ! I am excited to show you all a little extension that I made  Cheesy

BTC2Fiat

Choose from a variety of fiat currencies like USD, INR, EUR, etc. Convert selected Bitcoin (BTC) value on a webpage to fiat equivalent, calculated using the current market price.

How to Setup :
Chrome Webstore Link : https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/btc2fiat-by-apoorvlathey/emmfmjhameppnhjbaibjfdedfleifpae/

How to Use :

> Click on "BTC" logo in the extensions tray and set desired fiat currency from dropdown.

> Select the numeric part of BTC value

> Right Click and Select the "Convert to ..." option

> The popup displays the converted value in Fiat !

Features :
> Currencies supported: AUD, BRL, CAD, CHF, CLP, CNY, DKK, EUR, GBP, HKD, INR, ISK, JPY, KRW, NZD, PLN, RUB, SEK, SGD, THB, TWD, USD
> Current Market price also displayed on clicking the extension's icon
> Works on any webpage

What are your thoughts on this ?? Please share !

-------------------------------------------------------
PS: Please donate to put this project on Chrome Store ! Target: $5. Addy: 1APWd94Bg3ucoUEjcgACeuWP5Pb2XQRmMy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 3592

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2019, 10:08:57 AM

The idea is nice *I did not install it* but I want to add some things:

- Choose multiple BTC exchange platform: You can add more options to determine the price of BTC (coinmarketcap, Binance,...etc.)
 - The change is in the icon rather than an alarm: something is like the coinmarketcap extension.
 - Automatic detection: Once you copy number + "BTC" word (0.0001 BTC,) the price updated to your fiat value.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
elda34b

Activity: 910
Merit: 351

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 10:27:04 AM

Another suggestion: make the extension to be able to show real BTC value on the top bar (no need to click it). No need to be mandatory but I think it's a great alternative.

Nice idea you have here (though not everyone will like it of course). Will give you some tips if I have some spare BTC.
apoorvlathey (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2019, 10:59:59 AM
Last edit: May 13, 2019, 08:49:53 PM by apoorvlathey

The idea is nice *I did not install it* but I want to add some things:

- Choose multiple BTC exchange platform: You can add more options to determine the price of BTC (coinmarketcap, Binance,...etc.)
 - The change is in the icon rather than an alarm: something is like the coinmarketcap extension.
 - Automatic detection: Once you copy number + "BTC" word (0.0001 BTC,) the price updated to your fiat value.

1) That might be a nice idea, I can add a settings page for the extension where the users can choose the exchange of their choice. Just have to figure out the integration of the API's of different exchanges.
2) I can definitely add the current market price to be displayed in the icon itself.
3) Tell me if I got it correctly, you want the extension to change the contents of the html page upon selecting the btc price to fiat price. Right ? I can surely look into that.

Another suggestion: make the extension to be able to show real BTC value on the top bar (no need to click it). No need to be mandatory but I think it's a great alternative.

Nice idea you have here (though not everyone will like it of course). Will give you some tips if I have some spare BTC.
Nice suggestion ! I plan on adding the btc price to be shown in the icon itself, no need to click.

It would be so nice of you to support this project !

Thanks for your valuable suggestions !!

PS: The code is hosted on github, so no need to worry about hesitating to install the extension, as you can have a look at the code itself and see for yourself.

apoorvlathey (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2020, 10:55:28 AM

The extension has been launched on the Chrome Webstore.
You can easily add it to your browser. Link: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/btc2fiat-by-apoorvlathey/emmfmjhameppnhjbaibjfdedfleifpae/

Added the live price badge feature from the suggestions above.

I plan to add on more useful features for the community, so your honest feedback is appreciated!

d.kevin29

Activity: 112
Merit: 72

View Profile
January 27, 2020, 01:02:29 PM

Great idea for sure, but I think the GitHub link should be inside your Chrome Web Store page to reduce the fear of possible malicious intent (not accusing you/your extension or anything, just a suggestion).

I am one of the skeptics out here when it comes to extensions, there have been enough out there with malicious intent. How can I be assured this extension runs solely on the GitHub open-source code and doesn't have any little 'tricky' code lines inside?

Not a developer and never studied how GitHub or extensions really work, so I think this is the best opportunity to learn it. If you plan on creating a website for your extension, I'd add a very short F.A.Q. and have my question included for the skeptics.
apoorvlathey (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2020, 07:16:09 AM

Great idea for sure, but I think the GitHub link should be inside your Chrome Web Store page to reduce the fear of possible malicious intent (not accusing you/your extension or anything, just a suggestion).

I am one of the skeptics out here when it comes to extensions, there have been enough out there with malicious intent. How can I be assured this extension runs solely on the GitHub open-source code and doesn't have any little 'tricky' code lines inside?

Not a developer and never studied how GitHub or extensions really work, so I think this is the best opportunity to learn it. If you plan on creating a website for your extension, I'd add a very short F.A.Q. and have my question included for the skeptics.

Your concerns are valid. I have added the link to the source code (https://github.com/CodinMaster/BTC2Fiat) in the chrome store and it would be live after the google team reviews it.
If you are really sceptic about it, you may open up the developer console for the extension to view what all scripts are running and whether it is malicious in any way or not.

Don't think I might be able to afford a website for this little project, but I can include the FAQ into Github docs as well as the Chrome Webstore's listing.

joniboini
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1789

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2020, 05:41:20 AM

Don't think I might be able to afford a website for this little project, but I can include the FAQ into Github docs as well as the Chrome Webstore's listing.

A website is too much imo. A GitHub page should be enough with all the codes. If you need some donation or something similar you can add the details on the extension page or your GitHub page, no need to run a website.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███