Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 11:03:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Send the wrong address ?  (Read 466 times)
MUG1WARA

Activity: 1008
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 12, 2019, 08:18:00 AM

if you send to the wrong address then no one can help you even though you have sent  response to binance to poloniex. but I am sure they will not respond or help you, because this is your fault not from market

Teawhalee
Copper Member

Activity: 482
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2019, 07:17:39 PM

If funds was sent to the right address then it should have reflected not more than 24-48 hrs all things being equal . But if it’s the case of funds sent to a wrong wallet address , then nothing can be done to this either by poloniex or  binance.

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
Freescan

Activity: 397
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 12, 2019, 07:33:50 PM

Unfortunately, you probably will not return your money. You should always carefully check the address of the wallet to which you transfer money. Exchange support most likely will not be able to help you.

yes it is true even I have experienced something similar when an error in sending to the address, I tried to respond to the party but could not return, because it was absolutely my fault (the owner) was not their fault (the exchange). learning from experience though trivial but very high risk

[                   Ethernity.Cloud                   ]
PUBLIC SALE Q3 2021   |   REGISTER HERE
▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
May 12, 2019, 07:42:23 PM

Unfortunately, you probably will not return your money. You should always carefully check the address of the wallet to which you transfer money. Exchange support most likely will not be able to help you.

yes it is true even I have experienced something similar when an error in sending to the address, I tried to respond to the party but could not return, because it was absolutely my fault (the owner) was not their fault (the exchange). learning from experience though trivial but very high risk

When you send to wrong address then nothing can be done but when you send to wrong coins address then chances of getting recovery is there but only if exchange show mercy on you.
Landak

Activity: 1386
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 12, 2019, 09:33:40 PM

very doubtful if Poloniex will solve your problem. Poloniex support in my opinion is too lazy to solve problems and often delay in giving answers.
Will your USDT balance return? I do not think so. Poloniex is not too cooperative for a number of reasons. And binance,I don't think they can help you because the money (usdt) has been sent.

HILIH                                                                                                                                                                 KINTIL
SistaFista

Activity: 1638
Merit: 251

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 03:03:34 AM

I send usdt to the bitcoin wallet address , Is there any way to get back?

I send money from binance floor to poloniex.

Currently I have sent suport to both exchanges and have not received support.

Do you have any way to help me?

I think you can ask for help to the support in Poloniex exchange.
Because on swap exchange like https://swap.online , you can see the address of bitcoin and USDT for deposit are same.
if the address between btc and usdt are same, then there will be a chance to retrieve them.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
            ████ 
       ████████████
       ████████████
       ████ ████     
       ████ ████     
    ████████████     
    ████████████     
       ████     
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
HEXHASH.XYZ
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
WEB3 INFRASTRUCTURE TO POWER THE
FUTURE CREDENTIAL DATA NETWORKS
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Maslate

Activity: 3052
Merit: 695

Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 03:23:48 AM

Hi Pham,

Thanks for reaching out.

You have sent USDT to your BTC address.  Sending USDT to a BTC address means that the coins are not compatible, thus the transaction was not successful. 

Poloniex does not offer a token/coin recovery service because the process to recover tokens is extremely complicated and may result in significant cost, time, and risk. To avoid this situation in the future, please take extra caution when depositing funds to make sure the coins match the wallet you are depositing to.

If you have any other questions about your account, let us know and we will be happy to help!

Best,
Poloniex Support Team

I am very sad when I receive a letter from poloniex .

This is their reply, that means you will not recovery your money anymore.
I think they can find ways to recover but like they said it's a complicated process and they will loss more time if they do while they are not getting a good amount in return. Just be careful next time, learn from your mistake.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x