Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:04:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What to mine in 2020? (building my first rig)  (Read 215 times)
Bagge6 (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2019, 11:45:24 PM

Hello

Im considering of buying my first mining rig, and I don't want to do major mistakes investing half a grand on this, so any ideas would be appreciated
I have only tested mining with my 1060 and im currently mining eth with around 30% profit, but what coin to focus later when ethereum moves to Proof of stake?

Im considering the RX 570/580's but im also concerned whether to buy 4GB or 8GB versions. Somewhere was written that 4gb cards cannot mine after few years as the DAG goes up, others claiming not to worry about this...

The thing is, my flat goes quite chilly specially at winters, so it would be a good source of heat at the same time and my electricity is quite cheap too

The question is: What cards should I buy which operates relatively quiet, should I be concerned about memory types (Samsung, Hynix, etc) (somewhere was written that Hynix is doing good with 570/580's),
should I go with 4gb or 8gb cards and also, what coin should I be focused on after ethereum is not mineable anymore?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2019, 12:00:46 AM
Merited by CjMapope (1)

..... I don't want to do major mistakes investing half a grand on this, so any ideas would be appreciated
I have only tested mining with my 1060 and im currently mining eth with around 30% profit, but what coin to focus later when ethereum moves to Proof of stake?

.... what coin should I be focused on after ethereum is not mineable anymore?

I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY NEWBIES KEEP ASKING THE SAME QUESTION " ITS TO LATE TO START MINING , IT IS STILL PROFITABLE ? WHY MY EARNING IS LESS THAN ALL THOSE ONLINE CALCULATORS TELLING ME? WHAT IS THE BEST COIN TO MINE ? WHAT IS THE MOST PROFITABLE COIN TO MINE"

No one can tell you !
Always going to be a 2 group of ppl who telling you it's ok go for it , or dont bc you just wasting ur money and time !
You have to make a decision for yourself !
Do your own research !
No one can tell you for sure what's going to happen with cryptocurrency !
No one can tell you it's going to be profitable for you or not !
No one can tell you how much profit you going to be able to make ! ( if you can make any at all )
No one can tell you the ROI ( return of investment) time !
No one can tell you what is the best coin to mine !
No one can tell you what is the most profitable coin to mine! Coins profitability always changing, what is best to mine today, maybe going to be the worst to mine tomorrow !
None of those calculators you are seeing on the web can tell you what's coming tomorrow , months later or 6 months later !
Those calculators telling you about today , at that moment when you typing in your information !
None of those online calculators calculating pool luck !
None of those online calculators calculating your stale/rejected or invalid shares !
None of those online calculators able to predict difficulty growth !
None of those online calculators can predict what would be the coin/$ exchanges rates a minutes later, a hour later,  tomorrow, next week,  months later, 6 months later or a year later !
It's little bit of gambling , you must to decide you want to play on the lottery or not  Grin
YES some of us got lucky , made some money with mining
YES some of us got unlucky , lost some money , bc when price started to fall , sold they coins , miners...

! INVEST ONLY WHAT YOU'RE WILLING AND ABLE TO LOSE !
! INVEST WITH THE UNDERSTANDING , THAT YOU COULD LOSE EVERYTHING !

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2019, 12:53:19 AM

The question is: What cards should I buy which operates relatively quiet, should I be concerned about memory types (Samsung, Hynix, etc) (somewhere was written that Hynix is doing good with 570/580's),
should I go with 4gb or 8gb cards and also, what coin should I be focused on after ethereum is not mineable anymore?

all these questions have been answered again and again on this board, just read the first few pages of threads Tongue
what cards? whatevers powerful if you have cheap power. if you dont have cheap power, then your prob screwed no matter WHAT u buy Tongue
mem types can matter yes, but good luck being picky, generally you get what u get (unless you buy bulk+new)
8gb cards have more options, they do better on algos like MTP
focus on what could be profitable in the FUTURE, many believe in 2k ETH again  once not mineable anymore so continue to mine even at break even
nooone knows the future

good luck! Smiley

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2019, 03:41:27 AM

Any good Gpu can mine Banano using folding@home check out this home page
https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/banano
and this the page where you can mine Banano  https://bananominer.com/
Banano is a fork of Mrai or now known as Nano who knows this coin will be worth $1 or more in the future.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: