Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:33:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WeChat bans crypto transactions in its payment channels  (Read 258 times)
Chrystora123

Activity: 1414
Merit: 228

Omicron is another FUD

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 11:10:52 PM

https://www.theblockcrypto.com/tiny/wechat-bans-crypto-transactions-in-its-payment-channels/

Did everyone hear about the recent statement released from WeChat regarding the ban of all crypto transactions? This would make sense seeing that it is a Chinese company and China has been pushing hard to regulate crypto.

What does this mean for crypto and WeChat? Will we see decentralized apps like Elixxir take its place?
I think this is just speculation to make the price of Bitcoin go down, but we don't have to worry too much and panic about this news, even though the most crypto players are in China but this news will not have much effect on the price of Bitcoin and Altcoin  Wink

BlueStackz
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
May 10, 2019, 05:31:23 AM

China is doing all the possibilities to create one more huge dump and buy cheap coins and sell it for huge . Last time exchange ban and other events we seen . After crypto price how it increase we witnessed.
Chinas impact on the market is too less already. Such news dont shock the markets anymore, they wont trigger massive sells. Additionally, such news only affect the chinese market which is in general shrinking due to the 2017s bans etc.
I really don’t know what china always feel like, they should keep their system to themselves, at least we have got other alternatives too, there was a time I heard that they even banned their citizens from using what Sapp which was true, because I have some contacts over there that do send me some products, I couldn’t get through to them till they told me china banned them from using whatsapp, we had to go over to we chat, now they are coming up with what would eventually make some people abandon we chat for other projects that would give them freedom or run on a decentralized social media system.
Anc92

Activity: 259
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 10:40:41 AM

It's kind of a setback but won't mean much in my opinion. They'll only be left behind as the crypto world progresses further. With projects that are working to influence sectors such as gaming, the crypto world will definitely gain more traction.
matchi2011

Activity: 1456
Merit: 267

Buy $BGL before it's too late!

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 10:45:36 AM

It's kind of a setback but won't mean much in my opinion. They'll only be left behind as the crypto world progresses further. With projects that are working to influence sectors such as gaming, the crypto world will definitely gain more traction.
Good point, crypto won't suffered with such actions as there's already venues of businesses where crypto already been establishing a good usage, if more of this places will keep it and enhance we will be enjoying the success of this industry.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
dimonarka

Activity: 994
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 12:45:45 PM

I think this is a stupid decision and completely unrealistic in size of this social network, since what then prevents these users from entering and buying tokens just on a decentralized exchange? I will answer you nothing in my opinion it will not last long as everyone understands how it can end.
Saisher

Activity: 2310
Merit: 175

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 12:49:38 PM

https://www.theblockcrypto.com/tiny/wechat-bans-crypto-transactions-in-its-payment-channels/

Did everyone hear about the recent statement released from WeChat regarding the ban of all crypto transactions? This would make sense seeing that it is a Chinese company and China has been pushing hard to regulate crypto.

What does this mean for crypto and WeChat? Will we see decentralized apps like Elixxir take its place?
I never used Wechat and besides it's their lost anyway, so many crypto users are in We chat, I'm pretty sure the second nearest competitor that is open to cryptocurrency will get a big share in the market, this is a bad move for Wechat just as we are reading a lot of great things about Cryptocurrency, one of this is the predicted another all time high.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: