Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:44:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptopia goes bankcrupt  (Read 453 times)
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 08:27:13 PM

This is a shame, Cryptopia literally gone out with our money simply reason of hacking. They had the capability to come back, however the truth is I lost my Bitcore token around ~$60 and this is an exit scam.
It hurts initially, but the sooner more of these incompetent garbage exchanges fail, the healthier this space becomes. It's not for nothing that all these exchanges go down, one faster than the other.

I'm not sure if they would be successful relaunching, and I'm happy that they no longer try it, because one way or another, their users would very likely end up losing money again.

From now, will try not to leave my cryptos on the exchange anymore.
Coinomi wallet allows you to store a wide variety of shitcoins where you control the private keys, so download it if you haven't already. Let your $60 loss be a lesson that helps you improve and not lose again in the future. Smiley

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
carlfebz2

Activity: 2926
Merit: 723

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 10:31:46 PM

Bad for the traders who trust this exchange, but let's call it a regular news in the crypto space, some will succeed while some will fail, just like the real status in the business world.

I am a user of the site, but not a heavy user as I rely more on the high volume exchanges, it's just sad that they were hack and they have no contingency plan in order for the business to continue.
Just take a look on Binance on how they do able to handle it well when it comes to hacking indcident.It did really stained up their reputation but they do able to retain or sustain possible loss of interest into its users.
Cryptopia might able to stand up again if they are really serious or willingly to recover but with their current things that they are doing it shows that they arent really interested at all and becomes a scam exchange.
This is indeed a regular news on crypto space so it wont be surprised if another exchange would be hacked.
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 02:35:53 AM

Bad for the traders who trust this exchange, but let's call it a regular news in the crypto space, some will succeed while some will fail, just like the real status in the business world.

I am a user of the site, but not a heavy user as I rely more on the high volume exchanges, it's just sad that they were hack and they have no contingency plan in order for the business to continue.
Just take a look on Binance on how they do able to handle it well when it comes to hacking indcident.It did really stained up their reputation but they do able to retain or sustain possible loss of interest into its users.
Cryptopia might able to stand up again if they are really serious or willingly to recover but with their current things that they are doing it shows that they arent really interested at all and becomes a scam exchange.
This is indeed a regular news on crypto space so it wont be surprised if another exchange would be hacked.
Some says that what happened to binance is only a show up to attract more potential costumers  because people will think that binance is a good exchange that can refund a funds if ever their site will be hacked again but what happend to cryptopia is a different story because cryptopia did not run verry well  . There are lots of reports that cryptopia had a bad support and the exchange mainly  list un rated coins   
CVD

Activity: 48
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 04:08:17 PM

I even managed to go to the exchange for the last time, look at the remains of my coins  Smiley
It is interesting that immediately after they announced the beginning of the liquidation of the exchange, the movements of the stolen funds began. So sad. Imagine what those who kept there a decent part of the portfolio. Awful ...
yesiam6

Activity: 1036
Merit: 520

1KoMmKPMG6xaWcqB8CPP3WJ8avRSVRHtP2

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 12:42:38 PM

Great 1 btc worth of shitcoins down the drain just because i was lazy fml, can't trust kiwis

___   __    ______     
/__/\ /__/\ /_____/\   
\::\_\\  \ \\:::_ \ \   
 \:. `-\  \ \\:\ \ \ \ 
  \:. _    \ \\:\ \ \ \
   \. \`-\  \ \\:\_\ \ \
    \__\/ \__\/ \_____\/
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 08:57:32 PM

This is a shame, Cryptopia literally gone out with our money simply reason of hacking. They had the capability to come back, however the truth is I lost my Bitcore token around ~$60 and this is an exit scam. From now, will try not to leave my cryptos on the exchange anymore.
I must be sincere with us, it is very disheartening to see cryptopia gone like that and I have many tokens there that I cannot quantify it value at this moment. I hope the owner and developer come back to pay us what belongs to us. I was using the exchange because of pump and dump and it was working very well for me before this ugly incident happened. I know that it is because of the hacked that it has to go bankruptcy.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: