Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 12:23:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Paid for Copper Membership ( Private Message Delay ) ?  (Read 165 times)
ThomasDavis2018 (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

Non Serviam

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 09:58:10 AM

I purchased the Copper membership to message some people specifically I wanted to reach out to, before I bought it the page stated it may increase your ability to send a message more than once every hour?

Can someone shine some clarification on this, is there a minimum post count to remove the cool down?

In this world a man makes his own way, no one gives it to you. You have to take it, non serviam.
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2019, 10:04:13 AM

Look at this:

ActivityMax recipientsMax recipients if whitelistedMax PMs per hourMax PMs per hour if whitelistedMax PMs per dayMax PMs per day if whitelisted

You are automatically whitelisted if you buy a copper membership. You don't need to wear the copper membership, just own it. You can also be whitelisted for free by any staff member and a few non-staff, but we're going to need some reason to think that you actually deserve it. Do not ask me for free whitelisting.

Whitelisting is a not a license to spam. You will be immediately banned if you're found spamming, even if you bought a copper membership (and you will not be refunded).

combined with this:

By popular demand, newbies can now pay to have some of their restrictions lifted. If you pay the fee, you become a Copper Member, and you can post images. That's the main point of this: allowing newbies to post images. Additionally (and these might change depending on how things go), Copper Members currently have these bonuses:

- Some of the same permissions as Member-rank members, such as reduced signature styling restrictions. (But none of the PM-related restrictions are currently lifted, such as the style limit or per-hour PM limit.)
[...]

The PM limit is going to be raised as you increase in rank. Your copper membership won't lift these limits.

ThomasDavis2018 (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

Non Serviam

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 10:06:06 AM

Look at this:

ActivityMax recipientsMax recipients if whitelistedMax PMs per hourMax PMs per hour if whitelistedMax PMs per dayMax PMs per day if whitelisted

You are automatically whitelisted if you buy a copper membership. You don't need to wear the copper membership, just own it. You can also be whitelisted for free by any staff member and a few non-staff, but we're going to need some reason to think that you actually deserve it. Do not ask me for free whitelisting.

Whitelisting is a not a license to spam. You will be immediately banned if you're found spamming, even if you bought a copper membership (and you will not be refunded).

combined with this:

By popular demand, newbies can now pay to have some of their restrictions lifted. If you pay the fee, you become a Copper Member, and you can post images. That's the main point of this: allowing newbies to post images. Additionally (and these might change depending on how things go), Copper Members currently have these bonuses:

- Some of the same permissions as Member-rank members, such as reduced signature styling restrictions. (But none of the PM-related restrictions are currently lifted, such as the style limit or per-hour PM limit.)
[...]

The PM limit is going to be raised as you increase in rank. Your copper membership won't lift these limits.

I appreciate the quick response, seems like the Copper membership was a bit misleading, when it stated "may"

In this world a man makes his own way, no one gives it to you. You have to take it, non serviam.
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2019, 11:20:12 AM

I appreciate the quick response, seems like the Copper membership was a bit misleading, when it stated "may"

May i ask which thread / site you are referring to ?

r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 03:23:02 PM

You posted the correct links but you confused the OP with your above statement.

1. PM limits are governed by "Activity" not by "rank".
2. Copper Membership automatically whitelist the user, so OP should have  increased PM limits.

OP, if you are not getting the privilege that are mentioned here then you should PM theymos or can create topic in Meta about your issue.

I am alive
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 03:42:15 PM

Why max pm per day is 1200 when activity is 500 when you can't send that many messages because it would be only to advertise/spam/scam or anything else bad. I don't see any reason to send that many messages daily and it would be accepted by forum owners.
This is side note, main note is that raise your activity, be active on forum and you will have it rised.
Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 03:01:05 AM

Can someone shine some clarification on this, is there a minimum post count to remove the cool down?
the higher activity you have the shorter delay/waittime between each post/PM

... Copper Members currently have these bonuses:

- Your "you must wait ____ seconds between ___" counter is reduced by 75%. So if you're naturally of Newbie rank, you only have to wait 360-75% = 90 seconds.

the bolded part was true at the time theymos introduces copper membership
about a month later, in december 2017, he announced New PM limits as shown in your other quotes
and another bonus of copper membership is reduced waittime on posting and sending PM

it's not misleading. just that waittime is still applied to both posting and sending PM
copper membership only raise max number of PM recipients, hourly and daily limit
it doesn't remove waittime completely but cut 75% of your waittime
so as a Newbie with 20 activity you can send more PMs and shorter waittime than a Member rank

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: