Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:32:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Atheists/agnostics, do you feel afraid or fear that what if you are wrong?  (Read 282 times)
TheCoinGrabber

Activity: 994
Merit: 302

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 11:51:36 PM

I was once a firm believer in God.

I just thought it made sense to believe in a God who's all powerful, all knowing, and I thought that's the only way the universe began, by the creation of God.

I was a believer not blindly, but, by choice. Because, my logic said that there is a God.

It's my same reasoning that has turned me into an agnostic today.

When I question, why was the universe so unorganized? Why did God create that piece of black holes thousands of light years away if his focus was on human beings, why would a God be so selfish that he wants eternal praise, what was God doing before creating everything and does God doesn't know something which he doesn't know?

I got the only answer, "you are human and can't understand God as he's beyond logic".

Hence, my weird questions got no satisfaction.

Today, I believe that the universe is itself eternal. Matter can neither be created nor destroyed and needs no God to create it.

However, I'm open to the idea of big bang as well as maybe, a powerful force (which can be called God) created it.

But I don't know, I can just believe. I can never know.

But since I was believer before, one of my part sometimes call me back saying you are wrong. You are on wrong path and just don't want to believe by your own choice. You will be I'm hell for it. And I get scared.

What's your opinion on it? Do you get this feeling too, how do you cope with it?

The agnostics are probably not as bothered as we'd think, most of them probably never worry about this. As for the atheists they've made up their mind and they are willing to risk it. Heard of Pascal's wager? They constantly talk about it, except in their case they found they have nothing to bet on.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2019, 01:32:05 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2019, 02:43:24 PM by af_newbie

I just thought it made sense to believe in a God who's all powerful, all knowing, and I thought that's the only way the universe began, by the creation of God.

I was a believer not blindly, but, by choice. Because, my logic said that there is a God.

When I question, why was the universe so unorganized? Why did God create that piece of black holes thousands of light years away if his focus was on human beings, why would a God be so selfish that he wants eternal praise, what was God doing before creating everything and does God doesn't know something which he doesn't know?

I got the only answer, "you are human and can't understand God as he's beyond logic".

Today, I believe that the universe is itself eternal. Matter can neither be created nor destroyed and needs no God to create it.

However, I'm open to the idea of big bang as well as maybe, a powerful force (which can be called God) created it.

But since I was believer before, one of my part sometimes call me back saying you are wrong. You are on wrong path and just don't want to believe by your own choice. You will be I'm hell for it. And I get scared.

What's your opinion on it? Do you get this feeling too, how do you cope with it?

How did you determine that the only way to create the universe was 'by the creation of God'?  
Nobody knows how the universe was created.  Never mind one specific 'way'.  
We do not know how Physics laws work on objects smaller than Planck's time or length.

As for being on the 'wrong path', well, my epistemology is sound, and I have no doubt that all religious dogmas are products of the human mind.  The evolutionary psychological trick to help you survive in a magical, dangerous world.

Religions cannot even agree about what 'God' is or it wants.  

The fact that there are many religions, denominations, sects, cults should tell you that they are just cultural artifacts.

Religions are time capsules from the time when they were created.  They provide answers to unknowns.

TheCoinGrabber

Activity: 994
Merit: 302

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 02:55:06 PM
Last edit: June 06, 2019, 01:19:48 AM by TheCoinGrabber

The agnostics are probably not as bothered as we'd think, most of them probably never worry about this. As for the atheists they've made up their mind and they are willing to risk it. Heard of Pascal's wager? They constantly talk about it, except in their case they found they have nothing to bet on.

But agnostics and atheists have to hide their inner feelings in for atheists already claimed that they believe for certain that God doesn't exist. However, many who were once a religious person might have similar experiences like me where part of our former self tries to call us back.

Call it programming or whatever. I suppose people who were originally atheist or agnostic would feel something similar when they convert into a religion. Same with theists hopping from one religion to another.
Naida_BR

Activity: 980
Merit: 62

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 04:20:24 PM

If you just rely the existence of God in the Big Bang then there is still not evidence on how the world was created.
And my thought, is what pushed the Big Bang to happen and the world was created? Because if it was something that Physical powers created then why it didn't happen again, and it happened only once?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: