Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 07:22:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CRYPTO FOR THE HOMELESS - DUNKIN DONUTS LIKES US TOO!!!! (discounted me too!)  (Read 368 times)
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 2462

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2019, 07:33:17 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

I think that you need to differentiate between "homeless" and "roofless". I'm converting to become a digital nomad - ie roofless, but not homeless. I'm not short of money, and I don't need to beg for charity ( although I might need to monetise some of my projects ). Crypto is great for me, and I have the computing equipment to take advantage of it. The truly homeless with no asset or income base, are not really ideal recipients for crypto. They probably don't have the equipment for a wallet, and even if they have, they may not be able to prevent its theft. It seems to me that cash is far more useful to them.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 07:34:55 PM

anyone else notice that its the same exact qr code each person is holding. just look at the dot pattern.

the homeless are not getting individual addresses they are just holding up the same piece of paper where funds all go to one location.

this means an individual homeless guy cant individually get funded and spend the funds individually for his own food. i smell something fishy and i dot think its a mc Filet-O-Fish

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
brollikk (OP)

Activity: 118
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 07:38:43 PM

We are receiving the crypto and buying homeless people food. It is common sense that homeless people have a lot of barriers for using crypto and even managing it. We are giving them the food and water they need for immediate comfort and living. I absolutely hate how some people over complicate this and assume the worst. Go to the website - look at the posts.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 08:28:47 PM

anyone else notice that its the same exact qr code each person is holding. just look at the dot pattern.

the homeless are not getting individual addresses they are just holding up the same piece of paper where funds all go to one location.

this means an individual homeless guy cant individually get funded and spend the funds individually for his own food. i smell something fishy and i dot think its a mc Filet-O-Fish
Now that I look at the sheet, I'm inclined to agree with you. I think that all of the QR codes across the three sheets are the same, but I might also be missing the intent of the project. It's possible that it's going around and handing out Dunkin Donuts to homeless people with proceeds earned from the donations to those QR codes. I don't know for sure, but that's my next best guess. However, it begs the questions; just how much different would this be from other charities, where a majority of the money goes to the overhead of the organization and only a small portion actually goes towards helping those who need it? I don't know how much accountability there is for this project, or if it is needed, but it might be worth keeping that in mind.

Hopefully, an overwhelming majority, if not all, of the donations go to feeding the homeless and aren't kept as a kind of service fee. Sure, some expenses can be covered like gas and the like, but there are always some people who scrape from the top.
brollikk (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 09:16:14 PM

Organization? I am literally one guy handing the food out lol. Yes the crypto is just so I can fund the food, I am HODLING the crypto in hopes of it going up (it will) and spending my fiat to buy the food. It's really simple.
superscommessebitcoin

Activity: 1176
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 09:45:12 PM

This is certainly a very noble idea. This once again shows that the cryptocurrency has no boundaries. It can be used in any industry and for any purpose.
vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 11:47:05 PM

This topic needs to be locked. It's probably a scam attempt. As others have said, donations are the same and have already been used in other situations. If you want to help someone with cryptos donations, teach them how simple it is to create a wallet where they, and only they, have access to privates keys. Many of them have cell phones that could be used for this.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 12:46:38 AM
Last edit: May 20, 2019, 01:00:01 AM by franky1

looking at the 'buy/sell philly' stuff month ago.

seems the OP is using the EXACT SAME address to buy/sell items (facepalm)
seems the OP wants to pretend that the addresses are escrow/safe..(facepalm)

funny thing is though
"How can an address be confirmed safe? If this page grew large the admins would be in charge of a lot of money at once. It just takes one asshole to bring this whole idea down"
"It’s only one admin at the moment (me) and I’m trying to build trust by starting with small transactions to collect positive feedback. Its the only way I can think of doing it."

how can brolikk say his funds are escrowed (third party held) if he is the only person (facepalm)

to m i just see it as a guy that for 1 week went out and handed out say $25 of food to half a dozen homeless. and is now pretending its a daily/lifes ambition in the hopes people will send him thousands of dollars in exchange for the $25 of food

this concept is not new. and if he wanted to do it right/ethically. i would have seen it done other ways
sorry but my spidey sense is really tingling with this one

other points to raise.
a) title of topic... um the homeless dont get crypto. so its not crypto for homeless
b) none of the descriptions show of active daily commutes to feed the same people, it seems more of a 'one free meal for a pic' PR campaign. rather than on ongoing feed and help the homeless ongoing
c) if the OP cared about homeless health and effectiveness of funding. homemade sandwichs can be made for 10x cheaper and be of a healthier option

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Crypto Girl

Activity: 980
Merit: 294

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 01:28:47 AM

c) if the OP cared about homeless health and effectiveness of funding. homemade sandwichs can be made for 10x cheaper and be of a healthier option
Basically, he's just buying in fast food chains and roam around and pick some homeless guy.
It would be great if he made it as feeding program like cooking every morning a hot porridge and feed everyone who will line up. Though maybe he's too busy in school to prepare and cook.

I love the idea of helping the homeless but using them and crypto as well for personal interest is bs.

I use this provider to trade Cryptos : Bitcoin Revolution
brollikk (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 01:56:27 AM

looking at the 'buy/sell philly' stuff month ago.

seems the OP is using the EXACT SAME address to buy/sell items (facepalm)
seems the OP wants to pretend that the addresses are escrow/safe..(facepalm)

funny thing is though
"How can an address be confirmed safe? If this page grew large the admins would be in charge of a lot of money at once. It just takes one asshole to bring this whole idea down"
"It’s only one admin at the moment (me) and I’m trying to build trust by starting with small transactions to collect positive feedback. Its the only way I can think of doing it."

how can brolikk say his funds are escrowed (third party held) if he is the only person (facepalm)

to m i just see it as a guy that for 1 week went out and handed out say $25 of food to half a dozen homeless. and is now pretending its a daily/lifes ambition in the hopes people will send him thousands of dollars in exchange for the $25 of food

this concept is not new. and if he wanted to do it right/ethically. i would have seen it done other ways
sorry but my spidey sense is really tingling with this one

other points to raise.
a) title of topic... um the homeless dont get crypto. so its not crypto for homeless
b) none of the descriptions show of active daily commutes to feed the same people, it seems more of a 'one free meal for a pic' PR campaign. rather than on ongoing feed and help the homeless ongoing

The buy sell thing was just one of the first projects I wanted to get involved in to maybe do something cool with crypto. I didn't like the openbazaar because of how user-unfriendly it was and really liked facebook marketplace type transactions. It get absolutely 0 adoption because nobody was interested in switching from ebay and other better alternatives. I fully understand because of buyer protection.

This homeless thing is just something I am doing for fun - literally when I have some free time after class or maybe during a lunch break. I actually may go buy some supplies from the store to make sandwiches and whatnot but I have to walk around all day in the hospital/clinic and I don't even have access to any place to store food if it is perishable. It was just easier to stop by fast food places when I had a few minutes.

My mentality was that this amount of help to the homeless is better than nothing, a lot of them typically do not use any sort of charity because of a lack of knowledge - AND I get to do something involving crypto (even if it's HODLING the donations and spending my own money).

And go to the fucking site please - I spend much more than $25... The halal guys ALONE cost $40 and that was just 2 trips out of 9 (I reimbursed the Korea/NYC food too - which was well over $60 in bitcoin cash). There are enough pictures at this point where you can EASILY see that I am spending a significant amount of time and money trying to help homeless people for real. And I personally would prefer to get different people every time - it seems more fair to me. I don't care if it is "inefficient" in anyone's eyes because I think there is a certain humane element to this because I am going in person face to face - this isn't something that you can just tie to a monetary value.

For those of you who support this - I appreciate it - I truly do. But to those who are criticizing it because I had a failed prior project and also didn't even check the freaking website to see if it was legit... do some research first please.
brollikk (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 02:26:03 AM

This is one of the problems with crypto I realize...

You try to do something independent involving it - and because of the lack of buyer protection/chargebacks everyone just automatically assumes it's a scam.

(By the way - there has always been people saying my project was a scam from day #1 where I posted pictures of me buying meals even without any donations until right now after 9 separate days of handing out meals). Look at the site before making any accusations please.

I am a student and have limited time
I am just doing this for fun
I have a previously failed project because it was a bad idea but I wanted to see if it would work anyways - yes I used the same crypto addresses - no I didn't get a single person who was interested.
No you can't tell for sure if anything is a scam or not but I post enough pictures of the meals on my website (and instagram/twitter/facebook) where you can see for yourself that it is not just "$25" of food.

I Can't go out every single day because of my schedule and obligations but I try my best.

This is a lot simpler than a lot of people are making it out to be - I value in person face to face donations and I will continue to do this.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 06:51:16 AM

coming to a international forum to promote a project, but then pretend its just a simple hand out a dozen bags of food in exchange for a dozen photo's seems weak.

also trying to get international volunteers to advertise YOUR payment address where you pretended its a safe escrow, but thn admit YOU are the sole controller seems weak.

then there is the whole paying $10 a meal and saying if you seen other homeless you would have to split the food between them, seems weak.

again asking an international viewerbase for donations whereby no matter where in the world it is YOU that want the crypto. and where you have shown little evidence of ongoing support of the homeless. (ie one sandwich per person just to get their photo, rather than building a relationship with a few homeless on more repeat visit/more than one occassion), aswell as no concern for the economics of spending the funds.(for $10 people can make 5 meals and include a t-shirt, socks and some soap)

it just seemed more like feeding a guy as payment to get his photo, just for you to get funding.. not a proof of concept of feeding homeless regularly and the homeless then wanting to help by agreeing to have pic taken as a thankyou

i have seen many people, both good and bad try to do similar things. some i have donated to, some i have not. i would say over the years i have given away thousands and my gut feeling has always led me right. EG 'seans outpost' was a worthy cause. but many things are just not sitting right with your project. whether it be your excuses to not want to project manage it properly by blaming time/scheduling/saying its just for fun. whether it be your money management lack of skills by paying $10 for one meal and saying if there was more than one homeless you would split the food to make it stretch..

just seems you are not the right guy to be managing a international project of getting people around the world to pay YOU

brollikk (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 10:38:06 AM
Last edit: May 20, 2019, 11:01:29 AM by brollikk

A lot of these things you listed are mistakes from a lack of experience on my part and also trial and error. I literally tried getting something cheaper like McDonald’s and was criticized for being too cheap, then I did halal guys and still was accused of being dishonest. The escrow idea was BAD I admit but I still wanted to see where it would go. (I honestly think it would have been ok if I started with small transactions and proved legitimacy through reputation - it's just that the amount of effort for people to even participate was so high that people just never joined.) I’m not afraid to experiment with projects online and yes not all of the things I did were fruitful. I am absolutely done knee jerk reacting to every persons criticism and trying to prove myself over and over and over. I truly am doing this for fun but I am still trying to put in some good effort. If it doesn’t sit well with you then do not donate to me, but to act like all this effort I went through was to steal crypto is delusional. It’s the internet / I understand skepticism is the norm and everyone assumes the west every single time.

The main reason why I post this on an "international forum" and whatnot is because that is the easiest way for people to see the project. How is that mutually exclusive from it being something I am doing for fun? This ISN'T my job, I spend time on it when I have some free time after work or when I just feel like it...

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: